Just ordered a pair of A2rx-c

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just ordered a pair of A2rx-c

I just ordered my A2rx-c speakers from the group buy! I was waiting for the Chane website to come up, but I couldn't wait any longer. I'll be using them nearfield on my PC, mainly for gaming, but also for youtube use and for music from an ipod. They'll be driven from an Audiosource Amp-100 with 12 gauge speaker wire. I'll post pictures as soon as I'm able and a small comparison review between them and my infinity p163 speakers once I get them broken in a bit.

Looking forward to hearing your impressions.
    Jack

Comment

Chris - Thank you for not waiting, for your order, and for joining our forum! Looking forward to your listening impressions - have fun breaking your new "2's" in, and please keep us all posted !!

Comment

Looking forward to your impressions, Chris. Just make sure and get at least 20 hours of whatever-you-want playing on them before the comparison eval.

Comment

My wife has been listening to her music pretty much non stop the last couple days so I know they've been broken in pretty well thus far - they sound better and better each day when I come upstairs and do a bit of listening myself. She's also very happy with how good her music sounds on them (although she just has logitech multimedia speakers so it's not a fair comparison at all).

The setup is simple. The pair of A2rx-c, connected via 12 gauge speaker wire to an AudioSource Amp 100. The input to the amp is a 3.5mm headphone to RCA Left/Right. It's being plugged into an ipod mini or into my PC depending on who is in control of the listening content.

As of right now I'm listening to the Hobbit sound track and all I can say is "WOW". Compared to the Infinities there's more separation between instruments, and the music itself just sounds much fuller. String instruments sound like I'm in the room as they're being played. The A2rx also seems to have a much better sound stage to me as well. Needless to say I'm happy as a clam with these speakers. I look forward to (long term) getting the living room entertainment center upgraded to them.

As I listen to more content I'll add some more impressions to this thread. My next major listen will be a long gaming session in World of Warcraft. It's the next best thing for me since I play a lot and I'm very familiar with the soundtrack, ambiance, and sound effects that are used in game. I'll give those impressions as soon as I find the time to do a long play session.

Comment

I was able to play WoW yesterday for several hours, as well as listen to several other songs and videos that are favorites. I again can say that the new speakers present more details that the Infinity 163's didn't. I hear things that I'm not used to hearing in about everything I listen to. Even my wife was noticing new things in some of the videos and songs she listens to every day or 2. I don't believe I'll ever have to search for another set of speakers again - the ARX seem to give me everything I've wanted plus some. I *might* search for a small subwoofer (8" or 10") just for a little more low thump, but when it comes to just being accurate and giving me details and a forward presentation I couldn't ask for anything more.

A+++ job on the A2rc-C! Long term once I get everything straightened out with my house and get a couple of more reliable vehicles I'll be getting a full set of speakers for the main entertainment center. I'm impressed with the design, craftsmanship, and the service I've received from TAI, and I know it'll continue here with CMC. Excellent work - you've made a loyal audio customer outta me.

Comment

If your space can afford it I wouldn't go less than a 15" for low frequency duty. It's kinda like how the Arx speakers add a dimension you didn't know existed. Same thing with an appropriate subwoofer.
              Travis

Buying Arx speakers is like Heinz ketchup. Good things come to those who wait!

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                If your space can afford it I wouldn't go less than a 15" for low frequency duty. It's kinda like how the Arx speakers add a dimension you didn't know existed. Same thing with an appropriate subwoofer.
                My space can't afford it. The speakers are connected to my PC in our little office. it's approx 10x12, and on the one wall is my desk, on the opposite wall behind me is my wifes. 15" subwoofer is *far* too large, and even my 12" Jamo subwoofer was too big. really I'm happy with how low the A2rx-c can go, it's more of a longer term thing I'd like to do someday. It's nothing necessary. Honestly before I got a subwoofer (Unless I found one for stupid cheap, like $50 or something) for my PC I would start saving up for some A5 speakers for my living room :-p

Comment

Fair enough. Enjoy. These speakers do have surprising low end authority. When I upgraded my L&R to ARX 3c's more than once I thought my subs were on while listening to music compared to my prior speakers(Pioneer FS-51's).

Travis
                  Travis

Buying Arx speakers is like Heinz ketchup. Good things come to those who wait!

Comment

Working...
                  X