Crossovers from Audyssey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crossovers from Audyssey

Is it normal for Audyssey (XT32) to pick 40hz for Arx2-c and 100hz for Arx3-c?

There's about 6-8 inches of room behind the towers, but maybe only about 3 inches behind the center.

Originally posted by marius View Post

There's about 6-8 inches of room behind the towers, but maybe only about 3 inches behind the center.

Yes. I changed mine to 80 hz for all my speakers and set them to small. I've got A3rx-c front left/right, A2rx-c center and original A3 surrounds. Running with a PSA-XV15. AVR Denon X4000.

Comment

Originally posted by GFOviedo View Post
      Yes. I changed mine to 80 hz for all my speakers and set them to small. I've got A3rx-c front left/right, A2rx-c center and original A3 surrounds. Running with a PSA-XV15. AVR Denon X4000.
      I got X4000 as well! Did you get 100 for fronts and 40 for center like me? I'm thinking I may need to plug my center.

Comment

I got 40Hz for my A5rx-c and 50Hz for my A3rx-c. I moved them to 60 and 70Hz respectively. After full break-in I'll change them to 60 and 80Hz.

Of course you must have a sub...

I port plugged all three of my Chane fronts as they are close to a wall at their rear. 2 to 3 ft clearance from all major "boundries" is recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by nightfly View Post
          I got 40Hz for my A5rx-c and 50Hz for my A3rx-c. I moved them to 60 and 70Hz respectively. After full break-in I'll change them to 60 and 80Hz.

Of course you must have a sub...

I port plugged all three of my Chane fronts as they are close to a wall at their rear. 2 to 3 ft clearance from all major "boundries" is recommended.
          Hmm yeah I was expecting something like 50Hz for the A3rx-c... but Audyssey gave me 100Hz instead :(

Comment

I've got 50 ha for my A3's changed them to 80s.

Comment

Hmm yeah I was expecting something like 50Hz for the A3rx-c... but Audyssey gave me 100Hz instead :(
              I would run it again and make sure. Audyssey recommends you can raise your crossover but not to lower it. If you still have that high of a setting you could ask Chris about a possible solution here...https://audyssey.zendesk.com/entries...ngs-for-MultEQ

Comment

Originally posted by TopCat View Post
                I would run it again and make sure. Audyssey recommends you can raise your crossover but not to lower it. If you still have that high of a setting you could ask Chris about a possible solution here...https://audyssey.zendesk.com/entries...ngs-for-MultEQ
                Ok i will run it again tonight when I get home. I will also want to plug center and one of the fronts since there's like 4-10 inches of room behind them, but if Audyssey is already setting the xover at 100hz I dunno if i want to plug the fronts.

Comment

haha man, I ran the config three times tonight and all three times it set the fronts to 110mhz!!! I give up. I'll leave it like this and see if things sound good to my ears.

Comment

I'm just spitballin' here, but...
                    check the wiring to the speakers (black to black, red to red).

110hz crossover from the mains to the sub is not good. And manually lowering the crossover below Audyssey's set point will result in those frequencies not being EQ'd.
                    Last edited by gdstupak; 04-14-2015, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gdstupak View Post
                      I'm just spitballin' here, but...
                      check the wiring to the speakers (black to black, red to red).

110hz crossover from the mains to the sub is not good. And manually lowering the crossover below Audyssey's set point will result in those frequencies not being EQ'd.

Yeah, maybe it would be best just to turn Audyssey off. Another thought: try another mic.

Comment

Working...
                      X