A2rx-c placement advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A2rx-c placement advice needed

I have to build a custom wall shelf to mount my A2rx-c, and was wondering if I could get some advice.

How much space between the back of the speaker and the wall would you recommend in order for the port to breathe freely? Or would you recommend using the port plug?

Would you recommend using rubber washers between the brackets and the shelf and/or wall to dampen vibrations?

Thanks!

Toronto Guy - What is the rest of your system, and how big is the room? It is likely you will want to plug the port for such close or on wall placement. The washers are not going to hurt anything - especially for shelf placement.

Comment

Update

I had a quick chat with Jon and have come to the conclusion that I'm going to wall mount the TV and sit the A2rx-c on top of the entertainment stand.

Comment

The reasoning behind my decision is that I don't want to sacrifice any sound quality and diminish the A2rx-c's performance capabilities. Besides, my wife wants the TV to sit a little higher anyway... It's win-win. Although the wall mount cost has to come out of my speaker fund... Oh, well. It will just take a little longer to get those A5s.

Comment

Originally posted by Toronto Guy View Post
          Although the wall mount cost has to come out of my speaker fund... Oh, well. It will just take a little longer to get those A5s.
          Toronto Guy, not sure what (size) TV you have. I bought AEON wall mounts online for close to $20. I'm sure there are other sites that sell close to this price as well. Below is a link to the one I used (AV-express). They have free shipping as well (not sure if that applies to Toronto - I'm assuming you're in Toronto...).

http://www.av-express.com/AV-Catalog...-wall-tv-mount

Apologies to the mods if the link above is not welcome. I just want to help out Toronto Guy and for him not deplete his A5 funds too much...

Comment

Also, you can check out monoprice, a quick look showed about 150 different wall mounts, I saw this_one for $9.33 that would hold a 55" 110lb tv if you don't care about tilt.

Comment

Thanks for the TV mount links. I've already ordered one from Kanto in Canada: http://www.kantoliving.com/product/mounts/fmx3

I wanted one that articulates because our seating area is a sectional couch that is slightly off centre from the TV. I figured I'd buy one a little heavier duty than required (it takes up to an 80") in case I upgrade my 55" TV down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by D'Argo View Post
                Toronto Guy, not sure what (size) TV you have. I bought AEON wall mounts online for close to $20. I'm sure there are other sites that sell close to this price as well. Below is a link to the one I used (AV-express). They have free shipping as well (not sure if that applies to Toronto - I'm assuming you're in Toronto...).

http://www.av-express.com/AV-Catalog...-wall-tv-mount

Apologies to the mods if the link above is not welcome. I just want to help out Toronto Guy and for him not deplete his A5 funds too much...
                Your link is appreciated ... no worries. This is the type of community we want here. :)

Comment

Toronto Guy - good stuff talking to Jon.

And guys - I will be on our IT team to make sure we can post pics in threads here, if at all possible. The links to pics are nice, but live pics in the threads is MUCH better.

Comment

Originally posted by craigsub View Post
                    Toronto Guy - good stuff talking to Jon.

And guys - I will be on our IT team to make sure we can post pics in threads here, if at all possible. The links to pics are nice, but live pics in the threads is MUCH better.
                    Photos would be cool... Is there a way to subscribe to the various forums/threads?

Comment

Originally posted by Toronto Guy View Post
                      Photos would be cool... Is there a way to subscribe to the various forums/threads?
                      There's a gallery feature in the forum. How to exploit it gets the same answer that the subscription questions gets: It should be in your user control panel, although it wouldn't surprise me in the least if we'd have to do something in the administrator to make it fully functional.

We're moving to the next gen of the forum software in the next short while, and after that quantum leap we'll mine into all the features and make sure they're all active. It'll be good stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X