X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chane M&C
    replied
    Originally posted by Meander View Post
    Do you have any strong opinion regarding the use of L3 vs L3c as surrounds for a L7/L6 front end?
    I'll do my best. Can you describe the system and environment?

Leave a comment:

• Meander
    replied
    Jon,

Do you have any strong opinion regarding the use of L3 vs L3c as surrounds for a L7/L6 front end?

Leave a comment:

• Chane M&C
    replied
    Originally posted by Spidacat View Post
    I didn't try to purchase, and it's probably a mistake, but the L6 page says they're in stock?
    Thanks, Spidacat. Pls refresh to correct the page. L6 is being held until we have L7 ready.

Leave a comment:

• Spidacat
    replied
    I didn't try to purchase, and it's probably a mistake, but the L6 page says they're in stock?

Leave a comment:

• Chane M&C
    replied
    Folks,

We have a pair of B-stock L3c. I'll post here first and if no takers, put them in the Hot Deals section later. If interested, please email.

Leave a comment:

• Chane M&C
    replied
    Originally posted by 1st Time Caller View Post
    Ohhh Exciting What color Jon? Any chance a rosewood or cherry?
    We'll make anything that sits will with the majority. Currently that's walnut followed by black, but I think something in a rosenut or palisander ballpark would be a popular option too.

Here's a low-res rendering of walnut with gloss black front board. Just a render of a simulated unit, but it goes in the general direction. Cones are just stock grey and are not the actual drivers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	web.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	117603

Leave a comment:

• 1st Time Caller
    replied
    Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post

Not yet. We're pulling together some final steps first.

Got the first renderings of the deluxe cabinets overnight. Not ready for prime time but very pretty.
    Ohhh Exciting What color Jon? Any chance a rosewood or cherry?

Leave a comment:

• Chane M&C
    replied
    I hope to share some renderings of the three small models soon. They involve the 5.25" and 4.5" driver classes. Knowing what we do about the L's in general, I expect the three to be in the top tier of anything remotely near their price ranges.

We have reports that in direct comparisons to four and five figure boxes driven by top amplification, the 6.5" L class is already way over its price expectation. Given how attractive smaller 5.25" class speakers are all over the market, the three small L models in the premium finish should be highly competitive too.

Leave a comment:

• Ehill
    replied
    I’ve got my new speaker stands filled with sand and some new 4s11 Canare cables with Furez spades already soldered up ready to be hooked up to some new Chane L3C’s 😀👍🏻.

Can’t wait.....!!!!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Chane M&C
    replied
    Originally posted by Ehill View Post
    Has there been a sign up list established for the black ash version of the L series?
    Not yet. We're pulling together some final steps first.

Got the first renderings of the deluxe cabinets overnight. Not ready for prime time but very pretty.

Leave a comment:

• Ehill
    replied
    Hi Jon,

Has there been a sign up list established for the black ash version of the L series?

Many thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Chane M&C
    replied
    Originally posted by Mtmpenn View Post
    Measurements can certainly provide some insights into how a speaker will perform and I would certainly hope that measurements were used in the design of the speaker, even if the final tweak was by ear or toward some target curve that is not totally “flat.”

In a weird way, I would probably appreciate a simple: “we don’t want to share our measurements” more than a discussion on the mysteries of perception.

In fact, the mystery of perception is exactly why measurements are useful. Your brain is devious and will trick you into all kinds incorrect conclusions if you don’t keep it honest!
    Not to disagree, Mtmpenn, but I'm afraid that while a device may measure well - we always start there - you can hear what the mike cannot. You also have to interpret the data.

Those two facts mitigate against both insight from data and data as an unbiased tool. Every time we view data to gauge quality - especially simple amplitude - what we think constitutes acceptability colors our assessment. At the same time we can't hear by the data the many things that actually exist in the sound.

Ironically, it's that perception that mitigates against data bias and data marketing, and that is probably why it's not universal, or even in the majority.

To get to good sound we'll happily deviate from what an armchair assessment may conclude looks like good sound. Fortunately, listening solves everything.

Leave a comment:

• Torque
    replied
    I could care less about measurements. Get a Canadian distributor. :)
    Seriously though, it's unfortunate that logistics aren't favorable to a home listening period, etc.
    But, that would just lead to higher costs as well. It's not truly a free perk for companies that offer it.
    I took a leap of faith on the A series and love them.
    My dilemma is exchange rate and shipping, which is not in Jon's control.

Leave a comment:

• Mtmpenn
    replied
    All this seems a bit extreme. Measurements are flawed. Agreed.

At the same time this is not a total white space.

Measurements can certainly provide some insights into how a speaker will perform and I would certainly hope that measurements were used in the design of the speaker, even if the final tweak was by ear or toward some target curve that is not totally “flat.”

In a weird way, I would probably appreciate a simple: “we don’t want to share our measurements” more than a discussion on the mysteries of perception.

In fact, the mystery of perception is exactly why measurements are useful. Your brain is devious and will trick you into all kinds incorrect conclusions if you don’t keep it honest!

Leave a comment:

• BufordTJustice
    replied
    Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post
    Footnote: It's much easier to build a speaker to the mike, publish, and ship it. Easier and probably, more profitable.
    I think you should devise a standard of measurement, then build most of your speakers to that standard, and then declare them the best speakers in the world and that anybody else who makes speakers is akchewally making snake oil containers unless they’re exactly like yours.

That’s the plan. I feel like it will work.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X