Places to Demo Chane Products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Places to Demo Chane Products

It would be of great help to new buyers if they could preview Chane offerings!

I heard at Craig's place, the new Theater-10s, and ARX 5s together, as well as Song Towers, and although, mainly interested in Cinema Loudspeakers, think that many would like to hear what owners have and can share.

Even if it's friends going over to another's house, or maybe Jon having an impromptu GTG too, I think this place would benefit greatly by not only personal reviews, but, broader exposure of "Music and Cinema".

What do you owners think about offering your general location, and home to a listen by an enthusiast?

We buy, and enjoy, isn't it time to share?

GTG's are great, though the require a bit of planning & investment. One of the best times I've had with HT is when Sonnie put on the $1000 speaker eval @ HTS & invited me to attend. What a great time & fabulous experiance. It's where I learned about the A5's & just how good they sound.

Proximity is an issue, I was close enough to be able to drive over. Another important factor is knowing who is coming. The last thing anybody needs it somebody coming over just to case the joint! But maybe I'm a bit paranoid! Anyway, people in the forum who have represented themselves well, at least have some appeal. Heck, when I get my theater finished, I may be able to have a GTG at my place (planning L7's if all goes well). I'm certainly willing to have some of you guy's over!

Comment

I'd be happy to do it in oregon. Can certainly demo subs and sho10s.
      LCR: Gedlee Abbeys for LR and Nathan for Center Surround & rear 4 x Sho10's
      Subs: 4 x 18.2
      Electronics: Marantz SR7002, Acurus 200x3 (LCR), PS3, HTPC, CDP300, Mits HC1500, Elite Peregrine 2.35 156" Acousticpro4k

Comment

Quenten - sounds like with the line-up, you had a very intense but fun evaluation experience! Yes, the A5 shines in such a careful setup. As to who comes to a GTG, Craig only invites outlaws, and radicals :biglaugh:, (thanks for inviting me, specifically), so it was great fun. I tried my best, but just a short setup time clouds my mind - is that sound more true to it's recorded setting? Unless a big difference is present, it's difficult to grade. I need more training and exposure. If more owners opened up, we could experience what they do.

dguarnaccia - you know with those Abbeys, and the excellent theater setup you have, if I make it out to WA again, you're my first phone call.

I'd also invite anyone to hear a version 1 Chase setup, unfortunately, it's not a dedicated HT, with open room, and bookcases instead of sound absorbing panels. I just had the point re-instated that a mic boom/stand is the ONLY way to do a proper full Audyssey setup. I wonder how Jon does a critical listening - no room correction between each design eval? Sorry for the bait and thread topic switch.

Comment

You got it SB, would love to have you over and drink some fine Oregon Pinot. After a hard day of listening, we'd have to adjourn to the front deck and look at this for a while...

Electronics: Marantz SR7002, Acurus 200x3 (LCR), PS3, HTPC, CDP300, Mits HC1500, Elite Peregrine 2.35 156" Acousticpro4k

Comment

Is that a race track? Look like horse evidence as well!

Nice view with a Cuestra Ray Centenario as well.

Comment

Lol, it sure looks like it. It's our outdoor arena my daughter riders her quarterhorse it. Need to get out there and drag that thing and kill the volunteers in there. My favorite is a Trinidad Fundator...

Comment

I have SHO-10 fronts, PRO-10 surrounds and duals VS-18.1 w/Dayton SA1000 amp, if anyone wants to get a taste of the Chane high efficiency sound.

Comment

Working...
                X