Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chane L Series Interest Thread and List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Interested in a pair of L7s.

    Comment


    • I am very interested in L6 for an LCR setup. Please add me to list if possible.

      Comment


      • And we're back. For prompt forum upgrades, we're now running on the forum-maker's cloud. Check your accounts and get ready for some Ls. They're on the way in.

        Comment


        • About to pull the trigger on a new LCR setup, but before I do so can I get some information on these? Let me know how I can reach out to get this, if needed. Thank you!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by ClemsonChad View Post
            About to pull the trigger on a new LCR setup, but before I do so can I get some information on these? Let me know how I can reach out to get this, if needed. Thank you!
            Four new L models are inbound for final assembly and testing in April. L3 is a classic large 6.5" stand monitor, a 2-way. L3c is the MTM version of it, with two identical midwoofers flanking the same 29mm ringdome tweeter.

            L7 is a large floor speaker, using four 6.5" woofers, a pair of 4.5" mids, and the same ringdome. L6 is a two-woofer center, matching the L7 in drivers except using two instead of four woofers.

            There's more info in the first post in this thread, and as the product clears testing, product pages will appear on the main site.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post

              Four new L models are inbound for final assembly and testing in April. L3 is a classic large 6.5" stand monitor, a 2-way. L3c is the MTM version of it, with two identical midwoofers flanking the same 29mm ringdome tweeter.

              L7 is a large floor speaker, using four 6.5" woofers, a pair of 4.5" mids, and the same ringdome. L6 is a two-woofer center, matching the L7 in drivers except using two instead of four woofers.

              There's more info in the first post in this thread, and as the product clears testing, product pages will appear on the main site.
              Thanks very much. Do you have any pricing and external dimensions for the L3 and L7? The L7 may be too tall for my space (limited by a projector screen on the wall behind the speakers). I may shoot you an email. Thanks!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by ClemsonChad View Post
                Do you have any pricing and external dimensions for the L3 and L7?
                Prices are yet to be developed. I've been estimating that the L's should come in less than twice the cost of a comparable A model, but with one step increase in driver size. In other words, where an A5.5 with its three 5.25" woofers is currently $469, a four-6.5" woofer L7 shouldn't exceed $899. Smaller models like L3 should have even less of a differential.

                L7 is 1175mm without feet, which is about 46.25". Feet are the same as the A5.5.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post

                  Prices are yet to be developed. I've been estimating that the L's should come in less than twice the cost of a comparable A model, but with one step increase in driver size. In other words, where an A5.5 with its three 5.25" woofers is currently $469, a four-6.5" woofer L7 shouldn't exceed $899. Smaller models like L3 should have even less of a differential.

                  L7 is 1175mm without feet, which is about 46.25". Feet are the same as the A5.5.
                  This is perfect. Thanks a bunch!

                  Comment


                  • As I'm planning out my 3.1 system I was hoping to hear some thoughts on the acoustical differences between using 3 A2.4s and 3 L3Cs.

                    Well first of all am I correct in assuming 3 L3Cs for LCR is recommended? Or would 2 L3s and 1 L3C make more sense. I thought I read something about the L3C being very big for putting on a stand.

                    Comment


                    • So Jon If I am going to be stuck inside with the Coronavirus for a month I was thinking what a wonderful time to break in my new L7's and L6 and maybe even a new sub woofer :)

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by TheGief View Post
                        As I'm planning out my 3.1 system I was hoping to hear some thoughts on the acoustical differences between using 3 A2.4s and 3 L3Cs.

                        Well first of all am I correct in assuming 3 L3Cs for LCR is recommended? Or would 2 L3s and 1 L3C make more sense. I thought I read something about the L3C being very big for putting on a stand.
                        The L6 is a long speaker. It also uses a slightly asymmetrical driver layout, meaning that as a horizontal center there is one ideal orientation. It doesn't want to be used upside down because the midrange drivers and central tweeter form a W between the outer 6.5" woofers.

                        Due to these aspects of its layout, it's more challenging as a L&R speaker, even to the point I wouldn't recommend it that way. It's just too long and, to a lesser extent, what would be the vertical driver arrangement in a vertical L6 becomes a little more problematic than in a completely symmetrical speaker like the A2.4.

                        On the other hand, the L3c is much more like the A2.4 with driver size upgrade and a larger air volume to tune the bass reflex alignment. It makes a superb LCR speaker, with the L&R stood vertically. In fact, I felt it gave the L7 a run for the money in terms of sheer soundstage presence and openness. The L7 won out where the sophisticated sound of a larger speaker generally does, and the L7 has an uncanny way of putting sources way up into the corners, but the L3c is a big over-achiever where scale is concerned. If you like the A2.4 you'll like the L3c.

                        Photos have been taken and we should have post-processed copies any day. I think a shot of both models will make all this clear.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post

                          The L6 is a long speaker. It also uses a slightly asymmetrical driver layout, meaning that as a horizontal center there is one ideal orientation. It doesn't want to be used upside down because the midrange drivers and central tweeter form a W between the outer 6.5" woofers.

                          Due to these aspects of its layout, it's more challenging as a L&R speaker, even to the point I wouldn't recommend it that way. It's just too long and, to a lesser extent, what would be the vertical driver arrangement in a vertical L6 becomes a little more problematic than in a completely symmetrical speaker like the A2.4.

                          On the other hand, the L3c is much more like the A2.4 with driver size upgrade and a larger air volume to tune the bass reflex alignment. It makes a superb LCR speaker, with the L&R stood vertically. In fact, I felt it gave the L7 a run for the money in terms of sheer soundstage presence and openness. The L7 won out where the sophisticated sound of a larger speaker generally does, and the L7 has an uncanny way of putting sources way up into the corners, but the L3c is a big over-achiever where scale is concerned. If you like the A2.4 you'll like the L3c.

                          Photos have been taken and we should have post-processed copies any day. I think a shot of both models will make all this clear.
                          For height limitation reasons, I would need to go with the bookshelves for my L&R and a horizontal center. Do you have the exterior dimensions for the L3c and the L6?

                          Comment


                          • I am interested in three L3c's as LRC for my reconfigured living room.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ClemsonChad View Post
                              Do you have the exterior dimensions for the L3c and the L6?
                              The L3c is 510 x 235 x 325 mm, or 20 x 9.25 x 12.8 in.

                              The L6 is 750 x 235 x 330 mm, or 29.53 x 9.25 x 13 in.

                              Comment


                              • Click image for larger version

Name:	3A800.jpg
Views:	883
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	114659

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X