X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INTEGRATED AMP SUGGESTIONS FOR 2CH A5RX-CS

Hello everyone,

This is my first post.

My beautiful a5rx-cs are delivered on Tuesday one day earlier than scheduled. :biglaugh:

I hooked them up with my Pioneer vsx-1124(90WPC) and I immediately noticed fuller and richer sounds coming out than a1rx-cs.

However, I feel honestly some lack of power from my pioneer.

So I decide to move on 2ch integrated amp for more dedicate power and quality.

Creek evolution 50a or Rega brio-r are on my radar, those are about 50WPC.(about $1k, my max budget.)

Do you guys think those British integrated amps make my a5rx-cs really shine?

I know this is very general silly question, but any ideas will be appreciated.

Thank you.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 04-16-2015, 03:08 PM.

If you don't mind buying used you can get some nice deals on amps at www.audiogon.com Here is one that could be an option for you. https://app.audiogon.com/listings/mu...sonville-fl--2

Comment

If your AVR has pre-outs get a couple of external amps or a two channel amp.

Comment

My favorite integrated amps have all been tube amps. Something from Jolida or Cayin would fit your budget. Example: http://www.usaudiomart.com/details/6...46-cayin-a50t/

Comment

I used pre outs and an emotiva 2 channel amp, the A5's as my r&l. Sounds great to me, when I get to use the room. Requires me to displace a 16 yr old son, due to 70" LCD. Sore subject:mad:, but fantastic sound, IMHO.

Comment

If you don't have a record player and want to stream digital files, consider this.

I got a Yamaha A-S501 and the YBA-11 bluetooth adapter.
            I run Tidal and other apps stream to the YBA from my mobiles.
            I use the optical input from my TV's Audio Return Channel.

I have a few analog inputs left just in case I want to add some old school gear later on.

Sound is like night and day compared to my Yamaha RX-A700 receiver. Now I can move that receiver somewhere or sell it!
            The energy from the speakers is visceral and impactful. I'm also surprised how low the A5s will play with proper amplification. They put out some serious bass!!

Also, with regards to power ratings, the Yamaha A-S501 must be seriously underrated because I can only get to about 1/3 volume before it's too loud for me, and I like it loud!

There are other brands that have this sort of setup but I have a preference for Yamaha so YMMV.
            Last edited by alligatorman; 04-20-2015, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X