Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirror mirror on the wall

Who has the most base of all?

Possibly me, CH 18.T up front and an 18.2 directly behind my seating area (unless I find a better place).

Originally posted by Dr_jitsu

Possibly me, CH 18.T up front and an 18.2 directly behind my seating area (unless I find a better place).
    That is 4 18's, there are many with 4 18's but it is about the size of the room. With the cs 18.2 nearfield it can produce over 122db's of clean output by itself so hold on! I was hitting over 126 db's from 14 feet away myself

Comment

Don't you have some boxes that need packaging?:biglaugh:

Comment

Don't you have some boxes that need packaging?:biglaugh:
        I don't have them yet.

Comment

Thirteen 15's and 5 18's. My speakers will actually drown out my subs unless I scale them back.
          I came, I saw, I purchased.

Comment

hmm, speaker wise I have, 2 Klipsch RF 7 mains, one rc 64 center, 2 rf 82 wides, 2 rf 52 rear wides and 2 rb 51 surrounds/backs.

Comment

hmm, speaker wise I have, 2 Klipsch RF 7 mains, one rc 64 center, 2 rf 82 wides, 2 rf 52 rear wides and 2 rb 51 surrounds/backs.
              Many people with these types of large subs are running pro speakers with output of 120db plus. If you are pairing your subs with smaller bookshelf type speakers and "one" pair of midsize speakers as mains while depending on your subs to do all the heavy lifting bass wise, you've already loss the bass war before you got started.

Comment

You consider 90 lb RF 7's mid size? and 82's "Small Bookshelf" ?

What kind of books are you reading? My RF 7's will run you out of the room.

As far as bass, I know others have more than 4 18's, I am just having some fun.

Comment

Originally posted by diamonddelts
                  Many people with these types of large subs are running pro speakers with output of 120db plus. If you are pairing your subs with smaller bookshelf type speakers and "one" pair of midsize speakers as mains while depending on your subs to do all the heavy lifting bass wise, you've already loss the bass war before you got started.
                  Yeah, I think DD has quite the driver surface area. Probably more than most anyone on these forums.
                  -Greg

Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

HO's Basement Take 2

Comment

You consider 90 lb RF 7's mid size? and 82's "Small Bookshelf" ?

What kind of books are you reading? My RF 7's will run you out of the room.

As far as bass, I know others have more than 4 18's, I am just having some fun.
                    I don't know anything about your Klipsch speakers. Sorry if you thought I was picking out your system. My comments were not meant to be taken that way.

I was speaking in general. I have always been a Klipsch fan when I was strictly a home speaker buff. But when someone hears a good set of pro speakers up front and personal, it will definitely make anyone re-evaluate their definition of what loud, pulse pounding mid bass is.

My pro monitor which I use as a center speaker will easily drown out every sub and speaker in my room if don't scale it back drastically. And that's just one single driver pro speaker(floor monitor). Pro speakers are monsters if powered correctly with the right amp. They bring a whole new level of LOUD to the table.

When people start using equipment that can easily fill up a large church, club, or outdoor venue with sound, any large room in a home is child's play. There's just no comparison from the home market in terms of sheer spl for the dollar in my opinion. That's the best way I can put it.

Comment

Its all good, my friend. Was just wondering how to get a 66 lb, 4 feet high, 17 inch deep speaker (my RF 82's which function as my wides) on a book shelf.

Comment

The RF 7's put out 101dB @ 2.83V / 1m.

Comment

The RF 7's put out 101dB @ 2.83V / 1m.
                          :eek:

Comment

Originally posted by diamonddelts
                            I have been using smaller stand mount speakers w/subs for many years, there are many advantages to doing so. It is not perfect for all situations, you just have to determine what your goals are and pick your compromises. I am a 2 channel guy, so that is what works best in my situation. :)

I am thinking about trying full range mains up front, which will allow me to move my CS-18.T's to the back of the room for a Welti multi sub setup, or randomly scatter them around for a Geddes/LeJeune setup. Actually, I could probably do this now, as my little mains are only 3 dB down at 31.5 Hz at the LP. :eek:

Comment

Tesser,

Do you have 1 18.T, or 2?

Comment

Working...
                              X