This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wkrpic View Post
    In the inventory update you mention possible premium finishes for the 700s. I think that was previously only planned for the Ls, no?
    We're actively exploring a premium finish for the L models. Currently assuming a fine furniture ply with exposed end grain along the baffle milling and again at the end of the cabinet edges on the back. We'll report back here if it's successful.

Comment

• Are there any measurements/frequency response graphs available for the L3?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mtmpenn View Post
        Are there any measurements/frequency response graphs available for the L3?
        Not yet - it's a major project post-processing and preparing those graphics, and they aren't indicative of real sound but we'll probably get to them eventually.

Comment

• As of yesterday all L models are live online.

Next step is preparing coupon codes and then PMing them to the L reservation list.

Comment

• Super excited, they look great. Eagerly awaiting info about the preorder.

Maybe it's been a while since I've seen the pictures, but I was thinking the tweeter on the L6 was on top as opposed to the bottom of the speaker. On the traditional 3 way with 2 woofers outside of a midrange tweeter stack W(T/M)W, the tweeter is always on the top. Lobing/comb filtering is commonly brought up when a non standard arrangement is used. Why is Chane using this setup?

Comment

• Originally posted by Spidacat View Post
              Super excited, they look great. Eagerly awaiting info about the preorder.

Maybe it's been a while since I've seen the pictures, but I was thinking the tweeter on the L6 was on top as opposed to the bottom of the speaker. On the traditional 3 way with 2 woofers outside of a midrange tweeter stack W(T/M)W, the tweeter is always on the top. Lobing/comb filtering is commonly brought up when a non standard arrangement is used. Why is Chane using this setup?
              Good questions.

1. Traditional MTM and WMTMW with asymmetrical horizontal centerlines go for the top tweeter placement. It may hold over from tweeter-on-top main speakers.

2. As an implied issue, in our view lobing gets far, far too much attention - like port-to-wall distance and amplitude responses as a sole quality metric.

The L6 has the tweeter slightly below the midranges because 1) it allows a more compact package, and 2) the design type aligns better when the tweeter is pushed slightly further away from the listener than the midranges. Assuming the speaker is below a screen, there is a marginally better effect when the drivers are placed this way. And, in looking around the market, there are main vertical speakers with their tweeters under their midranges or midwoofers too. It's the same goal and effect.

As far as MTM's go, there are two key phenomena at work.

First, two drivers reproducing the same content from two slightly different distances to the ear creates cancellations that vary as functions of wavelength (frequency) and driver spacing where the two drivers are operating high enough to create distinct multiple sources. At low frequencies they operate in tandem as far as this directivity goes - the wavelengths are too long to make this distinction.

With a sufficiently low crossover vs driver spacing this cancellation is mitigated or even eliminated from issue.

Second, since all multiway speakers produce a null on the long axis at crossover at some point(s) in the forward polar pattern, adding a second lower frequency driver to mirror the first overlaps a second null at the opposite angle from the array center. Adjusting these is an option and if done with a goal, can improve the pattern. Extreme cases built just for the purpose reduce it to almost nothing, the original MTM aim.

The L6 and L7 use both a low crossover to the big, capable 29mm ringdome - its size is one reason we chose it - and the tight driver spacing solves the rest. Our usual crossover work gives the array good behaviors in the other domains and the whole effect is that the speakers acoustically disappear quite nicely.

PS: The 752's big, wide-open acoustical image suggests that even a big MTM speaker can be optimized to work surprisingly well.

Comment

• Thanks for the answers Jon.

FYI, it looks like you copied/pasted the same weight for all the L series. They all say 7.7 kg (17#)

Comment

• Updated website looks great!

Comment

• I just added the Chane L3Cā€™s to my wish list on the new Chane website.

I agree the new Chane website looks great.

Two thumbs up šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ‘šŸ»

Comment

• Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post
                      Note: Due to there being so many reservations and due to the new web systems and content being pushed back one last time, I think we'll follow the 700 Series lead and roll out the L3 and L3c in private sales starting this weekend. I know we thought we'd do this a long time ago but now I think we're ready to run.

We'll start with the first names in the original reservation list and in groups in rapid succession, either run all the way through the entire list - including latter mentions in these threads - or until we run out of stock. We'll send PM's to this extended list shortly.
                      Hi Jon,

Has the private sale started for L3 and L3Cā€™s?

Many thanks.

Comment

• Have a Merry Christmas šŸŽ„šŸŽ
                        Last edited by Ehill; 12-23-2020, 07:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ehill View Post
                          Has the private sale started for L3 and L3Cā€™s?
                          Just about - need to set up a couple things in the product pages and then we're off to the races. We'll start at the top and work our way through.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post

Just about - need to set up a couple things in the product pages and then we're off to the races. We'll start at the top and work our way through.
                            Awesome thanks.

Comment

• Getting my L3c review going. Piecemeal.

https://forum.chanemusiccinema.com/f...ane-l3c-review

Comment

• Hi Folks,

Happy Holidays, all. It's been a real pleasure carrying on with all of you this year - here's to much more as we all go forward.

We've sent out PM's to the first 50 list members, in two groups of 25, in order of reservations received. The last group will be sent tonight. This notice is to purchase the L3 and/or L3c. L6 and L7 come later.

If you've seen a PM, you know what to do - reply and together we'll get your purchase completed starting this Saturday. If you have not, send this account a PM and we'll reply with the same message. Please also know that quantities are limited.

That's basically it. Please be in touch for your speakers and thanks again. All of us wish you a wonderful season.

Comment

Working...
                                X