Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A5 vs Energy RC-70

Hello members,

First time posting on this forum. Thank you for all the great information!

I was in the market to upgrade from my Infinity p363 speakers for a home theater setup. My local Fry's has a great deal on Energy RC-70 towers and the LCR for the center. But during my research, I found the ARX line and all the great reviews.

Does anyone have any experience in comparing the A5 with the RC-70? Price wise, they are very similar.

RC-70s sound smooth and so clear, when compared to the Infinity. I was so close to buying them, but the A5 seems amazing as well.

Thanks you in advance!

Hello,

I own the Energy RC-70's and a RCLCR for a center and have heard the A5's briefly. The A5's I heard where in a different room with different material that i typically listen to so I'm not sure how much of what I heard is a good comparison. I think sound wise both are very good. The Energy's I have significantly more time with and I believe they are very good but believe the A5's are probably close. On paper the RC70's should go lower if you don't have a sub but if you do this really shouldn't matter. The RC70's are larger but not what I would consider large and the finish is comparable between the two. Does Fry's have the center in stock? I know they can sometimes be hard to find. Long story short I don't think you will go wrong with either speaker you choose.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help out with.

Comment

Thank you so much for the reply! My local Frys have the speakers in stock. The decision is harder as the A5s are being upgraded to the next generation!

Comment

Do they have the speakers setup to listen to? If so I would suggest trying them out. You won't find a ton of recent information about them since they are discontinued but they are very good speakers. I definitely enjoy mine and think they are worth the money.

Another option if you are interested in Energy are the Energy Veritas V6.3 that Amazon currently has on sale. I haven't heard them in person but supposedly they are great.

Comment

Originally posted by d12d View Post
          Do they have the speakers setup to listen to? If so I would suggest trying them out. You won't find a ton of recent information about them since they are discontinued but they are very good speakers. I definitely enjoy mine and think they are worth the money.

Another option if you are interested in Energy are the Energy Veritas V6.3 that Amazon currently has on sale. I haven't heard them in person but supposedly they are great.
          Veritas 6.3 now being assembled in China. They are not the same quality as the originals constructed in Canada. Not saying they are bad but an orphaned child once klipsh bought them.

Comment

I had the A5's with an Energy RC-LCR (Center channel from the RC-70 line) and I found the tweeter veiled and not as open and clear as the A5's. I put my head between the 2, and it was kind of night and day. I had to turn up the center loud to be able to compete with the articulate and clear nature of the planar magnetic tweeter.

I since got a 3rd A5 to use as a center, and its a pretty insane difference with dialogue clarity now. Just my 2 cents good sir.

Comment

Thanks for the reply about your experience with the center channel. I think I will wait for the next generation A5s.

Comment

Working...
              X