Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Chane A4.5 surround speaker

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Spawn101 View Post

    I'll be using them as front heights. They'll be running double duty as additional atmos speakers and Auro3D height speakers. They won't be mounted in the "optimal" position for either, but a little in between of what both formats require.
    I unplugged my towers and ran these little guys in their place for a bit just to hear how they sound. I could not believe the soundstage that they created. By using these there shouldn't be any issues with my placement at all. They will be very forgiving.
    I'll see if I can find a link to the VESA mounts I ordered and post it below here.

    https://www.amazon.com/Monitor-Brack...NsaWNrPXRydWU=
    Cool.
    What are you using for surrounds then?

    I thought of getting A4.5 for elevation but I can't justify an Atmos setup as I watch mostly TV shows so about 95% of what I watch doesn't have an Atmos channel. Netflix claims to have Atmos in many of their stuff but their overall sound is so anemic that their so called Atmos audio is likely fictitious.

    I do want these for surrounds though, it's just that I got my surrounds on a back/rear wall fairly close to the couch, so they need a side swivel inwards. The one you linked to may work, but it's fairly close to the wall, and I'm not sure how much of an angle they can do. Would really appreciate it if you could tell me once you got it attached (pics would be great too).
    There are others with an extended arm but the arm makes it a bit bulky. Like this one:
    https://www.amazon.com/WALI-Articula...dp/B01BCUM766/

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by wkrpic View Post
      Cool.
      What are you using for surrounds then?

      I thought of getting A4.5 for elevation but I can't justify an Atmos setup as I watch mostly TV shows so about 95% of what I watch doesn't have an Atmos channel. Netflix claims to have Atmos in many of their stuff but their overall sound is so anemic that their so called Atmos audio is likely fictitious.

      I do want these for surrounds though, it's just that I got my surrounds on a back/rear wall fairly close to the couch, so they need a side swivel inwards. The one you linked to may work, but it's fairly close to the wall, and I'm not sure how much of an angle they can do. Would really appreciate it if you could tell me once you got it attached (pics would be great too).
      There are others with an extended arm but the arm makes it a bit bulky. Like this one:
      https://www.amazon.com/WALI-Articula...dp/B01BCUM766/
      Surrounds are what I've been using for over 20 years. A set of Polk FX500i bipola/ dipole. In my long room they've worked out well. I'm looking forward to getting another set of A4.5's to replace them though. Hopefully in a package deal with a A6.5 and A5.5 upgrade.
      THe VESA mounts worked out really well. I had to trim a little bit with a grinder to open the binding post area, but it wasn't to bad.

      ​​​​​​​

      Comment


      • #48
        It's still under construction in the last photo, but gives an idea of how it's going to look.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Spawn101 View Post
          It's still under construction in the last photo, but gives an idea of how it's going to look.
          Looks spiffing!
          I would really appreciate if you could take a pic of them in full swivel inwards towards each other. I wanna get an idea how much they can swivel with a VESA mount that doesn't have an extending arm.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by wkrpic View Post

            Looks spiffing!
            I would really appreciate if you could take a pic of them in full swivel inwards towards each other. I wanna get an idea how much they can swivel with a VESA mount that doesn't have an extending arm.
            Here you go. I can probably get a few extra degrees on mine because I mounted them on a section of 3/4" thick board that I attached to the wall first. You can see them in the above photos. Unless you're planning on mounting these on the wall and pointing them directly at each other, you should be fine. These mounts allow for a lot of articulation.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Spawn101 View Post

              Here you go. I can probably get a few extra degrees on mine because I mounted them on a section of 3/4" thick board that I attached to the wall first. You can see them in the above photos. Unless you're planning on mounting these on the wall and pointing them directly at each other, you should be fine. These mounts allow for a lot of articulation.
              Thanks, I appreciate it.

              Comment


              • #52
                Would there be any benefit to using the A1.5 over the A4.5 as an Atmos height speaker? I guess I’m really asking will the lower frequency response be utilized for these sounds or would it be null because of the 80hz crossover. I’ll have my A1.5 fronts and A2.4 center soon with a PB-1000 Pro sub and another set of A1.5 rears. I was originally looking at the SVS Prime Elevation but I much prefer the neutrality of Chane but wasn’t sure if the frequency response may make a difference. This will be a 5.1.2 setup and in time 7.2.4 in the future as I upgrade. Figured with the A1.5 on the walls even with a pivot arm I would still need to plug the port effectively making it an A4.5 without the directional angle. Maybe I answered my own question lol.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Miksa View Post
                  Would there be any benefit to using the A1.5 over the A4.5 as an Atmos height speaker? I guess I’m really asking will the lower frequency response be utilized for these sounds or would it be null because of the 80hz crossover. I’ll have my A1.5 fronts and A2.4 center soon with a PB-1000 Pro sub and another set of A1.5 rears. I was originally looking at the SVS Prime Elevation but I much prefer the neutrality of Chane but wasn’t sure if the frequency response may make a difference. This will be a 5.1.2 setup and in time 7.2.4 in the future as I upgrade. Figured with the A1.5 on the walls even with a pivot arm I would still need to plug the port effectively making it an A4.5 without the directional angle. Maybe I answered my own question lol.
                  Chances are you will crossing everything over at 80hz anyway. The A4.5 is good with being right up against a wall because it is sealed. As an elevation/on-wall speaker, I don't think that you can make a better choice to match the rest of your system.

                  Have you received your other speakers yet? Over on the AVS forum it looked like you had just gotten them ordered.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X