Arx surround speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arx surround speakers

Jon, I recall an Arx surround speaker was discussed before. Any chance of a design similar to the BG Radia R18? I believe the R18s have a knob on top and you can rotate the ribbon driver to suit diffusion or direct radiation. It's an interesting design compared to the usual surround speakers. It also only has one mid woofer vs. two in conventional designs. Not sure if the Arx tweeter can be used as open baffle and can be rotated. I can imagine the hurdles with this design. Anyway, just raising the question here at the skunkworks. I hope you don't mind the link below.

http://bgcorp.com/PDFs/R-18i-literature.pdf

I'd like to come back to the A4 soon. It'd likely be dual midbasses and a single open tweeter...

Comment

Jon,

Proud owner of A3rx-c's for L/R (so beautifully musical) and A2rx-c as a center for the past couple of years. My friends (including a friend who literally supervised the install of Michael Bay's most recent home theater) have nothing to say but 'wow'

The A4's have been 'skunkworks' for a few years now. Is there a plan to make this happen within the next year or so?

I only ask because I have plans on pulling a few (Energy Classic working-as-surrounds) speakers for my kids first stereo system and would love to have some quality replacements for the surround fill...

Thanks,

Andy

Comment

Hi Andy,

I'm sorry we haven't been able to move faster, but the A4 is still planned. We have to publish the new (delayed) website, and then the next version of the A5 will appear shortly after. From there I think we'll be ready and willing to take a crack at the A4. Please stay tuned!

And thanks for that mention of a certain filmmaker's AV guy. That really brings a smile because it reinforces the nearly unanimous reaction Chane sound gets (preferably after a good setup and some break-in.) Really nice to hear that (and maybe one day I can pester you to offer him a listen to other things I'd like to create. ;))

Comment

Jon,

I'm sure my friend would be more than happy to listen, as he's happily listened to music on your speakers whenever I have him over for dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Lane View Post
            Hi Andy,

I'm sorry we haven't been able to move faster, but the A4 is still planned.
            We have to publish the new (delayed) website,
            Check.

and then the next version of the A5 will appear shortly after.
            ....on it's way sooo check.

From there I think we'll be ready and willing to take a crack at the A4.
            :D

I'm dying for this. I have 3 A 2rx-cs as LCR w/o surrounds (have not been able to incorporate them in living area). Now living situation has changed and am searching around for surrounds to complement them. I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out what to do. Considered A1s and have toyed with going with A5s and moving A2s to the rear. I've looked at other brands, but I appreciate Chane and want to stick with the family... it's so blasted hard to wait

Comment

Originally posted by Meander View Post
              I'm dying for this.
              Me too, Meander, me too. It could come sooner than expected, so please stay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by ahughes03 View Post
                Jon,

Proud owner of A3rx-c's for L/R (so beautifully musical) and A2rx-c as a center for the past couple of years. My friends (including a friend who literally supervised the install of Michael Bay's most recent home theater) have nothing to say but 'wow'

The A4's have been 'skunkworks' for a few years now. Is there a plan to make this happen within the next year or so?

I only ask because I have plans on pulling a few (Energy Classic working-as-surrounds) speakers for my kids first stereo system and would love to have some quality replacements for the surround fill...

Thanks,

Andy
                Hi Jon, just, checking in, and I'm really excited to see you're moving forward with the A7's!

I'm really hopeful that your next project will be some form of surround speaker, as I'd assume there are a fair number of us who enjoy your front-staging but haven't pulled the trigger on A-1's (or other options of your wonderful speakers for surround applications) for various reasons (in my use-space, they'd be too big and/or too nice to be delegated to back-staging).

Thanks for any updates/timetables you might be able to give. I'm really appreciative of your craft, and look forward to whatever you end up doing with surrounds!

Comment

Originally posted by ahughes03 View Post
                  I'm really hopeful that your next project will be some form of surround speaker, as I'd assume there are a fair number of us who enjoy your front-staging but haven't pulled the trigger on A-1's (or other options of your wonderful speakers for surround applications) for various reasons (in my use-space, they'd be too big and/or too nice to be delegated to back-staging).

Thanks for any updates/timetables you might be able to give. I'm really appreciative of your craft, and look forward to whatever you end up doing with surrounds!
                  Thanks for bringing that up, ahughes, and thanks for the kind words. Yes, we've needed a small utility speaker for forever. Once the L7 and L6 come to pass, I suspect there'll be a small model in there that we can use for on-walls, effects, surrounds, or even desktop or small-scale monitoring. I know just what they'll be. Just need to make it happen...

Comment

Working...
                  X