Outdoor Subwoofer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outdoor Subwoofer?

I'm getting close to completing a deck off the back of my house. I'm thinking of having the capability of showing movies outside from time to time. Nothing too fancy - just a simple pull up screen and a modest projector. I would like to have some decent sound for this endeavor as well.

The sub would not be used often, and does not have to be the best, musically. It would ocassionally be used for music at parties and for the sporadic movie showing. Something that would shake a little bit, but could still be left outside.

Suggestions?

I took my old JBL 12 in 100 watt sub and threw casters under it...it does double duty as my garage sub, and I can roll it out to the patio for 2.1 music outdoors..

Sounds pretty good with a brick wall behind it....

Comment

Originally posted by auge.dog
      I'm getting close to completing a deck off the back of my house. I'm thinking of having the capability of showing movies outside from time to time. Nothing too fancy - just a simple pull up screen and a modest projector. I would like to have some decent sound for this endeavor as well.

The sub would not be used often, and does not have to be the best, musically. It would ocassionally be used for music at parties and for the sporadic movie showing. Something that would shake a little bit, but could still be left outside.

Suggestions?
      Thank you auge.dog, as you just prompted an interesting idea as a implementation of a few designs I had on the shelf from long ago...

:stirthepot:

:D

Comment

Mark, I'll be happy to be your Beta Tester for any of your concoctions. :thumbsup: I know there would be many of us interested in what you may have in the works.

Comment

Hopefully Mark has something for you....

If not, Rockustics is the company my cousin uses for his custom work if a client needs something outdoor.

Some of their stuff is quite pricey, but it looks like they have some more affordable options as well.
          Never Argue With An idiot. They'll Lower You To Their Level And Then Beat You With Experience!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
            Hopefully Mark has something for you....

If not, Rockustics is the company my cousin uses for his custom work if a client needs something outdoor.

Some of their stuff is quite pricey, but it looks like they have some more affordable options as well.

Not bad I guess but is 45hz and UP a true sub? :no clue:

Comment

Originally posted by theelviscerator
              Not bad I guess but is 45hz and UP a true sub? :no clue:
              Just noticed that the smaller one doesn't seem to extend too low....The biggest one only claims 30 hz.

I didn't go hear the sub he installed, nor have I had a chance to talk to him to see how it heard.

I bet Mark will have something more affordable, and better performing
              Never Argue With An idiot. They'll Lower You To Their Level And Then Beat You With Experience!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason

I bet Mark will have something more affordable, and better performing
                Talk about over stating the obvious:stirthepot:
                Kevin
                Motor City Custom Audio
                Your Onix and MELODY Dealer for MI,IN,IL,MO,IA,MN,WI and Canada
                Bringing you Chopped/Cut/Modified Subwoofer Kits and even Flames if you want

Comment

Suggestions?
                  Any updates?

Mike
                  HT Gear (AVS Link)
                  Rk: MA WR-37-32
                  Pwr: 20A, Surge-X SEQ, M1500-UPS
                  Proj: JVC RS20, 128" 2.4:1 CaradaBW, ISCOIIIL, CineSlide, RadianceXE
                  Cbl: DirectTV C31/700 Genie receiver
                  Rec: 5308CI + XPA-3
                  BR: Oppo BDP-103
                  Gm: 360 Pro
                  LR/C: RS1KSig/RSC200Sig
                  S/R: RSS300/RS250MkII
                  Sub: SVS PB12-Ultra/2
                  Off: HRT MS DAC, USP-1, UPA-2, ERC-1, Ultra10, WAF-1 Ninja+No-Rez
                  Off2: Gizmo, WAF-1
                  TCA: 3x Gizmo 1.0or,5x v1.0M; 5xWAF-1

Comment

No, not really. I've checked out all the recs, and some others, and they are all way more than I want to spend. It is certainly nothing that I have to get now. I'm willing to wait to see what Mark Seaton has to offer. In the meantime, I may just get something inexpensive that I can just take outside when needed.

Comment

No, not really. I've checked out all the recs, and some others, and they are all way more than I want to spend. It is certainly nothing that I have to get now. I'm willing to wait to see what Mark Seaton has to offer. In the meantime, I may just get something inexpensive that I can just take outside when needed.
                      Bummer.
                      I haven't been at the Seaton site in a while.
                      Do you know what Mark's timeline is?

Mike
                      HT Gear (AVS Link)

Comment

Seaton Sound Discussion Forum thread

Originally posted by Mike_TX
                        Bummer.
                        I haven't been at the Seaton site in a while.
                        Do you know what Mark's timeline is?

Mike
                        Here is a link to a thread I started at Seaton Sound in February:
                        Link

Here is my new link at AVS (in my HT thread) looking for outdoor speakers:
                        Link

and at Home Theater Spot:
                        Link

Good luck.

Mike
                        HT Gear (AVS Link)

Comment

Hey Guys,

I thanked you for giving me some ideas, I didn't make any statement nor projection of when those would be realized. May be this summer, may be next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Seaton
                            Hey Guys,

I thanked you for giving me some ideas, I didn't make any statement nor projection of when those would be realized. May be this summer, may be next year.
                            Mark -

Thanks.
                            I'm sure we'll all keep an eye out for it.

Mike
                            HT Gear (AVS Link)

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark Seaton
                              Hey Guys,

Hey Mark, I apologize if I implied in any way that you made any sort of projections. As I said, I am perfectly happy to see what you may come up with - whether it is 1 year or 5 years. If you decide against it, that is OK too. I am not expecting anything - but if it happens, then great. In the meantime, I will just pick up something inexpensive, or just move one of my existing subs out there periodically.

Of course, this assumes that we actually set up something as an outdoor viewing option.

Comment

Working...
                              X