This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ehill View Post

Are the Pangea DS400 worth twice as much as the Monolith stands by Monoprice?

They look very similar.

Thanks...
    Probably not. I just don’t personally subsidize copycat behavior.

Comment

• So if the 700's are shipping does this mean good things for the L's next week or the week after

Comment

• Monday morning update.

As you know we've launched both the 752 and 753 (and to excellent demand even before public rollout. We offered them first because they completed first - a natural series of events. Demand has surprised us and we'll probably run out of our pilot run of 753's any time. As you know 700, the L, and other models are in a new production chain based on faster response across more individual models. We'll resume 700 production as soon as we can.)

How does this relate to the L models you've been waiting for. Only last week we learned that US import of the specialized drivers we use in the L models was shorted two critical pieces, the tweeters and the L6/7 midranges. We have enough stock to launch the L3 and we think we're about to fly more tweeters in for the next model, the L3c. Even so I'm surprised by the low stock counts even for the tweeters, which are relatively common for this brand. L6 and L7 are harder hit. I'm not happy about any of this.

As noted, we just learned this. The driver manufacturer, we're told, is well-known for not holding stock, oddly, and shortages will occur with any change in flow, such as happened in the extreme this year. I'm happy with our state of affairs for the 752 and 753 but that doesn't help the L models.

2020 has been a wild year. Without going into too much detail, Covid has hit everything we're involved with and a little differently all over. While we were completely unaffected all the way through mid summer, first the A models and now the L models, as it turns out, have been impacted. Not at all what we expected based on standard manufacturing expectations.

That's what I know for now. I don't have dates. I can say that while we'd delayed the new web content at this point we're going to move forward with it in a methodical fashion. I'd like to publish fairly soon. Offers will resume with the L3, then the L3c, and then we'll work out the L6 and L7.

As always, more here as it happens. When we know something, we post it and we don't generally forget to update the threads.

Work on three new L models, L models in more deluxe cabinets, three new 700 models, three more ancillary 700-class models, and another series continues. But L has always been our staple line and remains our first priority.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post
          Monday morning update.

As you know we've launched both the 752 and 753 (and to excellent demand even before public rollout. We offered them first because they completed first - a natural series of events. Demand has surprised us and we'll probably run out of our pilot run of 753's any time. As you know 700, the L, and other models are in a new production chain based on faster response across more individual models. We'll resume 700 production as soon as we can.)

How does this relate to the L models you've been waiting for. Only last week we learned that US import of the specialized drivers we use in the L models was shorted two critical pieces, the tweeters and the L6/7 midranges. We have enough stock to launch the L3 and we think we're about to fly more tweeters in for the next model, the L3c. Even so I'm surprised by the low stock counts even for the tweeters, which are relatively common for this brand. L6 and L7 are harder hit. I'm not happy about any of this.

As noted, we just learned this. The driver manufacturer, we're told, is well-known for not holding stock, oddly, and shortages will occur with any change in flow, such as happened in the extreme this year. I'm happy with our state of affairs for the 752 and 753 but that doesn't help the L models.

2020 has been a wild year. Without going into too much detail, Covid has hit everything we're involved with and a little differently all over. While we were completely unaffected all the way through mid summer, first the A models and now the L models, as it turns out, have been impacted. Not at all what we expected based on standard manufacturing expectations.

That's what I know for now. I don't have dates. I can say that while we'd delayed the new web content at this point we're going to move forward with it in a methodical fashion. I'd like to publish fairly soon. Offers will resume with the L3, then the L3c, and then we'll work out the L6 and L7.

As always, more here as it happens. When we know something, we post it and we don't generally forget to update the threads.

Work on three new L models, L models in more deluxe cabinets, three new 700 models, three more ancillary 700-class models, and another series continues. But L has always been our staple line and remains our first priority.
          Thanks for update Jon. It must be hard dealing with all these issue, but appreciate your updates. Is A series restock for A2.4 affected by this or are you expecting it to be restocked soon?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post
            Monday morning update.

And the long vigil for L6 L7 Continues. I am almost as sorry to hear about the supply problems as you are and I know it is not easy to deliver disappointing new. . Please keep us posted as you can. Does the delay in the mid ranges mean the deluxe cabinates mat be an option at the same time? Is the marine plywood as dense and stiff as the MDF you use in the normal speakers,

Comment

• Sorry to hear that news. Hopefully that driver manufacturer comes through soon and there are more optimal driver solutions for future designs. I'd be stressed waiting on one darn vendor. The auto industry has multiple approved vendors waiting in the wings for these scenarios but I imagine it's not very realistic with complicated speaker drivers.
              Last edited by kabin; 11-09-2020, 01:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1st Time Caller View Post
                Does the delay in the mid ranges mean the deluxe cabinates mat be an option at the same time?
                Hard to say but I would like the first deluxe cabs here asap - to finish prototype stage within 60 days or so. Production follows that. I don't see L6 and L7 taking that long at all.

Originally posted by 1st Time Caller View Post
                Is the marine plywood as dense and stiff as the MDF you use in the normal speakers,
                Stiffer and it's a better material for acoustical cabinets. Weights slightly less, is acoustically less reactive, and naturally it looks cool.

(I keep breaking the mum's-the-word rule you guys...)

Comment

• Sorry Jon some times questions just pop into my head. Did not want you to give out ant trade secrets or other information that may change due to circumstances beyond your control

Comment

• Buford, how tall are the stands you're using for your L3c's?

Comment

• Originally posted by TexasPete View Post
                      Buford, how tall are the stands you're using for your L3c's?
                      I use the Pangea DS400 4-post stands. They are 28” not including the spikes. Perfect height for my couch (a standard IKEA thing).

Comment

• Originally posted by BufordTJustice View Post

I use the Pangea DS400 4-post stands. They are 28” not including the spikes. Perfect height for my couch (a standard IKEA thing).
                        Thanks for the reply.

Comment

• I'm wanting 2 L3s and an L3C if those are ready to ship

Comment

• Originally posted by 1st Time Caller View Post
                            Sorry Jon some times questions just pop into my head. Did not want you to give out ant trade secrets or other information that may change due to circumstances beyond your control
                            Perfectly fine, 1st. The optional cabinets, should they work out like we trust, are something to crow about. Let's see how we do...

Comment

• Any update on the midranges for the L6/L7 or possible release dates for the L3's?

Comment

• Originally posted by Spidacat View Post
                                Any update on the midranges for the L6/L7 or possible release dates for the L3's?
                                You've probably seen it, but Jon posted an update here

Comment

Working...
                                X