A1B's came in - pic included

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A1B's came in - pic included

I may have mentioned before that because of medical reasons I have a difficult time holding a camera steady. I came across this youtube video on holding a camera steady. I am blown away how much this technique helps, even with slower shutter speeds.

I just had to share this with you guys. Hope it helps you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDsx3...eature=related

Mike

Ahem.... *cough* *cough*.... Mike, for those of us on a dial up, it'll be next WEEK before it can be down loaded, then all it will do is buffer every five seconds. Maybe capture a screen shot with a typed explanation?!? :p
    John W.
    Indy

Comment

John, you probably can ignore it, as it likely won't apply to your camera technology anway....

:huge: good to see around a bit more quad-man.
      As it turns out, I was never banned. I was wrong yet again. First Obama, now this. :)

Comment

Q, I'll try:

1. Hold DSLR in your right hand.
        2. Place left end of DSLR into your chest, right below your shoulder bone.
        3. Place left hand over right hand, snugly.
        4. Look thru viewfinder with left eye.

Before starting all this, take a "boxer's stance" with legs slightly bent at knees.

If your lens is one of the big one's, place left hand under the lens, not over your right hand.

I'm telling ya, this technique is a Godsend for me. The guy who made the video is a world class photog.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Comment

It doesn't work very well if you don't have a pro camera with the extended grip, or don't shoot left eye either.
          With a shovel...

Comment

i just got a 70-200mm f2.8 tamron in today it weighs a ton and was hoping this would help... it doesnt really. i shoot right eye and trying to shoot with my left eye is plain impossible. i cant line it up with the viewfinder correctly and so my framing is basically useless. plus i find myself really having to contort myself to actually lay the camera on the shoulder. maybe im just way too skinny

Comment

Perhaps this is one of the few times that something is made in heaven for us left-handed folks.

Keep in mind that the camera does not sit on top of one's shoulder...just right below it.

Comment

That's a good tip, Thanks. Camara might be a tad smallist to make it work but I'll have to try it some time.

Comment

Originally posted by droht
                  John, you probably can ignore it, as it likely won't apply to your camera technology anway....

:huge: good to see around a bit more quad-man.
                  So Dean, I loaned you my camera almost six weeks ago.... when are you gonna quit taking pictures of it and send it back to me? I miss the old girl. :crying:
                  John W.
                  Indy

Comment

That was a great video.

Thanks

Comment

That was very informative! Thanks for sharing that!

Comment

WTF? We are on page 2 already and no one has posted dweekie's old avatar pic? That girl knows how to hold a camera.

Comment

Just used this method this morning and it worked famously! Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Liu
                            Just used this method this morning and it worked famously! Thanks again.
                            Jon, glad to help. The technique is incredible. I have been outside shooting handheld macro shots. Unbelievable.

Mike

Comment

At first it looked awkward to shoot that way, but after trying it and getting used to getting into that position, it actually was very comfortable!

Comment

Working...
                              X