No announcement yet.

Chane 752 MTM Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTJ how did the 2 752s sound compared to your 3 a2.4s with movie's and tv? I'm considering the 752 instead of 3 a2.4s

Comment

Originally posted by Mrx1929 View Post
      BTJ how did the 2 752s sound compared to your 3 a2.4s with movie's and tv? I'm considering the 752 instead of 3 a2.4s
      From my review:

”In comparing it to the A2.4 (or any of the A series models as they are pretty homogeneous at this '.5' stage of tuning), it's better. In technical terms, it's actually ome of the flattest on-axis designs Jon has yet made, but that's got nothing to do with why it sounds better (kinda gilding the lily at this point).

Blacker backgrounds bring forth smoother and yet even more detailed mids and highs. This effortless sense of dynamic reserves and a simply cavernous sense of space, but the stratification of sonic sources within that space is actually very good as well. Jon's been making great imaging for a long time now. But this is the next step. The sense of looking down a hallway....often like peering into a cathedral...is repeated and shocking. Obviously, not on every song and this is highly dependent upon the resolving power of your system. I don't mean to sound like an elitist, but I wouldn't expect this via a lowly AVR. Not everything sounds the same. Not up for debate.

Back to the 752's. This ultra-black background is such a contrast to the A Series, and most other speakers you've heard, that it nearly sounds as if the spectral tilt isn't quite right....as if they are too dark. But they're not; they're flat on-axis. I would guess that the distortion is just below a certain threshold at virtually any normal level that they only seem that way. However, what this really worked out to mean was that you could listen to these at really insane SPLs, for absurdly long periods of time, without ANY fatigue. At all. None. You never felt like you were wanting for detail. I certainly didn't.”

Comment

BTJ

PLEASE FEED THE L CROWD

We want to hear your review to help us through our waiting. Your thoughts on anything L as you may be the only one other than Jon to listen to them.

Comment

Working...
        X