Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you share the dimension of the L3c and the L3?

Also is there a pre sale list I could sign up for?

Many thanks...
    Last edited by Ehill; 07-27-2020, 09:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ehill View Post
      Can you share the dimension of the L3c and the L3?
      L3: 400 x 335 x 235mm, add 12mm for grille thickness to middle dimension.

L3c: 520 x 335 x 235mm, also add 12mm for grille thickness.

Originally posted by Ehill View Post
      Also is there a pre sale list I could sign up for?
      As long as you're in the thread we'll contact you in order of requests received. Thanks for being aboard!

Comment

• Thanks for the reply.

What would you recommend for me?

Our movie / 2nd living room we like to listen and watch movie about 50/50.

Our room is 15x13x8 foot ceiling.

For music we listen to Rock, Country, R&B and pretty much anything that sounds good.

When the wifey is out shopping I like to play my music loud like call the cops loud 😉👍🏻.

We always enjoy loud movies who doesn’t right.

We have a RSL Speedwoofer 10 for a sub already.
        It’s a nice sub for music and movies.

Would you recommend 3 L3c for the front LCR stage.

Or would It be better to do two L3’s and one L3c?

Are the L3 more musical than the L3c?

I’m interested in what you would recommend for my scenario.

Kind regards....

Comment

When the wifey is out shopping I like to play my music loud like call the cops loud 😉👍🏻.
          Patent-pending loud is still a little hard to judge. Some guys need a wall of 18" and ten thousand watts so it's hard to say. But coming from a single 10" powered sub I'd say your value move is actually a pair of TAI-190.

Would you recommend 3 L3c for the front LCR stage.
          Without hesitation. In the same way a three-speaker A2.4 system works so well, a three-speaker L3c is even more fidelity. Huge image when fed well, and clean.

Are the L3 more musical than the L3c?
          You actually could say that, although only slightly. And it depends on your definition and what kind of music.

The L3 is a classic design type executed a level above most. But the L3c, stood vertically, is more sensational. Bigger, louder, and more expansive. The L3 is a purist's speaker, in the same mold as a lot of classic stand monitors. The L3c in stereo is a little bit of a freak. More alike than they are different, and a lot bigger, but you do get what you pay for.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post
            Without hesitation. In the same way a three-speaker A2.4 system works so well, a three-speaker L3c is even more fidelity. Huge image when fed well, and clean.
            Put me down for 3 then. lol

Comment

• Very interesting Chane read...

https://www.chanemusiccinema.com/ind...ormation_id=11

Can’t wait to try out the new line.

Comment

• While we’re waiting would you be able to post pictures of the crossover networks on the L3, L3C and the A2.4?

Also could you share any of the CAD drawings or any pics of the internal bracing on the speakers mentioned above?
                👍🏻
                Last edited by Ehill; 07-29-2020, 11:16 AM.

Comment

While we’re waiting would you be able to post pictures of the crossover networks on the L3, L3C and the A2.4?

Also could you share any of the CAD drawings or any pics of the internal bracing so the speakers mentioned above?
                  👍🏻
                  The A5.5 crossover pic posted in the A Series sub-forum is the grade we use for all models. All Ls and 700's use what is at least standard for a premium product, if not a level above: Solen caps instead of yellow Mylars, perfect wind air coil inductors in low current locations and heavy, A Series-like iron cores on high current locations. The rest is standard fare too; like audio resistors in treble circuits instead of cement boats, and synthetic, through-hole circuit boards.

I don't have 3D CAD for the cabinetry, but it's all braced MDF, typically 18mm except for 25mm baffles on the L6, L7, 753, and 752. If you know how heavy the A5.5 is you know about what we're doing...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post

The A5.5 crossover pic posted in the A Series sub-forum is the grade we use for all models. All Ls and 700's use what is at least standard for a premium product, if not a level above: Solen caps instead of yellow Mylars, perfect wind air coil inductors in low current locations and heavy, A Series-like iron cores on high current locations. The rest is standard fare too; like audio resistors in treble circuits instead of cement boats, and synthetic, through-hole circuit boards.

I don't have 3D CAD for the cabinetry, but it's all braced MDF, typically 18mm except for 25mm baffles on the L6, L7, 753, and 752. If you know how heavy the A5.5 is you know about what we're doing...
                    Perfect can’t wait....

Just incase three L3c is above my budget will the A2.4’s be back in stock around the time the L3c are released?

I’ve budgeted $1,200 for a new LCR combo.

Also do you guys allow local pickup in the Tampa area?

Many thanks...

Comment

Just in case three L3c is above my budget will the A2.4’s be back in stock around the time the L3c are released?
                      The L's will come out before the A2.4 and A1.5 restock.

Also do you guys allow local pickup in the Tampa area?
                      We do, for the As. The Ls and 700s ship from the Midwest.

Comment

• I've noticed a trend lately with some speakers moving back to large woofers. What's the reasoning behind the L7 using four 6.5" midbass drivers as opposed to something like two 8"? Trying to keep the cabinets slim for the average living room space, more economical (cheaper and/or less drivers to keep in stock), better performance, work better in sealed cabinets...? Maybe to keep the "L" line consistent and not make the L6 excessively large? Most of us will use these speakers with subwoofers so we don't really need the bass extension but was curious as to why more "smaller" drivers instead of fewer larger ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spidacat View Post
                          I've noticed a trend lately with some speakers moving back to large woofers. What's the reasoning behind the L7 using four 6.5" midbass drivers as opposed to something like two 8"? Trying to keep the cabinets slim for the average living room space, more economical (cheaper and/or less drivers to keep in stock), better performance, work better in sealed cabinets...? Maybe to keep the "L" line consistent and not make the L6 excessively large? Most of us will use these speakers with subwoofers so we don't really need the bass extension but was curious as to why more "smaller" drivers instead of fewer larger ones.
                          The L line is based on the 6.5" midwoofer and won't go to a larger size. The 700 series is based on the 8" woofer. Both will also use smaller drivers for other models but the L line probably won't use anything larger.

The only deciding factor is the typical lifestyle limit.

Comment

• Looking forward to the L line of speakers from Chane.

Could you share the SB Acoustics part numbers for the tweeters and woofers for the L3?

Thanks...

Comment

• Tweeters looks like the SB Acoustic SB29RDC “ferrite” or the SB29RDCN-C0004 “Neo”

The woofer looks like the SB Acoustic SB17NRXC35.

I could be wrong but either way SB makes some nice gear.

very nice...!
                              Last edited by Ehill; Yesterday, 08:32 PM.

Comment

• Hi Jon,

Quick question from a buddy of mine that is interested in Chane.

His question is that he does 100% home theater and is looking at the smaller footprint Chane line of speakers.

For strictly home theater which would you recommend out of the following?

L3,LC3,L3

A1.5,A2.4,A1.5

LC3,LC3,LC3

A2.4,A2.4,A2.4

He already owns a couple of subs.

His movie room is 15x14x8

Many thanks from Orlando, FL
                                Last edited by Ehill; Yesterday, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X