Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally posted up my L3 impressions in a review. Hopefully it's helpful if you are on the fence on the L series.

Comment

• Hello Jon,

Are we getting close on the black ash version of the L3c?

Will the sign up sheet for the black ash version be posted on this thread or will it be posted somewhere else on this forum?

Please put me down for two L3C’s in black ash.

I hope all is well I’m sure you guys at Chane are super busy these days.

Many thanks....!!!

Best regards,
      Eric

Comment

• Just registered my intent to buy the L6 center channel. Hopefully shipping to hawaii isn't too crazy. I recently accidentally only had my center channel activated and it took me three hours to figure that out. Made me realize how important the center speaker is. My current center is way cheaper than my front left/right so hopefully the L6 will be a drastic improvement!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ehill View Post
          Hello Jon,

Will the sign up sheet for the black ash version be posted on this thread or will it be posted somewhere else on this forum?

Please put me down for two L3C’s in black ash.

I hope all is well I’m sure you guys at Chane are super busy these days.

Many thanks....!!!

Best regards,
          Eric
          Is anyone monitoring this form or is everyone on AVS?

I asked the above question over week ago and also sent a P.M.

I’m not seeing a ton of activity on this forum but the Chane AVS forum seems to be rocking.

Should I create a profile on the AVS forum and ask the question?

Many thanks....

Comment

Is anyone monitoring this form or is everyone on AVS?
            Owner and developer Jon Lane monitors these Chane Forum boards much more than the AVS board. If you haven't received a response, you can try contacting him directly at the Contact page. Not sure if that's what you meant by PM...

Comment

• Originally posted by jwskud View Post
              Owner and developer Jon Lane monitors these Chane Forum boards much more than the AVS board. If you haven't received a response, you can try contacting him directly at the Contact page. Not sure if that's what you meant by PM...
              I think I’ll just email Jon directly.
              Maybe he’s on vacation in between production runs.

Thanks...

Comment

We're working on that timeline now - nothing to report just yet but they'll be a few months.

Originally posted by Ehill View Post
                We're moving away from sign-ups and toward simpler updating in updated areas like this. The main site may evolve as well, all toward our goal of more models and more timely launches.

As always, we keep nothing from the public when we know it. If we know it, it'll post here and elsewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post

We're working on that timeline now - nothing to report just yet but they'll be a few months.

We're moving away from sign-ups and toward simpler updating in updated areas like this. The main site may evolve as well, all toward our goal of more models and more timely launches.

As always, we keep nothing from the public when we know it. If we know it, it'll post here and elsewhere.

Ok perfect thanks.

I was a little confused I saw your post on the AVS forum along with the usual crowd on this forum also over on the AVS forum and not much movement on this forum.

I didn’t know if we were moving over to the AVS forum since we are in between production runs.

I’ll create a profile on the AVS forum so I can join the growing Chane crowd 👍🏻.

Do you know how many Black Ashe L3C’s will be coming in for this production run?

I’ve been crazy patiently awaiting for this model of L3C’s in this color. I’m just trying to not miss out.

I’m actually very proud of myself. This money is burning a hole sitting in my pocket for so long and on top of that I’ve been speakerless for over a year waiting on these L3C’s so I know you can only imagine how much I really want these Chane speakers.

I haven’t had a listening session in so long. I’ll probably take a week off from work when my new black Ashe L3C’s arrive 😂

Comment

I didn’t know if we were moving over to the AVS forum since we are in between production runs.
                    AVS is an independent site and my policy is not to use it for product announcements. I limit remarks there to a minimum, and product news never.

Do you know how many Black Ashe L3C’s will be coming in for this production run?
                    No, there's a lot of detail to each order and we never know just what's going to happen when. The next run includes up to five new models too, so we have to carefully pick and choose what we make.

...I’ve been speakerless for over a year waiting on these L3C’s so I know you can only imagine how much I really want these Chane speakers.
                    I can offer you the L3 in the current finish while they last, but the L3c in sim. black ash will take time. I wish we could turn production on and off like a faucet but nobody can. The good news is they're quite good (according to some, right out of their class.)

Comment

• Got bored and decided to read the specs page a little closer on the L6 and L7. Why the treated foam surrounds on the midranges? Foam has always been a weak point long term. I'm not sure how much foam for surrounds has changed over the years, but I thought pretty much everyone had gone away from it. I'm sure the treatment helps, hopefully a lot. I read of some of the benefits of foam, but it still makes me a little nervous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spidacat View Post
                        Why the treated foam surrounds on the midranges? Foam has always been a weak point long term. I'm not sure how much foam for surrounds has changed over the years, but I thought pretty much everyone had gone away from it. I'm sure the treatment helps, hopefully a lot. I read of some of the benefits of foam, but it still makes me a little nervous.
                        Just had those lines removed - we're not actually using the foam-edged drivers.

(As for why SB Acoustics makes them, they provide excellent edge damping, and the treatment makes them much better than the old-style foam edges.)

Comment

• Thanks for the clarification Jon. I'm sure if SB Acoustics/Chane was using them there'd be nothing to worry about, but I hadn't seen reference to foam surrounds in a while, not that I've really looked.

Comment

• FYI, my birthday is later this month. A few L series speakers would make a great present to myself! Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more...

Comment

• Jon must be busy, I didn't get a response to my email either asking to reserve an L6.. [email protected] please add me to the list I don't want to miss out!

Comment

• Could someone let me know what would be the sound differences between my old JBL Studio 230 that I sold over a year ago to fund my new L3C’s in black Ashe.

Any thoughts of the sound characteristics would be between these two speakers?

The 230’s played plenty loud for me will the L3C’s play just as loud?

https://www.jbl.com/STUDIO230BK.html

The L3 has 20 liter of internal volume how much internal volume does the L3c have?

Thanks for as much detail you can provide I’m bored waiting for my L3C’s and just waiting for the Super Bowl to start.

Go Bucs....!!!!
                                Last edited by Ehill; 02-07-2021, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X