Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chane L Series Interest Thread and List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Ehill View Post
    Is the L series a signature series?
    It is - a guy told me to use L for the next series beyond the A's.

    Comment


    • Hi Jon, Do you think the new website will be up next week?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by 1st Time Caller View Post
        Hi Jon, Do you think the new website will be up next week?
        What I think and what happens are different things, 1st. I certainly hope so...

        Comment


        • Hi Jon, I’ve been monitoring the progress of the L series for awhile now and have been pretty set on getting them for my fronts once they come out in black. I plan on putting them in a dedicated home theater, minimal music. My question is would you recommend the L series or the 700’s for a dedicated home theater, or maybe a combination? The plan is to use Chane speakers for the entire setup fronts, side and back surrounds and the atmos on brackets on the ceiling. The room is 20x15x9. Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Luckyoco View Post
            Hi Jon, I’ve been monitoring the progress of the L series for awhile now and have been pretty set on getting them for my fronts once they come out in black. I plan on putting them in a dedicated home theater, minimal music. My question is would you recommend the L series or the 700’s for a dedicated home theater, or maybe a combination? The plan is to use Chane speakers for the entire setup fronts, side and back surrounds and the atmos on brackets on the ceiling. The room is 20x15x9. Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
            You will surely get a very detailed reply from Jon later. To get you started, the 700 (in black) have been recommended for dedicated HT rooms with higher spl requirements. They are horn loaded, which is the design that is usually used in cinemas.
            You may want to provide the dedi room specs for a more pro advice from the maker :)

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Luckyoco View Post
              Hi Jon, I’ve been monitoring the progress of the L series for awhile now and have been pretty set on getting them for my fronts once they come out in black. I plan on putting them in a dedicated home theater, minimal music. My question is would you recommend the L series or the 700’s for a dedicated home theater, or maybe a combination? The plan is to use Chane speakers for the entire setup fronts, side and back surrounds and the atmos on brackets on the ceiling. The room is 20x15x9. Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
              I think wktpic is correct: The short answer is that the big 700 models are preferred for HT. They're more efficient and they have a very robust treble system. They also image like crazy - almost as well as the L's - which serves multichannel well.

              The L7 is a roughly 91dB speaker, at 8 ohms. The 753 could be rated at 93dB or maybe a little more, at 6 nominal ohms. It's acoustically larger. It has enormous treble headroom (relative to a large dome) and it has the plainer exterior, which for HT could be more suitable too. It'll project in the space a little better, but the biggest advantage is the free output and higher power handling.

              It's also going to run a couple hundred less a pair.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post

                I think wktpic is correct: The short answer is that the big 700 models are preferred for HT. They're more efficient and they have a very robust treble system. They also image like crazy - almost as well as the L's - which serves multichannel well.

                The L7 is a roughly 91dB speaker, at 8 ohms. The 753 could be rated at 93dB or maybe a little more, at 6 nominal ohms. It's acoustically larger. It has enormous treble headroom (relative to a large dome) and it has the plainer exterior, which for HT could be more suitable too. It'll project in the space a little better, but the biggest advantage is the free output and higher power handling.

                It's also going to run a couple hundred less a pair.
                Thanks for the quick response. Seems I have a decision to make. I really love the look of the L’s but sounds like the 700’s make more sense for me. Thanks again.

                Comment


                • Lucky

                  A few things you need to ask yourself in your decision, first how far will you sit from your fronts? If you place them 2 feet into the room and your chair and sofa if 4 feet from the wall it changes the equation. second, how load do you want to listen? Do you like a back massage and feel the music through you spine during your movies (the earthquake is in your body) or just like it loud and be able to feel the positional experience while listening to a movie (the helicopter or star destroyer comes over your back shoulder fly's over you and flies to the front right) The good news is I don't think you can go wrong either way.

                  Comment


                  • Approximately what to expect when your Ls arrive. (Shown without protective product bag)

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	package 1.png
Views:	222
Size:	855.8 KB
ID:	116182

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	package 2.png
Views:	190
Size:	654.9 KB
ID:	116183

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	foam 3.png
Views:	193
Size:	687.4 KB
ID:	116184

                    Made in the USA. We'll recommend palleting your order of big L and big 700 models.

                    Comment


                    • My A 1.4's were packed well. I'm not expecting any issues with the L's. Looks like nice thick foam. Palleting makes sense, especially for multiple speaker purchases. I just spent a nice chunk of change on the wife. Full steam ahead on the commensurate expenditure on myself!

                      Comment


                      • Top notch. That'll get'r done and then some.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post
                          Approximately what to expect when your Ls arrive. (Shown without protective product bag)

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	package 1.png
Views:	222
Size:	855.8 KB
ID:	116182

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	package 2.png
Views:	190
Size:	654.9 KB
ID:	116183

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	foam 3.png
Views:	193
Size:	687.4 KB
ID:	116184

                          Made in the USA. We'll recommend palleting your order of big L and big 700 models.


                          Sorry I couldn’t resist 😂. I can’t wait for the new L series.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	75A94D1F-7577-4D13-AB73-6A6C06C1B95F.jpeg
Views:	179
Size:	679.1 KB
ID:	116191

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Gerry
                            Change of plans for me yet again. After several room mockups and moving furniture around, it looks like my listening distance is much *shorter* than I originally imagined. This now puts me in a scenario where the 700 series is ruled out because I’d be sitting too close, so now I’m between the A series and L series. What is the recommended listening distance for the L7 and L6 from the *front* of the speaker? Sorry to ask in here, but same question for the A5.5 and upcoming A6.5?

                            Thanks again!
                            It's going to be about the same. Which is to say, pretty short.

                            The distance between acoustical centers of the mids and tweeters is pretty tight on both.

                            But it almost seems like you should consider triple L3c's across the front as well.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Gerry
                              After several room mockups and moving furniture around, it looks like my listening distance is much *shorter* than I originally imagined. This now puts me in a scenario where the 700 series is ruled out because I’d be sitting too close, so now I’m between the A series and L series. What is the recommended listening distance for the L7 and L6 from the *front* of the speaker? Sorry to ask in here, but same question for the A5.5 and upcoming A6.5?
                              Just for the record, there's not a fixed minimum. With a little aiming and assuming a seated listener, almost any model is fine. The MTM models - A2.4, L3c, 752, etc - have an advantage that comes from their symmetric layouts, but even the big 753 can work well at 10' feet. We aim for design and tuning that tends to be fairly forgiving.

                              For the record. I offer this because there are other benefits that could even make a seemingly less suitable model more attractive if it serves another goal.

                              How close is your spacing, Gerry? And what's the effect you're after - loudness, home theater-only, the last drop of musicality, lots of axial audience spread? What's the greater context beyond dimensions?

                              Comment


                              • Status update: We're assembling and packing L models. (If you're catching up, custom packaging is shown a few posts back from this one.) As noted, we'll recommend palleted truck shipping for L7 and since L6 usually goes with the L7, for them too. L3c and L3 will ship via FedEx unless part of a larger system.

                                The webstore will vend the shipping means to you transparently. No customer action needed.

                                New web content is also nearing completion, thanks in no small part to a new team, one of whom came to us via audio. Wonderful people and we're happy to welcome them aboard and move with them to a mutually creative future.

                                Also as noted, all L, 700, bass, and some exciting TBA products are made in the USA, and are well ahead of the curve. Long time in the works - 4 years, on and off - but with the platforms in place we're excited.

                                We're hoping to relaunch next week, the Internet fates allowing. Thanks for being aboard and hanging in there.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X