This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BadJRT View Post
    Are the L7 and L6 included in those 6 models?
    They're #1 and #2.

Comment

• John, I just received my A5.5s today. They look great and came shipped with the best care. I wanted to know if mixing A series and L series is worth it, or should you not mix sets? I am wondering if the L6 matches the A5.5s better than the A2.4 in a 70/30 music to movies setup.

Pics of my new A5.5s

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0554.jpg
Views:	969
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	114545
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0555.jpg
Views:	962
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	114546

Comment

• Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
        John, I just received my A5.5s today. They look great and came shipped with the best care. I wanted to know if mixing A series and L series is worth it, or should you not mix sets? I am wondering if the L6 matches the A5.5s better than the A2.4 in a 70/30 music to movies setup.
        I'd keep them within their families - it'll become clearer when you see them side by side. I can't (yet) think of an acoustical reason to mix them.

Nice A5.5s!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post
          I was told last night that cabinets are done.
          Are any of the L cabinets in black?

Comment

• Originally posted by jstewart View Post
            Are any of the L cabinets in black?
            That's a good question. All models come in the black beveled front and back baffles shown in the prototype here. First production has the same case finish too, a walnut-look material I personally like quite a lot.) Second production, which initiate not long after the first are being assembled, will come in A series black sides. Fronts and backs will be unchanged.

Comment

• No more updates on estimated time frames, folks, until photography is done. Let's keep the thread on topic.

Comment

• I plan on moving my Chane A5rx-c full setup to the MBR, so I will definitely be interested in the upcoming L6 & a pair of L7s as my new main theatre/music room setup.
                Last edited by shackz71; 01-06-2020, 02:17 PM.

Comment

• FYI Jon, it looks like something is broken on the forum. Maybe some posts were removed, but every time I visit I still get a notification that blogreader and 1 other have posted on your subscription: ____ but the the subscription name (this one) is blank. Even though I've visited several times, it still shows the same notification. Not a big deal, but didn't know if you knew.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spidacat View Post
                    FYI Jon, it looks like something is broken on the forum. Maybe some posts were removed...
                    The thread is fine - just cleaned it up slightly in anticipation of real news on the L models. Also really looking forward to updating the sub thread on the best value in high performance compact powered subs anywhere, and the 700 series thread on another surprise.

Comment

• We're also in the middle of a minor forum overhaul, which is outlined in a new News post here. L series comment threads are part of a new L Series sub-forum, here, which includes this thread. A brief new introduction to the L series headlines this new forum.

Be sure to check the News now and then post for updates, while L series updates will naturally appear in the threads in this new sub-forum.

Comment

• Update: We expect an end-of-production status any day, and with it photography. Hopefully this is it, folks. It'll be a relief to deliver the news.

And with that news comes content on the 700 series, on lead-off subwoofers, and not long thereafter, on a lot of other things we've spent time on. Meanwhile the fifth and final generation A series is by now the most refined it can be - and has proven a very tough act to beat. What started as a top-rated contender has only improved over time, increment by increment. Nothing we can do will beat its value. Can't be done.

But you want to know about the L's, and that material could be here at any time. Hang in there; and thanks!

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	L7 cab.jpg Views:	0 Size:	46.4 KB ID:	114614

From last month: double-checking driver fit in the L7. Heavy bulkheads inside the cabinet mechanically box each driver frame, sinking vibration to the braced side walls. The mid-treble MTM array uses a pair of 4.5" mids and 29mm ringdome tweeter, plus another custom Chane crossover which is optimized for a highly dimensional soundstage. Bass section houses four cera-aluminum 6.5" midwoofers in a sealed system.

The varying baffle bevel lowers cabinet edge diffraction, and is repeated on the back for visual balance. Look closely to see eight M8 threaded inserts on the bottom, carrying over the anodized machined aluminum outrigger feet and hardware from the A5. Fine pebble black baffles cap a walnut-look center case, and thin black fabric grilles with invisible magnetic fasteners follow the shape of the baffle bevel.

Comment

• Not to be that guy, but it's been about a month since the expected end of production and pictures...

Comment

• Originally posted by Spidacat View Post
                              Not to be that guy, but it's been about a month since the expected end of production and pictures...
                              Not a problem. Just got back from the shore - had a coffee, handed out some dog snacks, and caught up with friends. Beautiful morning too; cool, low humidity, high scattered clouds, enormous red sunrise. You really appreciate that mountain-like air down here when you can get it.

I've owed the thread an update. Not only has it been a month since the EOP we were first told, it's been a year, almost to the day since this thread began and this thread began to prepare for an EOP I thought at the time was two or three months out. This time frame was never the plan.

Here again, the goal has always been very high OEM value, small-batch US production, very high end components, and Chane's design and tuning. We'll get it too, but the constant missed dates from that first OEM step - just the cabinet supply - is crushing. Ironically they build for the top brands in specialty, brand audio. Not among the top brands; the top brands. This is what Chane wants to leverage for you. The trick is that first turnkey run; everything thereafter is relatively easy.

Last announced EOP had been the 10th of this month. It's the 16th. Photography was to have been done in the factory studio. I vetoed it because it's not up to our standards - this stuff has to look fantastic in order to justify itself in the market.

So that's what I know. We'll try once more in the photo studio before just doing it here. You'll be the first to know because you'll be the first to see the tangible results.

The last three years has been invested well and once all this turnkey prep clicks it's a simple matter to repeat as needed, order by order. There's no money in a project like this - the risk/reward ratio can't be justified by profit - but the net result is such a high level of performance-value that every day I'm reinvigorated by the idea. I've another solid dozen other models in the works too, just because they need to be built.

If you can hang in there, please do. Obviously if you can't, you can't, but if you can I think we'll all enjoy the result, which that L7 above hints at. Thanks, folks.

Comment

• Jon

As i sit this rainy overcast morning listening to Vivaldi all I can think

I send you money

You Send me an L6 and a pair of L7's

I Smile :)

Comment

Working...
                                X