Surrounds for A3rx?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surrounds for A3rx?

I've been sifting through the forums looking for suggestions for surround speakers to match with current A3rx-c and A2rx-c speakers. While there are some ideas for the older generation tweeter, I don't see much for the current line. Can anyone give me some suggestions as to what might be a good match for these as a wall mounted surround?

Thank you in advance.

Originally posted by supersonic View Post
    I've been sifting through the forums looking for suggestions for surround speakers to match with current A3rx-c and A2rx-c speakers. While there are some ideas for the older generation tweeter, I don't see much for the current line. Can anyone give me some suggestions as to what might be a good match for these as a wall mounted surround?

Thank you in advance.
    I bought the (awesome) A2rx-c speaker and more recently a pair of Mirage Nanosat surround speakers to accompany it. I'll have them hooked up this weekend so I'll let you know how they sound. I bought the nanosats because I needed monopole speakers with good dispersion due to the fact that they had to be mounted on a wall directly behind my seating position. Apparently they have great 360 degree dispersion due to their "omnipolar" technology. Side surround speakers are supposed to "discretely" envelop you with sound rather than direct it right at you like your mains.

If you have room behind your seating area you may want to consider bipole or dipole speakers to really throw the sound around the room. I've heard some good things from the Axiom QS8 surround speakers. Hopefully Jon will come out with some Arx surround speakers that will perfectly match the rest of the series this year. I'd be more than happy to beta test them for him. (ahem)

Comment

Thanks for the response. I look forward to reading your feedback.

Comment

Any updates on this set up? I currently have A3rx-c and A2rx-c for fronts, and the original A3 for surround. However, if we are trying to buy a house, and the living room area doesn't really play well with towers for surround and surround back speakers. So, I am looking for replacements.

I was thinking of going with in wall speakers or in ceiling speakers, but I don't feel comfortable making holes in the walls. So, now I am looking into satellite speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by GFOviedo View Post
          Any updates on this set up?
          Nothing definite, GFO. We'd like to announce this model and we'll update here first when the time comes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Lane View Post
            Nothing definite, GFO. We'd like to announce this model and we'll update here first when the time comes.

Sounds good. We are still in the process of buying the house. A few things have come up, which is going to extend the time a little bit longer. I am hoping we get to close soon.

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

Working...
              X