Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advise on Sub

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Advise on Sub

    Hi, I ma planning a 5.1 system...configuration is 2 A5rx-c (LR), 1 A2rx-c(center), 2 A1rx-c (surrounds). Can anyone suggest a good sub for this configuration. Looking at price range of $400-$600. Thanks much in advance for your advise.

  • #2
    I don't have any experience auditioning multiple subwoofers, but I can tell you that in my search for a new setup I narrowed down my search to these five companies before settling on dual PSA subwoofers. I spent many hours searching through AVS and Home theater shack forums. Hopefully someone with more experience can narrow down your choice for you.

    Power Sound Audio
    Rythmik
    HSU
    SVS
    Reaction Audio.

    This may has help as well

    http://www.data-bass.com/data?page=systems&type=0

    Good luck. Enjoy your Chane speakers....they are AMAZING! :D

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by mustangvxd View Post
      I don't have any experience auditioning multiple subwoofers, but I can tell you that in my search for a new setup I narrowed down my search to these five companies before settling on dual PSA subwoofers. I spent many hours searching through AVS and Home theater shack forums. Hopefully someone with more experience can narrow down your choice for you.

      Power Sound Audio
      Rythmik
      HSU
      SVS
      Reaction Audio.

      This may has help as well

      http://www.data-bass.com/data?page=systems&type=0

      Good luck. Enjoy your Chane speakers....they are AMAZING! :D
      I came up with a similar list of subs. I am going to give Hsu first crack because they are 45 minutes from my house and I'm going to make an appointment to audition their products.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by mustangvxd View Post
        I don't have any experience auditioning multiple subwoofers, but I can tell you that in my search for a new setup I narrowed down my search to these five companies before settling on dual PSA subwoofers. I spent many hours searching through AVS and Home theater shack forums. Hopefully someone with more experience can narrow down your choice for you.

        Power Sound Audio
        Rythmik
        HSU
        SVS
        Reaction Audio.

        This may has help as well

        http://www.data-bass.com/data?page=systems&type=0

        Good luck. Enjoy your Chane speakers....they are AMAZING! :D
        Thank you. I also had shortlisted to arrive at the same listExcept Power Sound Audio..the question where do you go from here? I really want something that can complement the A5s

        Comment


        • #5
          I don't know if Chane will be producing a subwoofer, but maybe Mr. Lane can offer some advice of what would compliment his speakers the best. I suppose the other option is to join the official Chane speaker threads of forums and post there for opinions.

          Good luck

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by mustangvxd View Post
            I don't have any experience auditioning multiple subwoofers, but I can tell you that in my search for a new setup I narrowed down my search to these five companies before settling on dual PSA subwoofers. I spent many hours searching through AVS and Home theater shack forums. Hopefully someone with more experience can narrow down your choice for you.

            Power Sound Audio
            Rythmik
            HSU
            SVS
            Reaction Audio.

            This may has help as well

            http://www.data-bass.com/data?page=systems&type=0

            Good luck. Enjoy your Chane speakers....they are AMAZING! :D
            I agree with this list. You are going to have an awesome 5.0 set up, but you will need to increase you subwoofer budget to get something decent.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by GFOviedo View Post
              I agree with this list. You are going to have an awesome 5.0 set up, but you will need to increase you subwoofer budget to get something decent.
              If I were to increase my budget, what suggestion would you have.

              Comment


              • #8
                All the info above is very good. Depending on your taste and room size you may be able to find something in your original budget, but if you have a large or open area to fill and like accurate and agile bass, I think you might have to be nearer the $900 range. While not an owner myself, when you go to HSU, I think the jump to the VTF-15H will be impressive. An audition would be highly advisable, and saving on shipping a plus.

                I started with a low end cylinder sub at SVS, and while adequate, just never put a big smile on my face. For something as high quality as the Arx speakers, I think you would appreciate the matching low end capability.

                Comment


                • #9
                  (and by "Arx" sbdman naturally means Chane...:cool: )

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by sbdman View Post
                    All the info above is very good. Depending on your taste and room size you may be able to find something in your original budget, but if you have a large or open area to fill and like accurate and agile bass, I think you might have to be nearer the $900 range. While not an owner myself, when you go to HSU, I think the jump to the VTF-15H will be impressive. An audition would be highly advisable, and saving on shipping a plus.

                    I started with a low end cylinder sub at SVS, and while adequate, just never put a big smile on my face. For something as high quality as the Arx speakers, I think you would appreciate the matching low end capability.
                    $900 is out of my budget range.

                    My room is a dedicated media room - 16x14x10.

                    I was zeroing on the following two:

                    HSU VTF-2 MK4
                    Rythmik LV12R

                    Thoughts??

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Both excellent choices - you've done your home work. I'd lean to Rythmik for accuracy (music), and HSU for output (HT), but, only a test on data-bass could tell if that's true. Either way, be sure to do the sub crawl test to find the best placement in your room.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by sbdman View Post
                        Both excellent choices - you've done your home work. I'd lean to Rythmik for accuracy (music), and HSU for output (HT), but, only a test on data-bass could tell if that's true. Either way, be sure to do the sub crawl test to find the best placement in your room.
                        Unfortunately there is no data-bass data for these two subs. My use is 70-80% HT...so I guess HSU would be a better option?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The HSU subs offer the ability to tweak the sound with port plugs and amp tuning which I think is a nice plus to have based on your needs and room. Personally I've been using a GoldenEar Forcefield 5 subwoofer for the past year and been very happy with it. It's a relatively compact subwoofer that can hold its own with both music and movies and has respectable output into the low 20s. I managed to get one for around $800. It's a sealed 12" sub with a large passive radiator on the bottom. (review)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by PG1672 View Post
                            $900 is out of my budget range.

                            My room is a dedicated media room - 16x14x10.

                            I was zeroing on the following two:

                            HSU VTF-2 MK4
                            Rythmik LV12R

                            Thoughts??
                            I haven't had the opportunity to hear the VTF-2 but I am quite familiar with the LV12R. For my thoughts on the Rythmik you can check out this link.

                            If you take yourself too seriously, expect me to do the exact opposite

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X