Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, it'll be tricky finding entertainment furniture to tuck away the big L6. Coincidentally today I had installers move my tv wall mount up slightly so the L6 can rest on top of my current entertainment furniture.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roady86 View Post
      Are we still taking notes on interest? I'm awaiting final numbers but L6 or L7 would be a nice upgrade from my current A1rx-c's!
      We certainly are. Let us know and we'll include your name.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mac4k View Post
        Is there a list for L3c, L3 or surround ?
        Nope, just the same list. Added!

Comment

• Could the L6s be stood on end and used as "tower" speakers? I have a max height of 32" and looking for a good solutoin

Comment

• Originally posted by copperhorse73 View Post
            Could the L6s be stood on end and used as "tower" speakers? I have a max height of 32" and looking for a good solutoin
            Technically the L6's driver asymmetry and it's small design concession to the natural acoustical loading of nearby furniture and back walls says the L6 is not an ideal vertical L&R speaker. If you did so anyway, used in mirror image pairs with tweeters outboard of midrange drivers would be the best scenario, and if they're semi-built in or in the vicinity of large surfaces the energy below a few hundred cycles balances more than acceptably.

Functionally, these are relatively minor points and you'd probably be hard pressed to spot any glaring deficiency of a mirror-imaged vertical L6 pair. I'd wager the general excellence of these drivers in this arrangement as a whole speaker outweighs the technical theory of two fairly minor elements within it.

That's probably a round about way to say we won't market them as verticals and we won't formally recommend them that way, but they'd probably be acceptable anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post

Technically the L6's driver asymmetry and it's small design concession to the natural acoustical loading of nearby furniture and back walls says the L6 is not an ideal vertical L&R speaker. If you did so anyway, used in mirror image pairs with tweeters outboard of midrange drivers would be the best scenario, and if they're semi-built in or in the vicinity of large surfaces the energy below a few hundred cycles balances more than acceptably.

Functionally, these are relatively minor points and you'd probably be hard pressed to spot any glaring deficiency of a mirror-imaged vertical L6 pair. I'd wager the general excellence of these drivers in this arrangement as a whole speaker outweighs the technical theory of two fairly minor elements within it.

That's probably a round about way to say we won't market them as verticals and we won't formally recommend them that way, but they'd probably be acceptable anyway.
              Great, thanks! Would you please add me to the interest list. I'm ready to pull the trigger as soon as you have them.

Comment

• Don't forget that the L6 was designed to mounted horizontally, so there's no outriggers or any kind of "footer". Hard to say how stable it will be stood up on end. You might want to start looking at options to make sure it doesn't wobble or fall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spidacat View Post
                  Don't forget that the L6 was designed to mounted horizontally, so there's no outriggers or any kind of "footer". Hard to say how stable it will be stood up on end. You might want to start looking at options to make sure it doesn't wobble or fall.
                  That's a really important point and I'm embarrassed to not have included it. The L6 is about as flat as it can be and still house all five drivers, meaning that as a vertical column it's thin. It has no stabilizing feet, which is another reason - a primary one - we won't recommend it as a vertical speaker. Please ensure that if you do so you take all care. We can't be responsible...

Comment

• We have a holiday weekend update for everyone. The initial L order arrived this week for final assembly, test, and packaging. Production is commencing and since this is the easy part, we don't except too many issues, at least that we can't solve. Once we have throughput we'll also have the final BOM and from that can determine rollout prices.

As I noted in the 700 series and subwoofer threads, we have a new website with these products mostly prepared. Whether we launch the L models with it or before it publishes we don't know, but we will launch. We'll notify you here, on Twitter, and with our usual newsletter, which will resume 2020 with its first edition with this product launch. In fact, expect three newsletters, one each for the subs, the 700 Series and then for the L Series, in approximately that order, back to back.

There is one snag, however, although I don't think it's a severe one. Through the Covid-19 crisis some supply chains had taken things cautiously, among them the US supply for the high end SB Acoustics drivers used in the L models. We've snapped them all up but we'll have to resort to flying more in from abroad in order to populate all of the L cabinets we have in production. This could interrupt us from time to time (and it'll surely cost Chane more) but I don't see it causing a long term interruption, if any interruption at all.

Cabinet-wise we'll bang the reorder button just as soon as we see a run rate for these models. We intent to carefully tune our just-in-time process with all costs in order to make L a value leader, even if it is in a rarefied performance strata. The second cabinet production, for those of you who had been watching for this, will be all-black. The front and back milled baffles remain the same for both flavors, but part of the plan had always been to offer finish options for the casework between them. Both areas - the end baffles and the casework between them - are executed using a very modern option set and we intend to exploit it and move into as many case finishes as the fine balance between customer demand and lowest fulfillment cost allows. But the second order is all-black, so if you're leanign that way, it's coming.

More will post here when we have it. Links to purchase pages will follow, and for the list in the first post in this thread, so too will coupon codes. Thanks for hanging in there. I really like this stuff and I hope you do too. Oh, and expect some reviews. I'm sure they'll occur.

Comment

• Wow so close now, Thanks for the update Jon - and while its been a long process to get to this point, I (and I'm sure others here as well) sure do appreciate your time and efforts to bring this series to fruition, I sure hope the logistics will work out in my favor and I do actually end up with the full set I would like and have been waiting for (all 11 !), Although very tempting at times - I have held off several very good specials on other brands choosing to wait for the mighty L(ane) series instead!, and they're finally on the horizon! :) , thanks again, and I look forwards to the announcements and news letters.

Comment

Cabinet-wise we'll bang the reorder button just as soon as we see a run rate for these models. We intent to carefully tune our just-in-time process with all costs in order to make L a value leader, even if it is in a rarefied performance strata. The second cabinet production, for those of you who had been watching for this, will be all-black. The front and back milled baffles remain the same for both flavors, but part of the plan had always been to offer finish options for the casework between them. Both areas - the end baffles and the casework between them - are executed using a very modern option set and we intend to exploit it and move into as many case finishes as the fine balance between customer demand and lowest fulfillment cost allows. But the second order is all-black, so if you're leaning that way, it's coming.

More will post here when we have it. Links to purchase pages will follow, and for the list in the first post in this thread, so too will coupon codes. Thanks for hanging in there. I really like this stuff and I hope you do too. Oh, and expect some reviews. I'm sure they'll occur.
                        Hi Jon, I must have came in late for that black cabinet option.

Confirming, this would be after the initial production run of the walnut for a black cab? I would prefer for them to slightly match my ARX-5s that I will relocate to the rear section of my setup!

Comment

That's a really important point and I'm embarrassed to not have included it. The L6 is about as flat as it can be and still house all five drivers, meaning that as a vertical column it's thin. It has no stabilizing feet, which is another reason - a primary one - we won't recommend it as a vertical speaker. Please ensure that if you do so you take all care. We can't be responsible...
                          Good point. I’ll probably just go with a pair of L3c. Thanks for the advice, can’t wait to hear these speakers
                          Last edited by copperhorse73; 05-25-2020, 06:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlipCpt45 View Post
                            I must have came in late for that black cabinet option.

Confirming, this would be after the initial production run of the walnut for a black cab? I would prefer for them to slightly match my ARX-5s that I will relocate to the rear section of my setup!
                            Yes, once we get a sense of the walnut versions' run rate we'll do a batch in all-black, where the front and back baffles remain that nice textured molded surface and the center case gets a vertical black ash grain like the A series. Then both enter standard production. Eventually I'd like to offer them in premium real woods and paints for an upcharge too. But first the extreme value models.

Comment

• Yes, once we get a sense of the walnut versions' run rate we'll do a batch in all-black, where the front and back baffles remain that nice textured molded surface and the center case gets a vertical black ash grain like the A series. Then both enter standard production. Eventually I'd like to offer them in premium real woods and paints for an upcharge too. But first the extreme value models.
                              Something similar to Martin Logan's "black cherrywood" finish or Wharfedale's "rosewood" would be beautiful on the L series!

Click image for larger version  Name:	MartinLoganMotion35XT_Black_Cherrywood.jpg Views:	1 Size:	252.0 KB ID:	114883 Click image for larger version  Name:	Wharfedale11-5_Rosewood.jpg Views:	1 Size:	179.1 KB ID:	114884
                              Last edited by cgramer; 05-26-2020, 09:42 AM.
                              New system: Outlaw RR2160 receiver; speakers & subs TBD!

Comment

• CR I agree totally but I cant wait another year first production run it will be

Comment

Working...
                                X