This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cgramer View Post

Something similar to Martin Logan's "black cherrywood" finish or Wharfedale's "rosewood" would be beautiful on the L series!

Click image for larger version Name:	MartinLoganMotion35XT_Black_Cherrywood.jpg Views:	1 Size:	252.0 KB ID:	114883 Click image for larger version Name:	Wharfedale11-5_Rosewood.jpg Views:	1 Size:	179.1 KB ID:	114884
    That finish is gorgeous.

Comment

• As much as I was hoping a similar dark cherry would be offered initially, I think the color chosen looks super good, plus a bonus for me is that it matches my Salamander entertainment center very well. When I originally saw the pictures online, I got a sample of my finish and mailed it to Jon and he took a picture side by side. I think I've mostly been anxious since I mounted my TV on the wall and now I have to look at a gap since my existing center is much smaller. I made a mock of the L6 and the bottom of the TV should be just above it.

Comment

• Pls keep the ideas coming, guys. We're already proceeding on an all-marine plywood build for some higher end L's. It's simple to die their veneers in anything a majority of customers want.

There's also a poll somewhere in the forum you could resuscitate and link back here...

Comment

• Originally posted by Spidacat View Post
          As much as I was hoping a similar dark cherry would be offered initially, I think the color chosen looks super good, plus a bonus for me is that it matches my Salamander entertainment center very well. When I originally saw the pictures online, I got a sample of my finish and mailed it to Jon and he took a picture side by side. I think I've mostly been anxious since I mounted my TV on the wall and now I have to look at a gap since my existing center is much smaller. I made a mock of the L6 and the bottom of the TV should be just above it.
          I don't "hate" the first run's finish, it just feels a bit orange to me, and that it won't stand the test of time.

These are the sorts of things that jumped out at me as "beautiful":
          https://www.crutchfield.com/p_839MO2...l#&gid=1&pid=1
          https://www.crutchfield.com/p_991Q55...50-Walnut.html
          https://www.crutchfield.com/p_336D11...-Rosewood.html
          https://www.crutchfield.com/p_336EVO...-3-Walnut.html
          https://www.crutchfield.com/p_109HDI...-Gray-Oak.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post
            Pls keep the ideas coming, guys. We're already proceeding on an all-marine plywood build for some higher end L's. It's simple to die their veneers in anything a majority of customers want.

There's also a poll somewhere in the forum you could resuscitate and link back here...
            any chance you get a set oh these in by release date?

Comment

• Originally posted by mwwchane View Post
              I don't "hate" the first run's finish, it just feels a bit orange to me, and that it won't stand the test of time.
              Obviously tastes vary so our strategy is to deploy the most popular contemporary finish first, which in 2020 is walnut. We'll continue to monitor both these industry-vetted choices - which are based on sales - as well as our customer's preferences and balance the two the best we can. The previous popularity winner was anything in the approximate orbit of rosewood, palisander, dark cherry, and so forth, which dates back twenty years and still looks good.

Another possible choice is whitewashed oak. And standard black ash is also a runner-up, which for L we'll have to move into too.

Feel free to use or create a poll - any majority user feedback is a winner.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1st Time Caller View Post
                any chance you get a set of these in by release date?
                The marine plywood option is in development and if/when it happens will be no sooner than Q1 2001.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post

Obviously tastes vary so our strategy is to deploy the most popular contemporary finish first, which in 2020 is walnut. We'll continue to monitor both these industry-vetted choices - which are based on sales - as well as our customer's preferences and balance the two the best we can. The previous popularity winner was anything in the approximate orbit of rosewood, palisander, dark cherry, and so forth, which dates back twenty years and still looks good.

Another possible choice is whitewashed oak. And standard black ash is also a runner-up, which for L we'll have to move into too.

Feel free to use or create a poll - any majority user feedback is a winner.
                  Totally understand the reasoning behind the current finish selection. And, it is interesting to note that I have not even drawn a conclusion on what I think of it, as its color tones vary from picture to picture. Sometimes it looks rather light and orange in tone, other-times it appears deeper and more palatable.

Comment

• How much does the L3C weigh?

Also do they ship with acoustic / anti vibration feet?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Ehill View Post
                      How much does the L3C weigh?

Also do they ship with acoustic / anti vibration feet?

Thanks
                      I would have to estimate that they are 32-40lbs each. Very study for their size. You would have to ask Jon if they come with feet or not. I would assume not, but that’s just a WAG.

Comment

• Originally posted by BufordTJustice View Post

I would have to estimate that they are 32-40lbs each. Very study for their size. You would have to ask Jon if they come with feet or not. I would assume not, but that’s just a WAG.
                        Ok great thanks.

I was looking at these acoustic feet. The medium go up to 30 lbs and the large go up to 70lbs.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Ok great thanks.

I was looking at these acoustic feet. The medium go up to 30 lbs and the large go up to 70lbs.
                          I’ve used those before. They work well when you are in the upper 25% of their weight range. Lower than that and funny stuff starts to happen (the resonant frequency goes up). So you want them to be just enough.

Comment

• Ok thanks

What are you using on your L3C’s?

It looks like the medium or the large won’t work on your percentages if the L3C weigh in at 40 lbs.

Comment

Ok thanks

What are you using on your L3C’s?

It looks like the medium or the large won’t work on your percentages if the L3C weigh in at 40 lbs.
                              I’m actually just using the compressible foam dots that came with my Pangea DS400 stands. One dab of blue tac in the middle for earthquake insurance. Also permits easier toe adjustment on the stand.

Comment

• Originally posted by BufordTJustice View Post

I’m actually just using the compressible foam dots that came with my Pangea DS400 stands. One dab of blue tac in the middle for earthquake insurance. Also permits easier toe adjustment on the stand.
                                Are the Pangea DS400 worth twice as much as the Monolith stands by Monoprice?

They look very similar.

Thanks...
                                Last edited by Ehill; 11-04-2020, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X