• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• n\New Chane A1.4?

So then...what is the new .4? :biglaugh:

Just went up this morning.

:)

Comment

This is exciting news here! Been waiting for this. Jon, what is wrong with the pics? I can't get them to do anything? Was hoping to see the new models. Already posted over at AVS.......LOL!!!!!

Cheers,

Phil
      Tame the PEAKS and minimize the DIPS/NULLS first and YOU will be on YOUR way to bass nirvana!

Comment

Nice! When will be available?

Comment

Also, you know I love my MartinLogans planars with wave guides...any chance to retro fit the new Chane planar into the A1? :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by speakerman49 View Post
            This is exciting news here! Been waiting for this. Jon, what is wrong with the pics? I can't get them to do anything? Was hoping to see the new models. Already posted over at AVS.......LOL!!!!!

Cheers,

Phil
            No pics until pre-production test mules arrive. At that point we'll have the usual product pictures plus detailed acoustical and electrical measurements to share.

As the two updated models transpire, we'll post schedules and general press content in News & Reviews and here in the forum. The two new product pages published this morning are preliminary and will be filled in over the next couple of months.

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel! View Post
              Nice! When will be available?
              Don't actually know yet, as production is in its first phase and it does take awhile. It'll be at least couple of months. We'll open pre-ordering before the product arrives, and we might include free freight for first buyers.

Originally posted by Squirrel! View Post
              Also, you know I love my MartinLogans planars with wave guides...any chance to retro fit the new Chane planar into the A1? :salute:
              Not practically, I'm afraid. The crossover is always the most important ingredient, and to dovetail any one driver into any other speaker takes a new crossover design stage. The revised tweeter also means machining the cabinet differently, and the .4 series midwoofer is just different enough to warrant the matching .4 series crossover network as well.

Even though the A1 models are similar, the differences in the A1.4's construction and tuning mean rebuilding the entire speaker, midwoofers and all. The better bet, economically and practically, is just replacing the speaker.

Maybe I should extend free shipping to any past A1 buyer who wants to upgrade to the new model...

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Lane View Post
                No pics until pre-production test mules arrive. At that point we'll have the usual product pictures plus detailed acoustical and electrical measurements to share.

As the two updated models transpire, we'll post schedules and general press content in News & Reviews and here in the forum. The two new product pages published this morning are preliminary and will be filled in over the next couple of months.
                I understand Jon. Appreciate the info that you posted today. I started a thread over at Audioholics and provided a link on the Chanes thread on AVS. Just trying to get the word out there. Hope you don't mind. Also like the free S&H ideas. Hope you sell lots and lots of the new models Jon!

Cheers,

Phil
                Tame the PEAKS and minimize the DIPS/NULLS first and YOU will be on YOUR way to bass nirvana!

Comment

n\New Chane A1.4?

UPDATE JUNE 1st: The new A1.4 and A2.4 clear production mid-July. Pre-ordering will open mid-June.

The product pages for the exciting new Chane A1.4 and A2.4 are now online.

Chane A1.4

Chane A2.4

Both models feature a number of updates, and in one case, a unique solution to an old problem. Click through for more information.

Production has begun, and we'll publish the product arrival schedule here and elsewhere as soon as we have it. Externally the A1.4 and A2.4 are virtually unchanged, but internally include a variety of enhancements.

First, the new Chane A1.4.

• New aluminum treble faceplate and waveguide for 2016
                    • Very high frequency extension to 32.5kHz
                    • Improved acoustical phasing and flatter response
                    • Improved integration with midbass drivers

• 135mm high-excursion SplitGap midwoofer with XBL2 motor
                    • Improved sensitivity and linearity for 2016
                    • Very long, linear cone excursion
                    • Distortion reduced over 50% versus conventional drivers
                    • Aluminum frames, damped cones, and double-ventilated motors
                    • High thermal capacity for reliable, high output

The new model A1.4 is 10mm shallower and 10mm shorter than the A1rx-c. Bass extension has been reduced while sensitivity has been increased. Click the Features and Specifications tabs at the product page for more.

Next, the new Chane A2.4. The features above have been applied to the A2.4 as well, which also includes the following:

• Chane's new 2016 0.4 series precision dividing network
                    • Audibly improved dispersion across big, 50-degree listening window (long axis)
                    • Exceptional acoustical synchronization enhances transient response, "voice", and dynamics
                    • Revolutionizes dispersion and focus for affordable MTM speakers
                    • Unprecedentedly uniform response for 3-speaker, LCR front speaker arrays
                    • Polypropylene capacitors in critical signal areas
                    • Heavy-gauge inductors and non-inductive resistors improve frequency extremes

The new A2.4's dimensions are unchanged from the A2rx-c, but the model now includes a substantial evolution of the A2rx-c's crossover. The new crossover technology pays added attention to the acoustical lobing that can reduce sound quality from MTM (symmetrical horizontal midrange-tweeter-midrange) speakers.

Testing and in-field beta review shows the A2.4 to be a capable performer with equal prowess as a center speaker or powerful vertical monitor for main left and right channels. With its outstanding sound quality Chane M&C projects the A2.4 to be a formidable competitor for high performance multi-channel and 2.0 systems.

Look for both models Summer 2016. Chane Music & Cinema has an email list for customers wishing to reserve either model. Email us here. (Very popular outgoing models A1rx-c and A2rx-c have sold out and are discontinued.)

Comment

Not practically, I'm afraid. The crossover is always the most important ingredient, and to dovetail any one driver into any other speaker takes a new crossover design stage. The revised tweeter also means machining the cabinet differently, and the .4 series midwoofer is just different enough to warrant the matching .4 series crossover network as well.

Even though the A1 models are similar, the differences in the A1.4's construction and tuning mean rebuilding the entire speaker, midwoofers and all. The better bet, economically and practically, is just replacing the speaker.
                    I recall you mentioning this before in a separate thread and in the countless emails we've traded. Basically the crossover is such an important but possibly over looked portion of a full range system. I read countless threads discussing driver or amp specs with little mention of the crossover.

In this case you could cut a few corners, save a few bucks upgrade the drivers with no regard to the crossover but then the SQ the Arx/Chanes are know for disappears or diminishes to such a degree people notice. And I'd venture in this case, even if most didn't notice you'd know and I don't get that's your style, you seem to be a just a do it right when it comes to market type of guy :applause:

Maybe I should extend free shipping to any past A1 buyer who wants to upgrade to the new model...
                    Sounds like a sweet offer. I may have to trade a few more dozen emails w/ ya. After the emails we traded you had me thinking 2.4 but I'm really really eager to hear some info on the L7 and L6 series :biglaugh:

Comment

Hello and good morning Jon. The "email us here" link is NOT working for me. I want to reserve a set of the A2.4's possibly (3) of them. When, I click the link it does nothing. Not sure if my Pop-up blocker is the reason? Still trying to sell my Ultras. If I do, then I will go ahead and just order (3) of the A2.4's. Before it is all said and done, may end up with a set of the A1.4's as well. Things are only looking up Jon! Have a very blessed day. GOD Bless!

Cheers,

Phil

Comment

Originally posted by speakerman49 View Post
                        Hello and good morning Jon. The "email us here" link is NOT working for me. I want to reserve a set of the A2.4's possibly (3) of them. When, I click the link it does nothing. Not sure if my Pop-up blocker is the reason? Still trying to sell my Ultras. If I do, then I will go ahead and just order (3) of the A2.4's. Before it is all said and done, may end up with a set of the A1.4's as well. Things are only looking up Jon! Have a very blessed day. GOD Bless!

Cheers,

Phil
                        It's a blocker of some sort. [email protected] is the usual address...

Comment

It's a blocker of some sort. [email protected] is the usual address...
                          Email sent. Thanks for the info Jon. Hope all is well. I am sure you are very busy. Have a blessed afternoon!

Cheers,

Phil

Comment

Working...
                          X