A3rx-c vs A5rx-c

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A3rx-c vs A5rx-c

Im interested in getting two A3rx-c's or two A5rx-c's but I am new to home theater and I cant make up my mind. Ive tried researching as much as I can but its not helping me decide. What are the differences between them? Id say its about 60/40 movies/music. I already purchased an A2rx-c for my center channel and two Powersound V1500 subs. Which of the two tower speakers would mix better with those? Im leaning towards the A3's because there cheaper but money isnt a big deal if the A5's would be better. My room is 8ft tall by 12ft wide by 25ft long. Also would getting towers for my surrounds be better than the A1's? im going to be running 5.2 first and if i feel like i need to upgrade to 7.2 later on i will. I have a Denon 4520CI coming via ups on Thursday which will power my center and left and right mains. Im going to want amps for my surrounds when i get those so any suggestions on which amps would be good for this setup would be highly appreciated. Thank you and i look forward to reading anyones opinions.

I'm in the same boat as you. I called Jon and asked him this very question a few minutes ago. He said the A3 are a bit more musical and are equally great for home theater depending on your needs. The A5 is a bit easier to drive and will play louder with a fuller sound. The A5 would likely be better for home theater and the A3 for music unless you listen at moderate levels the A3 should suffice for double duty. My plan is to buy the A3s first. If they don't have a full enough sound for movies I will move them to my office and buy the A5 provided I like them :) Haven't heard either yet. Another factor for me is listening distance. We will likely be at a 10-11ft from speakers to ears and I don't listen at insane levels so I'm hoping the A3 will be fine. I'm debating on selling my Focal 726V and matching center channel and replacing with the Chane line. Big decisions. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Corey54 View Post
      Im interested in getting two A3rx-c's or two A5rx-c's but I am new to home theater and I cant make up my mind. Ive tried researching as much as I can but its not helping me decide. What are the differences between them? Id say its about 60/40 movies/music. I already purchased an A2rx-c for my center channel and two Powersound V1500 subs. Which of the two tower speakers would mix better with those? Im leaning towards the A3's because there cheaper but money isnt a big deal if the A5's would be better. My room is 8ft tall by 12ft wide by 25ft long. Also would getting towers for my surrounds be better than the A1's? im going to be running 5.2 first and if i feel like i need to upgrade to 7.2 later on i will. I have a Denon 4520CI coming via ups on Thursday which will power my center and left and right mains. Im going to want amps for my surrounds when i get those so any suggestions on which amps would be good for this setup would be highly appreciated. Thank you and i look forward to reading anyones opinions.
      Use the amps for your front L,R,C and the 4520 for surround duty.What amps you plan on getting?

Comment

Originally posted by audiojunkie View Post
        Use the amps for your front L,R,C and the 4520 for surround duty.What amps you plan on getting?
        Is there a reason for using the amps for the fronts? Like I said I'm new to this. And I'm not sure which amps. Suggestions would be helpful. I have some experience with car audio but I've quickly learned that home theater is a totally different ball game.

Comment

Is there a reason for using the amps for the fronts? Like I said I'm new to this. And I'm not sure which amps. Suggestions would be helpful. I have some experience with car audio but I've quickly learned that home theater is a totally different ball game.
          Well,your Front L,R,C are the most important speakers in any system.Adding separate amps to your front will give you better dynamics,power and uniform sound field.Surround can be handled by your AVR and using Audyssey on the Denon will handle all that.
          Looking at the 4520ci seems like plenty of power for your needs,IMO it might be more beneficial to spend on sources
          then amps.Although,if your set on separate amps look at Emotiva and Outlaw,they have solid amps at good prices.
          Also,search out other forums and get a good idea what your getting into.

Comment

Agreed, that Denon has enough power to drive the speakers. It would be more productive to spend the money on room treatments.

Comment

Originally posted by Quenten View Post
              Agreed, that Denon has enough power to drive the speakers. It would be more productive to spend the money on room treatments.
              Could you give me a link to a site that sells good room treatments?

Comment

Originally posted by audiojunkie View Post
                Well,your Front L,R,C are the most important speakers in any system.Adding separate amps to your front will give you better dynamics,power and uniform sound field.Surround can be handled by your AVR and using Audyssey on the Denon will handle all that.
                Looking at the 4520ci seems like plenty of power for your needs,IMO it might be more beneficial to spend on sources
                then amps.Although,if your set on separate amps look at Emotiva and Outlaw,they have solid amps at good prices.
                Also,search out other forums and get a good idea what your getting into.
                Thanks I will look into them

Comment

Could you give me a link to a site that sells good room treatments?
                  Corey, here's one that I usually read about in other forums: http://www.gikacoustics.com. You may need to call them to get their advise for your room. You may also need measuring tools/microphones to see exactly what's going on and what you need to correct/tame in your room. I read on a forum where someone over treated his room and killed all the high frequencies. Other more seasoned folks said that you're flying blind without measuring tools/sw. Anyway, I haven't gone to this stage yet in my audio journey (no dedicated space for me yet). I'm just passing on what I've read. May be the other folks can chime in. Hope this helps.

Comment

The A3s are incredible and an unbelievable deal at their price point. I could only see them being unsatisfying in the largest of rooms, which yours isn't.

I think the idea to try the A3s first is on point. You'd probably love them enough to leave them wherever they go. The A5s basically have more output, if you decide that's what you need. They have more initial sensitivity and will simply project more treble and midrange than the A3.

I can testify that the A3s are amazing for movies. They handle effects with great realism, accuracy, and impact. But they just sound so damn good with music that I would never give them up.

That being said, I'm in on the A5rx-c group buy and am literally dying to hear them in my main system.

Comment

Working...
                    X