A2rx-c vs A3rx-c for music only.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A2rx-c vs A3rx-c for music only.

I have a question. Looking to setup a music 2 channel system. The way the room is setup bookshelves would work better but I am willing to try and make towers work if they will be much better for music. Especially since there is only about $80 difference between the models. Do the 2s work well for music or are the 3s that much better? Thanks.

Generally speaking, if you do not have a subwoofer incorporated into your system, I think you should consider the towers for both extension and output. If you do have a sub, then the only advantage with the towers would be output.

Comment

Hello, marjen.

If you are thinking of setting speakers on a bookshelf, I would urge you not to. Most speakers like to be away from boundaries.

I feel the A3 would be best for a 2 channel only system, with the A2 performing well for a mixed 2 channel/home theater system.

Comment

A3

I agree with Dennis (Tess), the A3 is the way to go with a two channel music system, I also reco a decent sub, it can never hurt. Don't get me wrong the A2s are a unique speaker and suited for both HT and music but the nod has to go with the A3. The extra clean output and ability to dig deeper will really impress and you don't have to worry about stands which may end up costing you more than the difference between the A3 and A2. I personally don't think there is any thing to think about, do it, go for the A3s and never wonder what if:)
        Cheers Jeff

Comment

After a lot of debate and some info from Jon, I decided to go with the A2rx-c. My room just really does not have the right place to put the towers as much as i would like them. Hoping the 2s are real close and provide some really nice sound. Worst case down the road if I like these but feel i am missing something, they could move to theater duty and I could grab a pair of 3s. Cant wait for them to show up to put them through their paces.

Comment

Congrads on the purchase, if you have never heard the "Arx sound," you are in for a real treat. I think you are gonna enjoy them a lot. If you are putting them on stands, don't forget you can rotate the tweeter as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by marjen View Post
              After a lot of debate and some info from Jon, I decided to go with the A2rx-c. My room just really does not have the right place to put the towers as much as i would like them. Hoping the 2s are real close and provide some really nice sound. Worst case down the road if I like these but feel i am missing something, they could move to theater duty and I could grab a pair of 3s. Cant wait for them to show up to put them through their paces.
              You're not going to be disappointed at all, the 3s have a little more output and dig a little deeper (you probably wouldn't notice). I've had them up front LCR in both the horizontal and vertical center orientation and was hard to tell the difference although if you have the room put the center upright. If you're going to use the horizontal placement don't forget to turn the tweeter a 1/4 turn, easy to do, take the screws out and push the tweeter out from the rear port, you can just get your hand in there and push the tweeter out, worked well for me and a lot easier than trying to take it off from the front, ENJOY.
              Cheers Jeff:)

Comment

Thanks guys. Looking forward to trying them out. Currently have a pair of Def tech so 450s. They are ok but just not really doing it for me. Will report back when the chanes arrive. Probably not till next week.

Comment

Congratulations on the purchase. Just remember to give your Arx time to break in.

Comment

Working...
                  X