This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jwskud View Post
    Jon also said that the 550 will conservatively hit 92 dB at 20 Hz (no room gain),
    Ah!! I didn't know this! This piece of info has me feeling great right now. I do not expect to feel any infrasound BUT that would be totally be welcomed and astonishing none the less. Hitting 20 hz has me sold already.

Comment

I'm definitely going duals, but probably won't stack, as I hope to position the 2 subs to even out room response.
      My thoughts exactly!

Comment

• Originally posted by BudgetMike View Post

Ah!! I didn't know this! This piece of info has me feeling great right now. I do not expect to feel any infrasound BUT that would be totally be welcomed and astonishing none the less. Hitting 20 hz has me sold already.
        Yeah, it was back in post 114. If you listen at, say, 75 dB (loud but not ear-bleed-loud), then you need a 15 dB increase at 20 Hz to get the same "loudness" that your mains supply (we hear low frequencies "less"). So 92 dB, before room gain, should provide for a full 20-20,000 Hz response in room.

Of course, I know guys over on AVS Forum who want 120-125 dB at 20 Hz, but that's nuts! Just give me clean, full spectrum sound, please - that's what the A5.4s and A2.4 are begging for.

Comment

Of course, I know guys over on AVS Forum who want 120-125 dB at 20 Hz, but that's nuts! Just give me clean, full spectrum sound, please - that's what the A5.4s and A2.4 are begging for.
          Ah you own the A series! These will be my first purchase past my little Energy Take Classics 5.1 set up. Looking to upgrading my front stage to the 700 series. Though I will admit the A series has had my attention for some time now, I've never had the pleasure of experience anything Chane or anything above my current set up unfortunately.

Comment

• This is great news....will we be able to order the 550 at the launch of the 190? Or are they doing a rollout for each one individually...

Comment

• Originally posted by Downbythepylons View Post
              This is great news....will we be able to order the 550 at the launch of the 190? Or are they doing a rollout for each one individually...
              Not positive, but Jon made it sound like all 3 options will be available, simply by choosing from a pull-down menu or something like that. We'll see in a few days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downbythepylons View Post
                This is great news....will we be able to order the 550 at the launch of the 190? Or are they doing a rollout for each one individually...
                Not quite sure yet. I think we'll probably post the TAI-190 first but it could post with the TAI-300 and TAI-550 at the same time. Work in progress...

Comment

• Now I just need to figure out if I go with the 300, or splurge and get two 190s. Glad it is going to be soon :)

Comment

• This may be a silly question but what exactly is the max wattage for the 10" that comes with either 300 watt amp or 550 watt amp?
                    Last edited by BudgetMike; 07-01-2020, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Not positive, but Jon made it sound like all 3 options will be available, simply by choosing from a pull-down menu or something like that. We'll see in a few days.
                      Were you looking for more specs on these three units? If so, what's on that list?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post

Were you looking for more specs on these three units? If so, what's on that list?
                        He might faint! be careful <3

Comment

• Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post
                          Anything and everything!

Final weights of all 3, F3 values for all 3, max output (dB) for all 3, 20 Hz output (dB) for all 3, peak wattage for all 3, etc. I think a lot of us are really wanting to know these values to we can determine which version is right for us. Of course, prices will help, too. But I don't expect any of this information up front, as you've mentioned before. I am hoping that all this data will be available once they're released for sale.

We have some ideas on the 190 and 300 based on the old Snell manuals/specs, but I really want to know what the 550 adds. I expect more output, but I really want to know if it digs any deeper.

Oh, and as mentioned before, if you had an idea of what the follow-up, permanent sub (novel Chane product) will look like in comparison, and an estimated price, that would help a lot, too. Even if it's just estimates at this point.

Comment

Anything and everything!
                            Normally I wouldn't consider a sub purchase (major upgrade) without full CEA-2010 specs from Data-Bass.com, but these will be an exception b/c I expect killer prices. Still, it would be nice to be able to compare to the competitors in the space, on some level, since nobody has heard these Snell-based models. I already know, based on the few reviews I could find, that the 300 will deliver fast, tight, punchy bass with some authority down low. And BufordTJustice on AVS has said it'll kill my Klipsch R-120SW. But I'm a research/data-hound, so the more I know, the better...

Comment

Final weights of all 3, F3 values for all 3, max output (dB) for all 3, 20 Hz output (dB) for all 3, peak wattage for all 3, etc. I think a lot of us are really wanting to know these values to we can determine which version is right for us.
                              Will do. It's relatively simple to build a little matrix and pop some figures in. Please note that there are two caveats, however.

-Specs are severely subjective in places. There is a slowly-improving standard but there's also a severe commoditization of cheap product, where specs are touted but real sound is not identified;
                              -There is a concurrent lack of objective knowledge why two products can and will differ in quality of sound regardless of spec. I can't identify much of it myself and I look at this stuff all the time. We're still deep in need-to-hear-it territory. I wish it weren't so but to significant degrees, it is.

Originally posted by jwskud View Post
                              Oh, and as mentioned before, if you had an idea of what the follow-up, permanent sub (novel Chane product) will look like in comparison, and an estimated price, that would help a lot, too. Even if it's just estimates at this point.
                              Can do. The amp is more difficult - and very advanced, fortunately - but the rest of the sub is already known, complete with running supply line. More will appear when we have it.

Comment

I already know, based on the few reviews I could find, that the 300 will deliver fast, tight, punchy bass with some authority down low. And BufordTJustice on AVS has said it'll kill my Klipsch R-120SW. But I'm a research/data-hound, so the more I know, the better...
                                There's that subjectivity...

The drivers in this series are well past the norm for $200-$400 commodity subs. The rest of the product brings estimated weights toward 40-50#.

Comment

Working...
                                X