X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Time Caller
    replied
    Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post
    Quick update: We're still dealing with a couple last minute supply hiccups. We hadn't seen any Covid-related slowing back in March - when I remarked on that on Twitter - but since then the US driver importer for the Ls lost a whole month. Our carton supplier did too, and both are local to the plant where we're building these models.

I'd planned to add pricing to the original posts in both the L and 700 Series posts about 30 days before this. Still working out these last-minute supplies and will post back again ASAP.
    Hi Jon any update? still waiting with great anticipation.

Leave a comment:

• Chane M&C
    replied
    Originally posted by Ehill View Post
    For a comparisions would you say the new 752 series line sounds more like Power Sound Audio “PSA” or the JTR pro sound speakers or more like Klipsch sounding horn speakers?
    [Copied to the 700 series thread and answered there.]

Leave a comment:

• Ehill
    replied

That's a good point. If the MLP is a dozen or so feet back the 752 makes a tremendous LCR system for HT. Toe them to taste, although you'll do that for nearly everything. They'll play louder and they image very well. The Ls deliver more nuance, the 700's more dynamic headroom; just as you'd expect.

Won't cost any more than the L3c either.
    I’m not sure if this is frowned upon in a open forum enviroment.

For a comparisions would you say the new 752 series line sounds more like Power Sound Audio “PSA” or the JTR pro sound speakers or more like Klipsch sounding horn speakers?

It seems like the tweeter is more inline with the PSA.

Or would you say they sound more like a much bigger version of A2.4 Chane speakers.

Thanks for your time very exciting times.

Leave a comment:

• Chane M&C
    replied
    Possibly another contender would be two 752’s in a MTM set up sitting on top of his dual subs.
    That's a good point. If the MLP is a dozen or so feet back the 752 makes a tremendous LCR system for HT. Toe them to taste, although you'll do that for nearly everything. They'll play louder and they image very well. The Ls deliver more nuance, the 700's more dynamic headroom; just as you'd expect.

Won't cost any more than the L3c either.

Leave a comment:

• Ehill
    replied
    Possibly another contender would be two 752’s in a MTM set up sitting on top of his dual subs.

Leave a comment:

• Chane M&C
    replied
    For strictly home theater which would you recommend out of the following?

L3,LC3,L3

A1.5,A2.4,A1.5

LC3,LC3,LC3

A2.4,A2.4,A2.4

He already owns a couple of subs.

His movie room is 15x14x8
    The overriding questions are generally: How loud and what's the budget. For a loud option ("strictly home theater") and if the budget is there, I'd say a pair of A5.5 and an A2.4 center.

If your friend prefers stand speakers over the A5.5 floor speaker, I'd say an all-L3c system is about as immersive as you can get in its market segment, followed closely by the all-A2.4 system. They're variations on one another although for somewhat more cost, the L series delivers what you'd expect from high end SB drivers.

Note that the L3c is a full driver size larger and comes in a proportionally larger cabinet too. The 5.25" in the A's moves to the 6.5" class in all of the first four L's.

In my view, the L3c is as much of an over-achiever in its MTM type as the A2.4 continues to be in its. They are considerably larger than their TM counterparts in the L3 and A1.5.

Leave a comment:

• Ehill
    replied
    Hi Jon,

Quick question from a buddy of mine that is interested in Chane.

His question is that he does 100% home theater and is looking at the smaller footprint Chane line of speakers.

For strictly home theater which would you recommend out of the following?

L3,LC3,L3

A1.5,A2.4,A1.5

LC3,LC3,LC3

A2.4,A2.4,A2.4

He already owns a couple of subs.

His movie room is 15x14x8

Many thanks from Orlando, FL
    Last edited by Ehill; 08-02-2020, 08:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ehill
    replied
    Tweeters looks like the SB Acoustic SB29RDC “ferrite” or the SB29RDCN-C0004 “Neo”

The woofer looks like the SB Acoustic SB17NRXC35.

I could be wrong but either way SB makes some nice gear.

very nice...!
    Last edited by Ehill; 08-02-2020, 08:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ehill
    replied
    Looking forward to the L line of speakers from Chane.

Could you share the SB Acoustics part numbers for the tweeters and woofers for the L3?

Thanks...

Leave a comment:

• Chane M&C
    replied
    Originally posted by Spidacat View Post
    I've noticed a trend lately with some speakers moving back to large woofers. What's the reasoning behind the L7 using four 6.5" midbass drivers as opposed to something like two 8"? Trying to keep the cabinets slim for the average living room space, more economical (cheaper and/or less drivers to keep in stock), better performance, work better in sealed cabinets...? Maybe to keep the "L" line consistent and not make the L6 excessively large? Most of us will use these speakers with subwoofers so we don't really need the bass extension but was curious as to why more "smaller" drivers instead of fewer larger ones.
    The L line is based on the 6.5" midwoofer and won't go to a larger size. The 700 series is based on the 8" woofer. Both will also use smaller drivers for other models but the L line probably won't use anything larger.

The only deciding factor is the typical lifestyle limit.

Leave a comment:

• Spidacat
    replied
    I've noticed a trend lately with some speakers moving back to large woofers. What's the reasoning behind the L7 using four 6.5" midbass drivers as opposed to something like two 8"? Trying to keep the cabinets slim for the average living room space, more economical (cheaper and/or less drivers to keep in stock), better performance, work better in sealed cabinets...? Maybe to keep the "L" line consistent and not make the L6 excessively large? Most of us will use these speakers with subwoofers so we don't really need the bass extension but was curious as to why more "smaller" drivers instead of fewer larger ones.

Leave a comment:

• Chane M&C
    replied
    Just in case three L3c is above my budget will the A2.4’s be back in stock around the time the L3c are released?
    The L's will come out before the A2.4 and A1.5 restock.

Also do you guys allow local pickup in the Tampa area?
    We do, for the As. The Ls and 700s ship from the Midwest.

Leave a comment:

• Ehill
    replied

The A5.5 crossover pic posted in the A Series sub-forum is the grade we use for all models. All Ls and 700's use what is at least standard for a premium product, if not a level above: Solen caps instead of yellow Mylars, perfect wind air coil inductors in low current locations and heavy, A Series-like iron cores on high current locations. The rest is standard fare too; like audio resistors in treble circuits instead of cement boats, and synthetic, through-hole circuit boards.

I don't have 3D CAD for the cabinetry, but it's all braced MDF, typically 18mm except for 25mm baffles on the L6, L7, 753, and 752. If you know how heavy the A5.5 is you know about what we're doing...
    Perfect can’t wait....

Just incase three L3c is above my budget will the A2.4’s be back in stock around the time the L3c are released?

I’ve budgeted $1,200 for a new LCR combo.

Also do you guys allow local pickup in the Tampa area?

Many thanks...

Leave a comment:

• Chane M&C
    replied
    While we’re waiting would you be able to post pictures of the crossover networks on the L3, L3C and the A2.4?

Also could you share any of the CAD drawings or any pics of the internal bracing so the speakers mentioned above?
    👍🏻
    The A5.5 crossover pic posted in the A Series sub-forum is the grade we use for all models. All Ls and 700's use what is at least standard for a premium product, if not a level above: Solen caps instead of yellow Mylars, perfect wind air coil inductors in low current locations and heavy, A Series-like iron cores on high current locations. The rest is standard fare too; like audio resistors in treble circuits instead of cement boats, and synthetic, through-hole circuit boards.

I don't have 3D CAD for the cabinetry, but it's all braced MDF, typically 18mm except for 25mm baffles on the L6, L7, 753, and 752. If you know how heavy the A5.5 is you know about what we're doing...

Leave a comment:

• Ehill
    replied
    While we’re waiting would you be able to post pictures of the crossover networks on the L3, L3C and the A2.4?

Also could you share any of the CAD drawings or any pics of the internal bracing on the speakers mentioned above?
    👍🏻
    Last edited by Ehill; 07-29-2020, 11:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X