Sub "Value" help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub "Value" help

Any advice on which is a better sub "value" for HT use?

Polk Micro PRO 3000 refurb for approx $450 delivered from ebay store or the SVS PB12-NSD $650 delivered?

I have read many of the forums and struggle with the size and look of the HSU, SVS, eD etc. The Polk is nice looking and small. Will I really be missing a lot vs the much more recommended ID products?

Watch movies and sports, some not a lot of music 90/10

room is 27x16
    Pioneer vsx 23
    polk tsi400 fronts
    tsi200 rear
    cs20 center

Well, basing your decision on bass performance, the SVS is a no brainer.

I'm not sure why you would base a decision on appearance rather than bass performance (it IS a subwoofer after all :biglaugh:), but if that is your criteria, the Polk (or any other good looking sub) apparently has the lead in your race.
    Ray

Comment

If it was me, I would just hold off a little while longer, so I could get a very solid performer, also with a relatively small form factor, like the soon to be released :D CS10-2. :poke: At $500. delivered, it SHOULD be on your list!! :yes: From what the participants of the GTG reported, I would be willing to bet, that will be your best "Value" that meet's your criteria.
      music soothes my soul :goodvibes:.having good sound is my passion !:D

Comment

Originally posted by crazyeddie
        If it was me, I would just hold off a little while longer, so I could get a very solid performer, also with a relatively small form factor, like the soon to be released :D CS10-2. :poke: At $500. delivered, it SHOULD be on your list!! :yes: From what the participants of the GTG reported, I would be willing to bet, that will be your best "Value" that meet's your criteria.
        That's actually what I WANTED to say. :applause:
        Ray

Comment

Any idea when the CS10-2 will be available?

Comment

The CS-10.2 should be available for ordertaking AND shipping mid/late December. We'll post it on the website and in the forum.
            Ray

Comment

I can wait a few weeks, but probably will won't wait till after the holidays, not patient enough.

Thanks for you help.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray3
                That's actually what I WANTED to say. :applause:
                Then say it - dammit!
                There's a fine line between gardening and Madness.
                -Cliff Clavin

Comment

Buy a few cheap Polk or Dayton subs....use them together.
                  "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."

-Bill Watterson

Comment

Yea, better wait for the CS10.2 to become available. I've not heard (or seen) a Polk subwoofer that I was impressed with yet (not that I've seen/heard all of them). Most of the ones I've seen/heard are at Fry's and they all sound boomy.
                    PhenomeNhan Audio Video

Your authorized ONIX dealer for the Great States of Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, and Florida.!
                    [email protected]

Comment

For almost all movies/sports, if you're looking for small, pretty, and hits like a truck, the Sunfire True Subwoofers and the Super Jr. are hard to beat if you need something now. I think you can get the Super Jr. or an earlier revision of the TS line for that ballpark price-wise.

Otherwise, wasn't there a super deal on a piano finish 10" sub floating around the internet a while back (something like $200 each shipped)? Might be a good pick to have now, move to another small system later, and give you some more time to shop around to get exactly what you're after?

Comment

I think it was Newegg that had a Polk sub for like $100...it wasn't high powered, but I wonder how well four of those would work.
                        "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."

-Bill Watterson

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathon Janusz
                          Otherwise, wasn't there a super deal on a piano finish 10" sub floating around the internet a while back (something like $200 each shipped)? Might be a good pick to have now, move to another small system later, and give you some more time to shop around to get exactly what you're after?
                          Those are all gone. TAD Aural Ectasy 10"

Comment

I posted a comparison of small (10" and under drivers) subwoofers for people looking for office or other application subwoofers.

Link

Post #1 PDF link

Mike
                            HT Gear (AVS Link)
                            Rk: MA WR-37-32
                            Pwr: 20A, Surge-X SEQ, M1500-UPS
                            Proj: JVC RS20, 128" 2.4:1 CaradaBW, ISCOIIIL, CineSlide, RadianceXE
                            Cbl: DirectTV C31/700 Genie receiver
                            Rec: 5308CI + XPA-3
                            BR: Oppo BDP-103
                            Gm: 360 Pro
                            LR/C: RS1KSig/RSC200Sig
                            S/R: RSS300/RS250MkII
                            Sub: SVS PB12-Ultra/2
                            Off: HRT MS DAC, USP-1, UPA-2, ERC-1, Ultra10, WAF-1 Ninja+No-Rez
                            Off2: Gizmo, WAF-1
                            TCA: 3x Gizmo 1.0or,5x v1.0M; 5xWAF-1

Comment

Working...
                            X