This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TexasPete View Post

They look really nice. I went ahead and took a leap of faith by ordering a pair of 28 inch speaker stands. The more I think about it, I think the walnut finish on the L3c's will be fine and since I'm about to turn 70, I'd better get new speakers while I can still appreciate them!
    These are 28” Pangea DS400’s and the tweeter is exactly at ear height on my couch.

These sound great. You will have plenty to enjoy, and in good health. 👍😊

Comment

• Originally posted by BufordTJustice View Post

I’m now in a little downtown area, in a valley, East of Seattle. Views are solid. Wife LOVES it.
      Had no idea you were around here. Which valley are you in? That window landscape view looks generally familiar! When we moved back to the US from Manila last year, we landed in downtown Bellevue. Had an upper floor apartment at Park88 overlooking the downtown park. We loved it there, especially the wife. However, for the sake of our growing family, we bought a house out east by a lake between Redmond and Carnation. Now we have room for more dogs, and more speakers!

Comment

• Originally posted by marksman View Post

Had no idea you were around here. Which valley are you in? That window landscape view looks generally familiar! When we moved back to the US from Manila last year, we landed in downtown Bellevue. Had an upper floor apartment at Park88 overlooking the downtown park. We loved it there, especially the wife. However, for the sake of our growing family, we bought a house out east by a lake between Redmond and Carnation. Now we have room for more dogs, and more speakers!
        Right on! I’m here in downtown Bothell and LOVING it!!

And I’m about at capacity with my 104lb German Shepherd. 😂👍

Comment

• Was there ever an announced price for the L3c's?

Comment

• L3C’s we’re posted at around $489’ish each.

Great price for Jon Lane signature series, SB Acoustic drivers, solid cabinet and crossover, plus so much more.
            Last edited by Ehill; 12-01-2020, 10:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ehill View Post
              L3C’s we’re posted at around $489’ish each.

Great price for Jon Lane signature series, SB Acoustic drivers, solid cabinet and crossover, plus so much more.
              Would these be too much for a 12x15 room. I would like to get something that will still be able to fill up a larger space in the next house we get and would rather just make purchase that's going to last a while.

Comment

I wasn't aware Jon has given out pricing on any of the L series.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitch_Petersen View Post

I believe these are the preorder group price but even those prices aren’t locked in.

Prices are always subjected to change before the release date.

Chane audio sometimes does give a discount when you buy 3 like in a LCR setup so the price could change again if they offer combo pricing.

I would just send Jon a P.M.

See if you can still get on the preorder list for the L3c.

They are in the process of building and tuning hundreds of the L3c right now.

In Q1 of 2021 the shipment of the black ash L3c cabinets will arrive if you prefer the black ash over the original brown oak color.

Either way Jon will get you setup.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ppilot View Post

Would these be too much for a 12x15 room. I would like to get something that will still be able to fill up a larger space in the next house we get and would rather just make purchase that's going to last a while.
                    Hello,

You have the same size room as my listening room. I asked Jon the same question as yours. Jon stated that the L3c would be perfect.

One of our forum members did a demo with the L3C’s at Gig Harbor Audio and the L3C’s filled a very large audio demo room and were many times mistaken for some very very expensive speakers that were sitting next to them.

The 29mm SB Acoustic ring dome tweeter is a big beautiful tweeter with a huge room filling sound stage. The dual SB Acoustics 6.5 mid bass drivers are almost on the same line as the SB Acoustics flagship Satori series of drivers. With Chanes amazing heavily braced cabinets, SB Acoustics drives, Jon’s crossover, tuning and engineering this is going to be something special.
                    Last edited by Ehill; 12-02-2020, 01:38 PM.

Comment

That's in the ballpark; about $100 more than the Dana 640i from ten years ago. The Dana had 5.25" drivers but a cherry cabinet. The L3c has improved 6.5" drivers, the greatly upgraded big ringdome tweeter, and a more refined crossover and sound. Cabinet is significantly larger and the speaker is substantially more sensitive and powerful, but it comes in a more economical finish.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ppilot View Post

The L3c? They'd be fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitch_Petersen View Post

Nope, not yet. The new web content is coming and it'll be the first time prices show.

Comment

• L7 yes please

Comment

• Hi Jon,

When using the L3c in a LCR layout if I were to plug the port in the L3C center channel what characteristics would change and would you recommend crossing over at 80 or 100Hrz?

Would you say the L3C’s have a lively, open, full, spacious and detailed sound with open and clear mid range presentation?

Are they easy to drive and sound good at low and higher volume?

Have you found any magical amp pairings for the L3C’s?

Thanks

Comment

When using the L3c in a LCR layout if I were to plug the port in the L3C center channel what characteristics would change and would you recommend crossing over at 80 or 100Hrz?
                                80 is fine. You'll get a smooth transition if the basics are aligned.

Originally posted by Ehill View Post
                                Would you say the L3C’s have a lively, open, full, spacious and detailed sound with open and clear mid range presentation?

Are they easy to drive and sound good at low and higher volume?

Have you found any magical amp pairings for the L3C’s?
                                Those questions are uncannily ideal for BufordTJustice; he's had the most experience with them, including running them with both state of the art transistor and tube amplifiers.

Comment

Working...
                                X