This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1st Time Caller View Post
    Ohhh Exciting What color Jon? Any chance a rosewood or cherry?
    We'll make anything that sits will with the majority. Currently that's walnut followed by black, but I think something in a rosenut or palisander ballpark would be a popular option too.

Here's a low-res rendering of walnut with gloss black front board. Just a render of a simulated unit, but it goes in the general direction. Cones are just stock grey and are not the actual drivers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	web.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	117603

Comment

• Folks,

We have a pair of B-stock L3c. I'll post here first and if no takers, put them in the Hot Deals section later. If interested, please email.

Comment

• I didn't try to purchase, and it's probably a mistake, but the L6 page says they're in stock?

Comment

• Originally posted by Spidacat View Post
          I didn't try to purchase, and it's probably a mistake, but the L6 page says they're in stock?
          Thanks, Spidacat. Pls refresh to correct the page. L6 is being held until we have L7 ready.

Comment

• Jon,

Do you have any strong opinion regarding the use of L3 vs L3c as surrounds for a L7/L6 front end?

Comment

• Originally posted by Meander View Post
              Do you have any strong opinion regarding the use of L3 vs L3c as surrounds for a L7/L6 front end?
              I'll do my best. Can you describe the system and environment?

Comment

• Any updates on weights of the L7 models for the website? Looks like all are still blank under specifications.

Comment

• L series concept in premium piano black.

Click image for larger version

Name:	L piano detail.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	117645

Comment

• Those piano black look very nice. But I have to say, I was originally going to wait on the black ash since that is just what I was used to and "matched". However, after some thought and a little bit of impatience, I went ahead and decided to go with three L3c across the front in the wood-look vinyl (switched from my A2rx center and A5rx LR). I really like the look and how it added a break in my all black setup. They look really good on the Monoprice black stands. And how they sound...my review is WOW! I am loving them and am hearing stuff in my music that I haven't noticed or heard before and I know they haven't even broken in fully yet. Jon has done an outstanding job with the L3c and BTJ is right about not missing the 3-way towers I had. This play BIG.

Comment

• Originally posted by shackz71 View Post
                      Those piano black look very nice. But I have to say, I was originally going to wait on the black ash since that is just what I was used to and "matched". However, after some thought and a little bit of impatience, I went ahead and decided to go with three L3c across the front in the wood-look vinyl (switched from my A2rx center and A5rx LR). I really like the look and how it added a break in my all black setup. They look really good on the Monoprice black stands. And how they sound...my review is WOW! I am loving them and am hearing stuff in my music that I haven't noticed or heard before and I know they haven't even broken in fully yet. Jon has done an outstanding job with the L3c and BTJ is right about not missing the 3-way towers I had. This play BIG.
                      Tell me more. 😎

Comment

• "This play BIG" was supposed to read "These play BIG"...and they really do. My speakers are about 7.7' apart and my MLP is about 10.5', so as close to an isosceles triangle as possible for my setup. The front of the speaker is about 2' from the wall (I wish I could get the speakers a little farther from the wall, but aesthetically, it just won't work), but I can't imagine it making them sound much better. I toed them in until I got the phantom center I was looking for. The real nice thing about the L3c is that the "center" is almost the enter sofa now vs just that one spot in the middle of the sofa.

I was a little hesitant to go from 3-way towers to 2-way MTMs, but I realistically looked at my setup and after reading Jon's thoughts on the sound of the L3c and reading through BTJ's review, I decided to go that route vs the 753s I was originally going to get because I thought they would be too big for my room and listening style. I can honestly say I am thrilled with my purchase and have zero buyers remorse. They look great on the stands and sound so rich and full. And one of the best words to describe how they sound is what BTJ said, "expensive"...but they amazingly aren't expensive in the scheme of things. I wasn't totally sure what he meant by that, but it sounded like a good thing. Now that I have been listening to them, I totally get it. I personally can't believe how they sound vs their price point.

I am definitely not an audiophile, but I can try to describe what I hear when I am listening to the L3c as my LR when I am listening to music (full range with no sub) or watching music videos on YouTube in stereo (speakers set to small, ports open with sub crossed over at 50Hz). When just listening to music, whether it is vinyl, CDs or Amazon music via Bluetooth to my tube amp, the music is absolutely room filling with a warm richness and musical details I haven't heard before when listening to the same songs. It is the little details (the "real" snare drum hit, the "in-your-room" vocals, the previously "missing" background sound effects, etc.) in those recordings that are now evident and just feel more "live", even at lower volumes. Lower volumes sound great, but turning the volume up just brings that extra WOW.

I am not sure if any of you have watched Floor Jansen perform her version of Heart's Alone on YouTube, but it is phenomenal. When I was listening to this music video on the A5rx, it sounded great and like she was singing from the TV. But after hearing/watching the same video/song using the L3c, her voice is imaged where she is located on the TV, but instead of flatly playing from the TV, it sounds like her voice is floating in space and she is singing in my room to me...it is amazing.

To make a long story short, I can't wait to get downstairs and pull out albums I haven't listened to in a while to hear them anew.

Comment

• Originally posted by shackz71 View Post
                          "This play BIG" was supposed to read "These play BIG"...and they really do. My speakers are about 7.7' apart and my MLP is about 10.5', so as close to an isosceles triangle as possible for my setup. The front of the speaker is about 2' from the wall (I wish I could get the speakers a little farther from the wall, but aesthetically, it just won't work), but I can't imagine it making them sound much better. I toed them in until I got the phantom center I was looking for. The real nice thing about the L3c is that the "center" is almost the enter sofa now vs just that one spot in the middle of the sofa.

I was a little hesitant to go from 3-way towers to 2-way MTMs, but I realistically looked at my setup and after reading Jon's thoughts on the sound of the L3c and reading through BTJ's review, I decided to go that route vs the 753s I was originally going to get because I thought they would be too big for my room and listening style. I can honestly say I am thrilled with my purchase and have zero buyers remorse. They look great on the stands and sound so rich and full. And one of the best words to describe how they sound is what BTJ said, "expensive"...but they amazingly aren't expensive in the scheme of things. I wasn't totally sure what he meant by that, but it sounded like a good thing. Now that I have been listening to them, I totally get it. I personally can't believe how they sound vs their price point.

I am definitely not an audiophile, but I can try to describe what I hear when I am listening to the L3c as my LR when I am listening to music (full range with no sub) or watching music videos on YouTube in stereo (speakers set to small, ports open with sub crossed over at 50Hz). When just listening to music, whether it is vinyl, CDs or Amazon music via Bluetooth to my tube amp, the music is absolutely room filling with a warm richness and musical details I haven't heard before when listening to the same songs. It is the little details (the "real" snare drum hit, the "in-your-room" vocals, the previously "missing" background sound effects, etc.) in those recordings that are now evident and just feel more "live", even at lower volumes. Lower volumes sound great, but turning the volume up just brings that extra WOW.

I am not sure if any of you have watched Floor Jansen perform her version of Heart's Alone on YouTube, but it is phenomenal. When I was listening to this music video on the A5rx, it sounded great and like she was singing from the TV. But after hearing/watching the same video/song using the L3c, her voice is imaged where she is located on the TV, but instead of flatly playing from the TV, it sounds like her voice is floating in space and she is singing in my room to me...it is amazing.

To make a long story short, I can't wait to get downstairs and pull out albums I haven't listened to in a while to hear them anew.
                          Absolutely great write up. I really struggled to find descriptors that captured what I have been hearing. I actually think you may have done a better job than I did.

As I stated, singers don’t just sing for you, they sing TO you. The fleshed out image, possibly even illusion, of them being present in your room becomes palpable.

The dynamics of the L Series drivers are great at not needing to be pushed in order to sound dynamic. I think you’ll agree that there’s no need to get them up to that magic level in the volume dial where they finally wake up. They’re always awake. Though, as you noted, they just get more enveloping they louder they get.

Comment

• Definitely agree. They are always awake no matter the volume, but they just really pull you into the music at louder volumes. Hopefully I will get around to watching a movie soon to see how they perform as the front soundstage of the 5.1.4 setup. I have no doubt they will be phenomenal.

Comment

• CURSE YOU SB ACOUSTICS SEND JON HIS DRIVERS I WANT MY L6 AND 2 L7's I want to be in audio nirvana also

Comment

• Originally posted by 1st Time Caller View Post
                                CURSE YOU SB ACOUSTICS SEND JON HIS DRIVERS I WANT MY L6 AND 2 L7's I want to be in audio nirvana also
                                You and me both, brother. ;o)

Comment

Working...
                                X