Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Concerned about my sales experience so far...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concerned about my sales experience so far...

I am having concerns about my purchasing experience so far and wanting to see if others had similar issues. I purchased a set of A3's last week on Tues (today is Wed the next week). After 2 days of the order sitting in "pending" state I emailed and Jon responded the FedEx tracking numbers should arrive within 24 hours. After that time passed I emailed again, and he said he would ask "the warehouse to research". After another day I emailed again, and Jon again said he would ask the warehouse to research. Another email on Monday, same thing, still waiting on the "warehouse" to get back with us.

Its now 6 business days after my purchase and Jon emailed me this morning saying he sent another request to them to get back with him, and to please ship the speakers if they havent done so. ??? I am baffled here at the disconnect between the sales and fulfillment process. Jon seems like a very nice guy, and I see many people are happy with the product. I know mistakes are made all the time. But 6 days later and I am still in the dark as to whether the order was received, shipped, even in stock, etc.

OP, as I explained in my email to you this morning, delays in order fulfillment are completely atypical. As I also explained, this does not prevent even a world-class international warehouse missing a couple of them a year and us needing to do manual follow-up and correction, which takes time. There is no such thing as a perfect process, at least one that I've seen.

I may have also mentioned that operations also lost two days last week for the holiday, one weekday, and the other week end. This pushes recent shipping transactions and all follow-up two days further out.

I also mentioned that if a customer needs anything reasonable we're available. I apologized for the delay and I do so again here.

We remain committed to as high a degree of customer value and satisfaction as we can be. If you care to correspond, we're here.

Comment

Thanks you for the response Jon. My biggest concern is that you are just as much in the dark as I am about the status of the order. Its just crazy they would not give a response back within 24 hours of contact, even after repeated attempts. If I knew they were on the way, I wouldn't be in my current purgatory of doubt state I am in.

Comment

I know this doesn't help matters at all… but my experience purchasing here was spectacular. I feel I have been educated in sound reproduction by my time spent on the forum and talking to Jon… this is an added bonus to me, and is as valuable as the KICK ASS Arx A3's I received right on time last week. Thank you Jon for making the experience so valuable/memorable. The product is worth the wait.

Things happen with small businesses that rely on outside vendors that are beyond control, it's just the way it is. I own a large format print shop in VT, and we sub contract out certain types of printing like business cards. There is nothing more frustrating for us then facing a client who needs the product by a certain date, but is delayed by the wholesaler for some reason, be it shipping challenges, backorders, or whatever. It's tough for the client and reseller, but it's the nature of the beast.

Comment

Yep I agree things happen sometimes, and am a very patient person when it comes to understanding those situations. The issue here though is more than just a mistake made in the handling, its a complete lack of communication from Jon's supplier. No offense to Jon, but I only hear him defending them as a world class organization. World class organizations make mistakes yes, but they also promptly reply to requests about whats going on. I have no idea if the items are on the way, backordered, discontinued, or what. There is zero communication. I will continue to wait though, my main fear is being told weeks later that the items are not available now, and I wasted a lot of time.
          Last edited by Croy9000; 04-23-2014, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Croy9000 View Post
            The issue here though is more than just a mistake made in the handling, its a complete lack of communication from Jon's supplier.
            As any customer would expect, we are in contact, typically a number of times a day. We just didn't have data to pass on that would have given our customer his requested tracking. As I write this the pair of A3rx-c are docking and while I don't yet know why they did not leave nearly a week ago, at least we know we'll have tracking soon. You'll have it before we will so check your inboxes, including spam traps and folders. As I mentioned by email, about twice a year an order gets fumbled and we have to go back and rescue it.

I have no idea if the items are on the way, backordered, discontinued, or what.
            They are not backordered and they're certainly not discontinued. Our biggest problem is keeping them in stock.

There is zero communication.
            I'll continue to communicate as I have been, including double-mailing the tracking when we have it. You'll see it first, however, direct from the shipper's server.

I will continue to wait though, my main fear is being told weeks later that the items are not available now, and I wasted a lot of time.
            That's never been our policy.

Comment

As I write this the pair of A3rx-c are docking...

That is literally the first bit of solid information (other than we are researching) I have gotten about where the process is. Thanks for the update Jon. Will be looking for the tracking numbers.

Comment

Got tracking numbers today. Looking forward to receiving the speakers next Wednesday.

Comment

I almost had to wait 30 days to receive my PSA-XV15. I had a great purchase experience with Jon. The only issue I've got is not being able to get 3 Arx emblem for my speakers since my kids misplaced the ones that came with them.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeNap View Post
                    Things happen with small businesses that rely on outside vendors that are beyond control, it's just the way it is.
                    The business chose the shippers and that makes them responsible for them. Pretty obvious.
                    Last edited by SoCalCyclist; 08-11-2015, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalCyclist View Post
                      The business chose the shippers and that makes them responsible for them. Pretty obvious.
                      Yet it certainly doesn't put Jon in control of these variables. Blood from a stone at some point. It's certainly not as if Jon isn't being responsive.

I recently had a HUGE F-up with Amazon for some seriously expensive studio audio equipment. Amazon was listed as the seller, but it was "fulfilled" via another (reputable) third party. There was a deadline involved, vast amounts of additional shipping charges were paid to meet said deadline (we're well over $5K at this point), and come D-day we had JACK SH*T. Nothing. Phone calls to Amazon were met much like Jon responds; with friendly and responsive professionalism. BUT, Amazon didn't have any of the widgets that I ordered to send in lieu of my original "fulfiller".

Not much that they or I could do. Blood from a stone at that point. The best laid plans of mice and men. And this was for an ongoing and time-sensitive law enforcement investigation of a missing person. Didn't make it any more possible to violate the laws of physics. This is certainly bad news, but it doesn't seem to necessitate making a take-a-dump-in-public post, rehashing information that was already freely given in private by Jon. Just my $.02. Take for what you paid for it.
                      Last edited by BufordTJustice; 08-13-2015, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X