A4rx or A5rx-c Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A4rx or A5rx-c Center

Was just wondering if anyone has any news on the A4s or the A5rx-c center channel that was to be produced. Sorry if this has already been asked before.

When were these supposed to be made?

Comment

This is he first time I hear about this. I would definitely would be interested in a bigger center channel.

Comment

The A4 was to be a compact onwall speaker for surround and effects channels. It was a very popular concept and I'd like to offer such a model asap.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Lane View Post
          The A4 was to be a compact onwall speaker for surround and effects channels. It was a very popular concept and I'd like to offer such a model asap.

That would be great. I'm still looking for surround speakers to complete my 7.1 set up. I can't really find anything I like. The ones I like cost too much.

Comment

The bigger center speaker is the A6/L6 which is discussed in the Skunkworks area, thread titled The Chane L7 Thread. I'm hoping this won't be a dedicated horizontal center speaker, but rather a L,C,R WTW design which could be used vertically and horizontally.

Here is the thread (go straight to post #15)....

http://www.chanemusiccinema.com/foru...7-thread/page2

As a personal note, for a center speaker, I would rather have an A5 (which is vertical) that is shorter in height (under 35" (only 2 woofers instead of 3)).
            Last edited by gdstupak; 07-05-2015, 05:13 PM.

Comment

I have to agree that the Chane lineup needs a center that better matches the A5 towers. It a challenge to level match the 8ohm center to the 6ohm towers of varying sensitivity across multiple volume points. My wife listens at a different volume compared to myself or my kids. I'm always messing with the center gain which is annoying and something I haven't had to deal with on my past few sets of speakers that were better matched.

Comment

Working...
              X