No announcement yet.

TAD subs on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got one for about $100 with the 30% MSLive Cashback - really enjoying it at work. Blends very well with the mains and you don't even notice it, except that you now hear the full bass.

Much happier experience with it than the ULW-10's, which still don't have a fix announced for the helicopter noises - after waiting almost a year. And it only took about 3 or 4 days to get the TAD. May not be as good as a properly functioning ULW, but not sure how much longer I'll have to wait for ULW fixes in order to make that comparison.

Jim C

Comment

Originally posted by wje
      For those that got one of these for $139 (shipped), you've done well. The price is now back up to $279 (shipped).
      Back for $139 shipped on his website. I may get one of these after all.
      http://www.angelfire.com/biz/bizzyb/on_sale.html

Comment

for the money I doubt you'll find anything better, but I wouldn't call this a musical sub. It is rather bloated and boomy. Also, the gain has to be turned up to about 9 o'clock before any output

Comment

I ordered one last night and he sent along a tracking number today. Figured this should hold me over till I get a couple of MFW's, Sasquatch, BMF et all. I also have an order for a 5.0 set of ELTs from Marks latest offer.

Thanks to Don for pointing me in the right direction.

I'll post my impressions when I get it but I know I'm going to need a new preamp and amp here soon. I'm still using an original DD receiver that's lasted me about 10 years now. :nervous:
          "Arguing on the internet is like trying to make sense out of Bupkiss. You just end up looking foolish". ---Craigsub 04.21.2009

Comment

Kevin, I'll be waiting for your review. I've been looking at the AE sub, but just can't find enough detailed feedback to convince me yet. I was almost there until the "bloated and boomy" report. :confused: Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by seventy1
              Kevin, I'll be waiting for your review. I've been looking at the AE sub, but just can't find enough detailed feedback to convince me yet. I was almost there until the "bloated and boomy" report. :confused: Thanks!
              Will do!

I just ordered a Onkyo 606 (till the emo preamp is launched and bugs worked out) so I'll be able to listen to some Dolby TrueHD. I also ordered the Dave Matthews and John Mayer Blu-Rays. I'm looking forward to putting it to the test and from what it looks like it will be here on Thurs. :huge:

Now if I only could get AV123 to give me a tracking I'd be happy. :)
              "Arguing on the internet is like trying to make sense out of Bupkiss. You just end up looking foolish". ---Craigsub 04.21.2009

Comment

Well I got my TAD and my ELT's all hooked up to an Onk 606 (for the time being) and so far so good. The sub seems to perform much better musically then in home theater duty but I am still playing around with it. I've watched the Dave Matthews Blu-Ray and I actually got chills, the system sounded that good. Got the GF coming over to watch the John Mayer show tonight. Still breaking everything in but the little ELT's sound wonderful so far and now I'm thinking about LS's.. :)

Comment

Well it turns out I couldn't wait. Mine arrived on Thursday. I'm still getting it set up and sorted out. I'm using it w/ a 2 channel amp to suppliment my bookshelfs and I haven't had a chance to get the filter right. But so far, I'm pleased. It is a handsome piece, looks much more $$ than it costs.

Even so, there isn't a WAF high enough to keep it in plain view. It's hidden in a corner behind the entertainment cabinet. Any suggestions on how I can minimize boom, improve attenuation with a corner placement? Put foam next to the wall in the corner, stuff the port?

Comment

Tweak the frequency adjustment knob and don't raise the volume more than 1/2 way...

Comment

Working...
                    X