This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post

80 is fine. You'll get a smooth transition if the basics are aligned.

Those questions are uncannily ideal for BufordTJustice; he's had the most experience with them, including running them with both state of the art transistor and tube amplifiers.
    I think BTJ is pretty busy moving into his new place.

Any updates on when the L3c will start shipping?

Hopefully the SB factory will start pumping out more SB drives soon.

Dang CCP virus is screwing up so much all around the world ๐ŸŒŽ...!!!

Patiently waiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ehill View Post
      Any updates on when the L3c will start shipping?
      We're laying in complete L3's and L3c's and can ship as soon as the production floor signs off. The new site content is tentatively scheduled to publish the 11th, at which time we'll start all this rolling. L6 and L7 are still held up somewhat due to parts shortages.

(Meanwhile we're fast-tracking models L1c, L2, and L2c, which are 4.5" and 5.25"-based. I can't make any guarantees but if I have my way, the whole list of seven goes to second production before the first of the year, to fulfill a few months into 2021.)

Comment

• Damm I may never get my L6 and 2 L7's

Comment

Hi Jon,

When using the L3c in a LCR layout if I were to plug the port in the L3C center channel what characteristics would change and would you recommend crossing over at 80 or 100Hrz?

Would you say the L3Cโ€™s have a lively, open, full, spacious and detailed sound with open and clear mid range presentation?

Are they easy to drive and sound good at low and higher volume?

Have you found any magical amp pairings for the L3Cโ€™s?

Thanks
          Yes to all except for the amp question. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Theyโ€™ll certainly reward better amps, but I just tried them with a little Tri-path 13 watt class D amp and filled the whole place easily.

Comment

• Question Jon. Where would you rank your speaker lines in regards to dispersion? Would the horn/waveguide 700 series be narrow dispersion, the planar tweeter A series wide dispersion, and the dome tweeter L series be moderate to wide dispersion?

Comment

We're laying in complete L3's and L3c's and can ship as soon as the production floor signs off. The new site content is tentatively scheduled to publish the 11th, at which time we'll start all this rolling. L6 and L7 are still held up somewhat due to parts shortages.

(Meanwhile we're fast-tracking models L1c, L2, and L2c, which are 4.5" and 5.25"-based. I can't make any guarantees but if I have my way, the whole list of seven goes to second production before the first of the year, to fulfill a few months into 2021.)

Man that would be great to get the L3Cโ€™s before Christmas.
              Maybe Iโ€™ll be breaking in my new L3Cโ€™s with some Christmas music ๐Ÿ˜‚๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ.

Thanks Jon

Comment

• Originally posted by Spidacat View Post
                Question Jon. Where would you rank your speaker lines in regards to dispersion? Would the horn/waveguide 700 series be narrow dispersion, the planar tweeter A series wide dispersion, and the dome tweeter L series be moderate to wide dispersion?
                The A Series has the narrowest tweeter and the smallest drivers so theoretically it gets the nod. The L Series use the ringdome tweeter for its benefits, among which is excellent dispersion. Depending on model they also use either small mids or low treble crossover points, so again dispersion is strong.

The 700 series are designed for higher output and larger spaces, and their treble horns will have the tighter patterns.

In all cases the most audible component of sound is the success of the design, meaning how well the drivers integrate together. This is significantly more audible (and less understood), and will carry forward into a sense of openness and scale.

Comment

Man that would be great to get the L3Cโ€™s before Christmas.
                  It certainly would and it's not impossible...

Comment

• Note: Due to there being so many reservations and due to the new web systems and content being pushed back one last time, I think we'll follow the 700 Series lead and roll out the L3 and L3c in private sales starting this weekend. I know we thought we'd do this a long time ago but now I think we're ready to run.

We'll start with the first names in the original reservation list and in groups in rapid succession, either run all the way through the entire list - including latter mentions in these threads - or until we run out of stock. We'll send PM's to this extended list shortly.

Please note that the L3 is a large stand monitor - don't let the 2-way box nature of the design have you thinking this twenty liter speaker is a ten liter bookshelf speaker like the A1.5. Eventual models L1c, L2, and L2c are for that (4.5" and 5.25" drivers respectively). Model L3c is a large reference-grade MTM speaker as well as suiting horizontal center use for mid- to large-sized systems.

We've also begun planning next production, this one to include all-black versions of up to seven models.

L6 and L7 continue to await their last parts. More on those as it develops too.

Comment

• If folks on the waiting list are planning on doing an L7 RL + L3C type combo do you expect to have L3C in stock when the L7 eventually go to private buy and/or public sale on the website? Or should they plan on an L3C initial purchase with L7 hopefully following shortly?

Comment

• Originally posted by superfan View Post
                        If folks on the waiting list are planning on doing an L7 RL + L3C type combo do you expect to have L3C in stock when the L7 eventually go to private buy and/or public sale on the website? Or should they plan on an L3C initial purchase with L7 hopefully following shortly?
                        A completely logical question but one I don't have a good answer for yet. We're fitting in the pieces as we go and all we can do is announce each step as they schedule and arrive. The best guess is that L3 and L3c will move very briskly - the 700's are already gone and never officially launched - and the larger models will occur when the driver and hardware makers catch up.

As always, more here as it happens.

Comment

• If still tracking, please add me to the interest list for 3 L3c.

Thank you!

Comment

Note: Due to there being so many reservations and due to the new web systems and content being pushed back one last time, I think we'll follow the 700 Series lead and roll out the L3 and L3c in private sales starting this weekend. I know we thought we'd do this a long time ago but now I think we're ready to run.
                            I've been asked about this last weekend by PM: In talking this over here we realized that it's going to be far more informative and easier for customers to track if we launch L's through the new web content, which is completing. Photos, specs, and your customer account are all more visible and more useful doing it that way. I think you'll understand and hopefully find this method better too.

The web guys tell me the 18th is the go-live date. We'll publish all four L models at once. Please note that they'll be marked out of stock for reasons I'll explain.

They're actually in stock. To order L3 and L3c, we'll then quickly PM the long reservation list in order received, we'll add in the overflow mentions here in the forums, and to order, we'll ask you to simply include your forum moniker, which we'll confirm against your email address. Prices and shipping terms, like the 700 rollout, will already be adjusted to reflect a nice deal. We'll thereby step through each and every reservation.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2020-12-14 Chane L3.png
Views:	352
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	117289

L6 and L7 are still waiting parts. Please note that L1c, L2, and L2c have tentatively been cleared to produce as soon as possible too.

The entire first production of 752 and 753 models sold though before they formally launched. We expect L demand to be as high or higher. Second production of both lines - the six original models plus one - is already going forward. We'll announce dates in the inventory update notice as changes occur.

I don't know if we'll ever reach standing inventory in L and 700 models like we generally had for A Series models. Demand is very strong. While 2020 encountered various supply interruptions for these six models, 2021 should be better. I have another dozen or so in planning.

Comment

I've been asked about this last weekend by PM: In talking this over here we realized that it's going to be far more informative and easier for customers to track if we launch L's through the new web content, which is completing. Photos, specs, and your customer account are all more visible and more useful doing it that way. I think you'll understand and hopefully find this method better too.

The web guys tell me the 18th is the go
                              Very exciting! Great to see the response to the new lines.
                              In the inventory update you mention possible premium finishes for the 700s. I think that was previously only planned for the Ls, no?

Comment

• Bring on the new L series.

Very excited and canโ€™t wait....!!!

Thanks Jon ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Ehill; 12-15-2020, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X