• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D'Argo
    replied
    Originally posted by audio.novice View Post
    Hello all,

I am a newcomer to Chane speaker forums. I heard about Chanes while I was browsing the avsforums. You guys have a very loyal following over there, people have a lot of good things to say about Chane speakers. Anyhow, as of right now I don't have any speakers and while I am waiting for the A5rx-c's to be available I need some speakers to tie me over. I want to buy a pair of A3rx-c's for L/R and a A2rx-c for center. Once I get my hands on the A5rx-c's later on down the road; will I be able to use the A3rx-c's as surround speakers?

By the way, I use a Denon X5200W and I failed to mention that I do have a subwoofer, it's a dayton audio SUB-1200.

PS: if anyone has a better idea of speakers for me I am always open to ideas. I just want L/R/C for now until I can buy the A5rx-c's.

-Michael
    Michael,

Yes, you can use the A3rx-c's for surrounds later on although it depends upon your application if it's the best use of funds and the A3's. You can also consider using A1's or A2's (depending on the size of your room and your listening levels). I read in another forum that most of the surround channel has 80 Hz and up anyway (and may not make best use of the A3's capabilities if that makes sense). I leave it to the more knowledgeable folks here to comment on that as well. The A1's/A2's can also be wall mounted or put on stands (vs. the footprint of the A3); this may be a advantage/disadvantage depending on your space or application. Not sure if that's a concern or not.

Since you already have a sub, you can set the crossover at 80 Hz and use the A1's or A2's as LR for now while waiting for the A5's. For my application, I use the A1's as surrounds and haven't found them lacking. I used them as LRs while waiting for my A5's as well and they were great. For my ears/listening levels, I found greater midrange detail when I replaced the A1 (LR) with the A5s mostly when I use them for 2 channel music listening vs. 5.1 HT. Your experience may vary. Hope this helps.

Regards,
    D

Leave a comment:

• audio.novice
    started a topic Using A3rx-c's as surrounds?

Using A3rx-c's as surrounds?

Hello all,

I am a newcomer to Chane speaker forums. I heard about Chanes while I was browsing the avsforums. You guys have a very loyal following over there, people have a lot of good things to say about Chane speakers. Anyhow, as of right now I don't have any speakers and while I am waiting for the A5rx-c's to be available I need some speakers to tie me over. I want to buy a pair of A3rx-c's for L/R and a A2rx-c for center. Once I get my hands on the A5rx-c's later on down the road; will I be able to use the A3rx-c's as surround speakers?

By the way, I use a Denon X5200W and I failed to mention that I do have a subwoofer, it's a dayton audio SUB-1200.

PS: if anyone has a better idea of speakers for me I am always open to ideas. I just want L/R/C for now until I can buy the A5rx-c's.

-Michael
Working...
X