Well... here they are!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well... here they are!!!

The are still in their boxes and not opened. I will let them stay like this untill the trims, doors and baseboards go in. I dont want anything to get damaged before I start playing with them.

As to why I went with CHT.... it comes down to value for the money and customer service to me. Anytime I had a question Craig was right there to answer and to give advice. He did not ever put down the other company and thats what I really liked. Peter from HSU was the same way but again it came down to value for the $$$$.
    Once I get them all unpacked and setup I will post pics of the finish and my thought about the sound. For now however, my wife thinks we got two bar fridges lol :)

Very Nice! :applause: Based on your thread over at AVS, I really thought you had chosen the other guys. As you unpack and set them up, please keep the photos coming.
    Jack

Comment

Tom - A guy can get beaten up around here for telling people the subs are here, but you can't see them. :biglaugh:

Comment

Originally posted by craigsub
        Tom - A guy can get beaten up around here for telling people the subs are here, but you can't see them. :biglaugh:
        :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: :biglaugh::biglaugh:
        engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.

Comment

Very nice, congrats! Now get those babies unboxed!!

Comment

Congrats on the new subs! :applause:

I look forward to reading your utterly meaningless, graph- and professional review-free thoughts and comments on them. :D

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS! :woo:

Comment

crazyravr, you had me completely convinced you went with Hsu! I had to do a double take when I saw this thread. I hope you have tough skin.

When you get those big boys powered up, I think you'll be able to put all your questions about performance and sq to rest. Looking forward to hearing from another VS user - this will be enjoyable!

Just remember to check the PEQ gain is on zero, and since 18" woofers move less than 3/4 (~69%) the throw of a 15", it takes a little longer to break in the new drivers. You'll start to hear a great sound get better in a month or two.

Comment

Happy New Years, guys! There was mention made on AVS about the look of the boxes. Two things on this:

1. Tom and I met, and I personally delivered the subs to him. The boxes were not that big a deal, as they were not in the hands of truckers.

2. When we do ship the units, they look like this:

Again, nothing fancy (we have a lot of these boxes that don't say "Chase Home Theater" on them - when we do the next run of boxes, they will have more of our look), but quite functional.

I did not want people to get the impression that we would ship them without good protection.

Comment

I think you're shipping them stealth just in case FPB works as a delivery truck driver.

Comment

Originally posted by TooManyToys
                      I think you're shipping them stealth just in case FPB works as a delivery truck driver.
                      :biglaugh:

Comment

Originally posted by craigsub
                        Happy New Years, guys! There was mention made on AVS about the look of the boxes. Two things on this:

1. Tom and I met, and I personally delivered the subs to him. The boxes were not that big a deal, as they were not in the hands of truckers.

2. When we do ship the units, they look like this:

Again, nothing fancy (we have a lot of these boxes that don't say "Chase Home Theater" on them - when we do the next run of boxes, they will have more of our look), but quite functional.

I did not want people to get the impression that we would ship them without good protection.
                        That picture looks oddly familiar to me... :peeping:

Comment

Hey Tom, congrats! If you need any help with anything don't hesitate to give me a shout. I can bring my Omnimic over to help with setup. In the mean time, set them up, rack up some hours on them, and enjoy!

Comment

Thank you guys. They will stay in boxes a few more days while the construction goes on. I dont want any accidents to happen ;) while the trim is being installed. When its all done I will post pics of all the equipment that will go into the HT room (its now all piled in a spare bedroom for now).

Comment

Well, I could have helped you out with driver break in.*

*Note to future VS-18.1 buyers in my locale.
                              :smoke1:

Comment

Working...
                              X