• Show
Clear All

• Nice write up on the A1rx-c on Cnet

The $149 Chane A1rx-c speaker is almost too good to be true

http://www.cnet.com/news/the-149-cha...od-to-be-true/

Congrats!
    LCR: Gedlee Abbeys for LR and Nathan for Center Surround & rear 4 x Sho10's
    Subs: 4 x 18.2
    Electronics: Marantz SR7002, Acurus 200x3 (LCR), PS3, HTPC, CDP300, Mits HC1500, Elite Peregrine 2.35 156" Acousticpro4k

Guess I have to take back my words about my link to Steve Guttenberg !

Now that's entering what I consider main stream reviewing. And to do so with such high praise at such an affordable price point should turn many heads!

Thanks for the link! Should have been in their weekly Home Theater and Audio news letter, probably next next week...

Comment

Good find, dguarnaccia.

Steve actually addressed all the concerns of a friend of mine that is interested in the A3rx-c. The ability to disappear, handle power and produce bass sans subwoofer. I passed this review on to him.

Comment

Jon - Congratulations on a great review from Cnet! Our pair of A-1's is the "original" version, and we love them. It's no surprise that Cnet, which is used to testing "normal" $150 speakers, finds the A1rx-c to be "too good to be true". :)

Comment

It's always nice to get a positive report like Steve's; even nicer to find the reviewer listening to music more than speaker.

Thanks for the kind words, Craig, and for everyone else, it's this kind of sonic effect we're striving for across the spectrum, subwoofers definitely included. I had a call from a Chane 3600 amplifier user last week who confirmed just how authoritatively it drives his quad of 18" subs.

"Black box" audio just works.

Comment

Originally posted by tesseract View Post
            Steve actually addressed all the concerns of a friend of mine that is interested in the A3rx-c. The ability to disappear, handle power and produce bass sans subwoofer. I passed this review on to him.
            The 1 sounds most like the 3 and vice versa. The 3 just has substantially more power and presence.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Lane View Post
              The 1 sounds most like the 3 and vice versa. The 3 just has substantially more power and presence.
              Yes, this is what I told my friend, who is more interested in a floorstander. The mini review has piqued his interest. I have been trying to talk him into a direct comparison with his newly purchased Infinity Primus 363 (which has impressed him with their bass ability, but disappoints in the treble) towers. I'll send him Buford's A3 excursion video, that should put him over the edge, heh.

Comment

Originally posted by sbdman View Post
                Now that's entering what I consider main stream reviewing. And to do so with such high praise at such an affordable price point should turn many heads!
                Hey wait a minute, you mean my review is not considered mainstream??? :) I scooped his 'discovery' by almost 2 years. Who woulda thunk it.

And before anyone says it... yes, I know I'm not mainstream. I'm sort of the Arx of reviewers; not much to look at, but I do have a nice personality. :p

BTW, guess what I'm listening to at this very minute? If you said the rx-c's you win a prize! Next question; guess what my November review will be?

If you take yourself too seriously, expect me to do the exact opposite

Comment

I've been following Cnet since the mid 90s. I thought Steve Guttenberg had been there longer, but see he joined them in 2007. Cnet has been quite the growing presense, with off shoots of download.com, news.com, tv.com and others, and now owned by CBS. I check their reviews.cnet.com on many a purchase of electronics, cameras, computers, tvs, and to some degree audio equipment, with the latter being a bit incomplete quantitatively and qualitatively. Steve seems to attend all the big electronics shows, and I'd guess audio reviews are one of his main income sources.

For extensive review and testing, I much prefer your write-ups, but Steve might have the bigger common (read not quite as demanding) audience and has the potential to send more people looking at the ARX line. Maybe even more than HTS. It's obvious that your reviews take much more time and thought than what Cnet presents.

Comment

Originally posted by theJman View Post
                    Hey wait a minute, you mean my review is not considered mainstream??? :) I scooped his 'discovery' by almost 2 years. Who woulda thunk it.

And before anyone says it... yes, I know I'm not mainstream. I'm sort of the Arx of reviewers; not much to look at, but I do have a nice personality. :p

BTW, guess what I'm listening to at this very minute? If you said the rx-c's you win a prize! Next question; guess what my November review will be?
                    Jim, your content is consistently where folks can get to the finer points of a product's personality. I especially like your copious references to the sound of the music through the gear more than that of the gear itself.

There's plenty of review content about products that make pretty treble noises or big bass noise, but personally I always look for the reports that deal in just how connected one can get to the original recording.

We're really looking forward to your impressions on the new rx-c generation. I hope we got it right!

Comment

Working...
                    X