A3rxc or A5rxc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A3rxc or A5rxc?

I'm trying to figure out what's best for the left and right channels. The room is 14ftx19ft. Receiver is a Marantz NR1504, and seating position is about 9ft from the couch to the tv.
    Mainly gonna be watching movies with the occasional music, not going to be really loud either. I'm debating between the A3rxc or the A5rxc. Or would the A1rxc's suffice?

I've already got a A2rxc for the center and planning on getting some Fluance AVBP2 for the rear channel, and still debating on the sub.

Here's a picture of the room. (edit, it's supposed to be a photosphere but i guess I can't share it or something)

Open to any and all suggestions :)

A5s are more efficient and impressive. Will work better on a receiver and with A2s IMO. A3s are more for stereo listening only.

Love my A5s.

Comment

I only have 1 A5rx-c at the moment. The other should be here today. All I can say is the sound is impressive. No longer are tones pushed together like my old **** bookshelf speakers. I can actually hear the separation of tones from any music genre. I wish I could remember the song, but it was a guitar playing. I could hear the actual thumb or pick hitting the strings. I don't know if it is because of the extra 2 drivers, whether they are crossing them over to separate work for each driver, or if this is just the difference of crappy speakers to good speakers.

I am absolutely amazed and can't wait to be amazed later today when I get the other channel. When I can crank this up to a 2.1 system, I will be happy.

Comment

Either one will do you an ample job. The problem is upgraditis! I mean for about $155 dollars, you can get the A5 and never look back. Unless you want to want to wait on the latest enhanced A5 & take advantage of the group buy! Oh decisoins, decisions, decisions.:)

Comment

The more I listen to the A5's the more I love them. I just wish I could feed a better source to them other than online music channels that cut out frequently. When they are playing, they are so smooth and easy to listen to. I am not sure what is on the inside of the A5's. I have to assume each of the 3 woofers have separate duty and all 3 are not doing the same work. Regardless, these are so smooth and sexy to listen to. Since I will never have another pair of speakers in the house to compare them to, there is nothing to negatively effect my thoughts on them. I can easily compare them to my **** 301 series which are horrible in comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by bigrednole View Post
            The more I listen to the A5's the more I love them. When they are playing, they are so smooth and easy to listen to. I am not sure what is on the inside of the A5's.
            The three midwoofers operate in tandem, sharing a common acoustical space, and the midrange has it's own subenclosure. It's a 3-way design.

Thanks for the nice words, BRN. You're hearing what we'll talk a little more about when the new site launches, which is quiet cabinetry (you've noticed how heavy they are), low distortion drivers, classic acoustical design, and tuning. Add them up and they'll make music, as you're finding.

Comment

Originally posted by Quenten View Post
              Either one will do you an ample job. The problem is upgraditis! I mean for about $155 dollars, you can get the A5 and never look back. Unless you want to want to wait on the latest enhanced A5 & take advantage of the group buy! Oh decisoins, decisions, decisions.:)
              Any idea when the release date for the new Enhanced A5 will be?

Comment

Soon I hope! These are one of my main recommendations for people asking about what speaker to buy.

Comment

Yes. I too have been sending people here, only to find out there is another delay of some sort or another. :eek:

But I am confident Jon is doing everything in his power to get his stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel! View Post
                    Yes. I too have been sending people here, only to find out there is another delay of some sort or another. :eek:

But I am confident Jon is doing everything in his power to get his stock.
                    They're in production and I'll have an arrival schedule to share any day now.

Comment

Will there be any opportunity to preorder/group buy, like with previous A5rxc releases/refreshes?

Comment

I would be interested as well.

Thanks

Comment

We're pleased to say that the A3rx-c and A5rx-c, with minor updates, are finally about to restock. We expect the first shipment to arrive approximately January 15th. The new Chane webstore will accept early orders for these models Christmas week, and we'll include a delivery discount for the first 50 customers.

Customer shipping should resume about the third week in January. Chane thanks all of you for your kind patience during restocking.

Comment

I had the A3's and A3rx-c. I now have the A5rx-c and A2rx-c. I like the A5's much better than the A3's for stereo music. For movies both are sound the same.

Comment

Working...
                            X