A5rx-c to debue in the HTS High End Amp/Seaker Eval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A5rx-c to debue in the HTS High End Amp/Seaker Eval

Hey guys, HTS is sponsoring another evaluation. This time they are putting 8 high end amplifies & 4 sets of speakers through their paces, including Jon's brand new A5rx-c. The event is starting this Thursday & continues through the weekend. Looking forward to see how they preform with quality amps driving them. It will be a strictly 2 channel, stereo event.
    Last edited by Quenten; 03-10-2015, 03:32 AM.

This will be very interesting.

I have a set of the new A5rx-c's on order but as far as I know .. no one has ever heard them. Well, Jon has, but no reviews and a lot of folks like me are are waiting for the ship to dock. Speakers to ship and hook em up and see. We put our money where our heart was and we are waiting for some GOOD SOUND.:) A really nice review will make it even harder to wait.:) The fact that HTS has picked them to test with high end amps makes me feel warm and fuzzy.:)

Comment

Links so you don't have to hunt for the threads:

Home Theater Shack 2015 High-End Amplifier Evaluation Event Preparations Thread

Home Theater Shack Hosts "The 2015 High-End Amplifier Evaluation Event"

Comment

Happiness

This makes me happy... very, very, very happy. I read that HTS review of the original A5 towers over and over again like it was a novel I couldn't put down.

Now, if that darn boat would just dock itself so I can start listening to my investment.

:D

Comment

I really hate to put a damper on things, but with the A5rx-c delayed by the labor dispute, it's not going to make the HTS amplifier event. (Personally disappointing too because amplifiers have plenty to do with how a speaker sounds, especially when the speaker isn't heavily flavored itself, and the A5rx-c isn't.)

We'd hoped to supply a pair of special A5rx-c builds to HTS as a backstop - painted with rounded corners but stock A5rx-c in all other ways - but the crossovers for them have been delayed too. This may still happen, but it's going to take some real logistics choreography and good luck...

There is good news, however. Review requests for the A5rx-c are plentiful and once we have stock we'll be filling them over the Spring. There'll be plenty of coverage of this model in the slightly longer run.

Comment

To be honest, after hearing the A2RX-C I don't care what anyone else thinks about the A5RX-C. I know it will just be more awesome.

:biglaugh:

Comment

Sorry to hear that Jon, I know how good they are & I feel like people respect & trust our judgement @ HTS. I must agree that they sound good enough for me (and it doesn't matter what others think). It 's just for the others that read these reviews & benefit from the straight, honest opinions. But it is what it is...and I'm sure Wayne will love to put them through their paces when you are able. I thought it was a nice touch that they pictured them in the eval thread. On a side note, the majority of posters are interested in them over the other speakers. Word has gotten out my friend. My interest was more in the evalution with the different amps. And I don't know if that will be possible at a later date. We can hope!

Comment

Quenten,

I just read every page of the associated threads at HTS and am very interested in seeing the final results. I think that the ABX crazies from other forums will always impugn the test if it doesn't confirm their own biases (not adhereing to strict protocol, etc.), but it seems to be done practically, efficiently, and professionally. I appreciate how Sonny, Leonard, et al are transparent with the methods.

Being a huge Parasound fan, I'm excited to see what that particular amp receives for the sighted tests versus the ABX.

Logistics crap happens (with regard to the A5rx-c) and it would make little sense to delay the test for any one product.

Comment

Hey Buford, congrads on the promotion. Nice to be doing what we love! Kinda like listening to Arx speakers.

I think that the ABX crazies from other forums will always impugn the test if it doesn't confirm their own biases (not adhereing to strict protocol, etc.
                  Yep, you're gonna have some of that. That is what keeps me away. Some of those guys are just plain rude. You can count on a straight forward, honest eval @ HTS with the focus being on what is important...how it really sounds. I was proud to be in the first shootout, so I know first hand how much effort is put into it. And considering the soundstage, imaging & clarity the A5's deliver for the cost. Amazing! That is why I was so interested in hearing the C version with some quality amps. Hopefully Jon will be able to get them a pair soon (there is already talk about doing another one).

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTJustice View Post
                    Quenten,

I just read every page of the associated threads at HTS and am very interested in seeing the final results. I think that the ABX crazies from other forums will always impugn the test if it doesn't confirm their own biases (not adhereing to strict protocol, etc.), but it seems to be done practically, efficiently, and professionally. I appreciate how Sonny, Leonard, et al are transparent with the methods.

Being a huge Parasound fan, I'm excited to see what that particular amp receives for the sighted tests versus the ABX.

Logistics crap happens (with regard to the A5rx-c) and it would make little sense to delay the test for any one product.
                    Hey Collin, what promotion are we talking about my friend, congrats as well even though I don't why I'm congratuating you.:D

Cheers Jeffrey

Comment

Originally posted by jnordi View Post
                      Hey Collin, what promotion are we talking about my friend, congrats as well even though I don't why I'm congratuating you.:D

Cheers Jeffrey
                      Hey Jeff! Well, it's a big honor. I'm now cross sworn with a state wide agency and am the new head forensic video and audio recovery and analysis agent at my agency. I'm excited!

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTJustice View Post
                        Hey Jeff! Well, it's a big honor. I'm now cross sworn with a state wide agency and am the new head forensic video and audio recovery and analysis agent at my agency. I'm excited!
                        Well deserved indeed my friend, I'm excited for you. When will your TV documentary series begin:)

Congrats Colin, very proud of you my friend.

Best Regards, Jeffrey Nordi

Comment

Working...
                        X