Trial of A2rx-c

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trial of A2rx-c

I am anxiously awaiting the availability of the newest version of the A5 speakers. All the reviews of the Arx speakers are impressive. I am trying to upgrade from Infinity p363 and center for my HT. I had considered the Energy RC70 (available at my local Fry's), but decided to wait for the Arx speakers.

While waiting for the A5's, I thought about ordering the A2rx-c first. Just in case it is not for me, it would cost less to pay for return shipping then ordering a pair of A5's and the center and having to return the entire set.

What do you think is the best way to test the A2rx-c? Should I just replace my center and use it together with the Infinity speakers?

Thank you for your help.

I would say yes, replace the center and give it enough break-in time. If you use it for movies, majority of the dialogue will come from the center anyway. You maybe able to turn off your LR and the other speakers to see how the A2 really sounds (by itself) or you can hook it up as a mono speaker. I did this while waiting for my A5s (had the same thoughts) but I had A1s for LR duty. It took a couple of weeks for me to break them in. I also had a "movie" setting on my AVR where music mostly comes from the center channel.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I just placed an order for the A2rx-c. The shipping estimate said not till next Monday! I hope it can get here by Friday.

I know the updated A5's will not be released till "spring." Technically, it is spring now:) Anyone know if we are very close?

Comment

Originally posted by duluth5 View Post
        Thanks for the input. I just placed an order for the A2rx-c. The shipping estimate said not till next Monday! I hope it can get here by Friday.

I know the updated A5's will not be released till "spring." Technically, it is spring now:) Anyone know if we are very close?
        Congratulations. I have the original A2 (prior version) and I love it. It is less forward than my prior speakers (less ear fatigue). I also run it full range (set = large) with the port open. You can experiment with the settings that you like best.

Yes, it's very hard waiting for updates but the Arx speakers are really worth the wait.

Comment

Working...
        X