Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice...be happy with sub I have...or get an Outlaw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice...be happy with sub I have...or get an Outlaw?

Some of you might already know, but Outlaw is running 20% off and free shipping on their subs.

My first choice for a new sub back in Oct/Nov was either a Scamp-10 if it came into production very soon or an Outlaw LFM-Compact if I could get a good enough deal to afford one.

Well, we know Scamp is still on hold, and even with Outlaw's black friday special, I couldn't swing the ~$380 for the sub shipped.

So I went ahead with an Acculine Asub so I wouldn't miss out on the sale price, which SUPPOSEDLY was ending soon (yet still hasn't). I like the Asub, and it was a BIG step up from my x-sub.

But now I can get the LFM-Compact for $319 shipped... I don't need it at all, but it's bugging me that now I could actually afford it if I didn't buy the Asub, or if I can sell the Acculine without taking a huge hit.

My question is, am I missing out on a real boost in performance with the LFM-Compact? Or is the difference between the two just not enough to justify the additional cost and the hassle of trying to sell the Asub.

Let this be a lesson...if you have your sights on something...be patient. I had been playing the waiting game for a few months, and got in a hurry to get something; and now I'm already thinking about getting something else, not because I'm not happy with what I have...but what I am thinking about getting MIGHT be better. Terrible...this upgraditis...

I know, isn't that a great deal on the LFM-1 Compact? I am having a hard time not buying it even though I am not ready for my bedroom setup yet. Going to have to hear from someone that has heard both, the specs are pretty close except for the amp. :)

Comment

Definitely a good deal...

The question is...should I bite on it?

Any more thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by alphaiii
        Definitely a good deal...

The question is...should I bite on it?

Any more thoughts?
        You should bite. I just ordered one for my 3rd floor apartment. Going to use it mostly for music and hoping not to piss off the neighbors too badly during movies.
        Selah MF7 L/C/R | ELT525 Surrounds | Outlaw LFM-1C Sub | 42" plasma | Wii/Xbox360/PS3 | HK AVR-247

Comment

Originally posted by kip
          You should bite. I just ordered one for my 3rd floor apartment. Going to use it mostly for music and hoping not to piss off the neighbors too badly during movies.
          You are going to like it. The LFM-1 Compact is an excellant sub for apartment living. It's a good looking sub that can fill a modest room with deep, articulate bass. :thumbsup:

Comment

Is the deal still going on? How does it compare to the Scamp-10 [prototype]?

Comment

Originally posted by moseboy
              Is the deal still going on? How does it compare to the Scamp-10 [prototype]?
              AFAIK, the deal is over. :hissyfit:

Comment

Working...
              X