Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great to see and a great holiday gift to all!!! Curious on the thoughts of main advantages of L6 over L3c at this point. Any thoughts on benefits L6 brings to the table over it's little brother since orders for initial batch of L3c are due quickly. Merry Christmas to all!

Comment

• Originally posted by superfan View Post
      Curious on the thoughts of main advantages of L6 over L3c at this point. Any thoughts on benefits L6 brings to the table over it's little brother since orders for initial batch of L3c are due quickly.
      The L6 is purpose-designed as a center channel speaker, whereas the L3c is designed as a fullrange stand monitor (and versatile LCR speaker).

The sealed L6 sacrifices some of the bottom end of the bass reflex ported L3c but is also theoretically easier to integrate as a 80Hz speaker because it's a little more comfortable in closer proximity to boundaries and furniture.

The L6 also has the arguably more articulate mid-treble arrangement, and like the L7 versus L3, manages to eke out a little more separation. However, given that the L6 isn't used or recommended as a stereo speaker, we're more interested in if the L6 can dig a little more sheer information out of the program than we are the 2-channel effect.

Basically the L6 is a dedicated large(r) center and matches L7 pairs placed at L&R. The L models mix and match well - like our A models - but if the mains are L7's, the center should probably be the L6.

Comment

• Hi All,

We're opening the L3 and L3c starting this morning. The PM system in the forum is hiding some of your replies for some reason, but we're using email notices we received to work through a list of you who responded to the note from a couple of days ago. We're responding to individual PM's one by one.

If you're ready to go and haven't seen a PM from us this morning, please email instead, just to be sure. Include your forum moniker so we can identify you. Basically we're looking for the best time for you to be online to make a purchase.

Thanks and talk with you soon.

Comment

• I uploaded actual images to my L3c review thread. They feature my dog. 😎👍

Comment

• Very disappointed to learn the L series will not have ribbons.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUTB1 View Post
              Very disappointed to learn the L series will not have ribbons.
              As noted elsewhere in the very long L Series thread, ribbons virtually never have the important characteristics we needed for L. The L's superb big ringdome does, however, and the result is the highest definition we've gotten from a product series in ten years. The ribbon typically suffers from inadequate headroom, insufficient bandwidth, and excess fragility. It can have high distortion in common settings. It's also disproportionally expensive, and given the very high performance of the L models for their costs, would have harmed the value we demanded for our customers from L.

There are places for ribbons, but they have to be selected very carefully and used in specific settings. We're working with them right now, although only where they're well suited. The L Series certainly does not suffer from using the ringdome. In fact it gains essential advantages from it that directly improve overall sound.

Comment

• Happy New Year Jon (and BTJ) Any update on the drivers for the L6 and L7

Comment

• Originally posted by 1st Time Caller View Post
                  Happy New Year Jon (and BTJ) Any update on the drivers for the L6 and L7
                  Going back to their inception I really like the SB drivers - working with them again is wonderful. As many of you know, the L Series is an outgrowth of the 2010 Dana models, also with SB inside.

How can I put this: We've had certain challenges getting enough of them. Without going into details, we're seeing them arrive in two or three dozen piece lots and not the hundred lots we'd prefer.

At the same time the L7's metal feet - same as the A5.5 and the 753 - are out of stock pending a resupply I believe around Feb. Altogether we just used available tweeters to launch the L3 and L3c. We could conceivably offer the L7 without the metal feet but being so narrow I'd really prefer we not.

That's where we are. None of this was anticipated, of course, but when you open a container and see a fraction of what you;d ordered, there's not a lot you can do.

More news here as it happens, naturally. And thanks for hanging in there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post
                    More news here as it happens, naturally. And thanks for hanging in there.
                    Appreciate you being forthcoming as always, it's refreshing. We're all really excited to get our hands on them, just as I'm sure you are to share them. What's a bit more of a wait to have things done properly.

Comment

• Happy new year Chane gang !
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMOKamtpUA8

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5lYNgCVwFo

Comment

• Originally posted by wkrpic View Post
                          Happy new year Chane gang !
                          Happy New Year everyone! It's been a wild time but we're really looking forward to renewed peace and prosperity...and a lot of great new audio.

Thank you very much for being part of our growing story. Here's to much more!

Comment

• My L3s and L3C are arriving later today. Before testing them for home theater and integrating my subs, I’d like to first test the L3s stand-alone 2.0 for music. My question is, would 40Hz be a proper crossover setting on my AVR for when I turn off the subs? I read BTJ’s review and it looks like he ran the L3C full range for his evaluation, so maybe I just do that?
                            Last edited by copperhorse73; 01-02-2021, 08:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by copperhorse73 View Post
                              My L3s and L3C are arriving later today. Before testing them for home theater and integrating my subs, I’d like to first test the L3s stand-alone 2.0 for music. My question is, would 40Hz be a proper crossover setting on my AVR for when I turn off the subs? I read BTJ’s review and it looks like he ran the L3C full range for his evaluation, so maybe I just do that?
                              Personally, I'd run 'em full range.

40 Hz is also a very low point and may give you a problem if/when the sub's highpass knee runs into the lowpass filter and the sub never really gets up to level. They may overlap too much, which upsets the tune of the setup. I'd go 80Hz myself, the standard point. When you add the sub back in, you can also try stopping the ports of the mains, which more or less makes them 80Hz speakers, where their acoustical function there adds well to the rest of the setup..

Comment

• Originally posted by copperhorse73 View Post
                                My L3s and L3C are arriving later today. Before testing them for home theater and integrating my subs, I’d like to first test the L3s stand-alone 2.0 for music. My question is, would 40Hz be a proper crossover setting on my AVR for when I turn off the subs? I read BTJ’s review and it looks like he ran the L3C full range for his evaluation, so maybe I just do that?
                                Just run them full range and be responsible. You’ll be fine. 😊👍

I’m excited to hear what you think!!

Comment

Working...
                                X