New Chane A4.5 surround speaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magic815 View Post
    ...if I will be wall-mounting these as surrounds in a 5.1 setup, they should be in the woofer-up (inverted) position, correct?
    They're designed to aim down when installed above seated ear level. Midwoofer-up, using either the keyholes or VESA brackets. The grilles can flip to keep the name badge on the bottom edge.

My surround locations are ~1.5 - 2 ft above ear level, so I imagine I'd want the front grill to be angled downward toward the listeners.
    Exactly.

Comment

What would be the recommended use for the woofer down position:
      Click image for larger version  Name:	A45angle.jpg Views:	32 Size:	53.1 KB ID:	117657
      I currently use this mounting gear for my surrounds:
      https://www.amazon.com/Mount-Univers.../dp/B01MZE0O8U
      They are actually on the rear wall behind the couch, but as the couch is fairly close I angle them inwards a bit.
      Was also wondering if they can work side sitted like this but thinking tweeter orientation could be an issue:
      Attached Files
      Last edited by wkrpic; 01-24-2021, 06:28 PM.

Comment

I'm betting that the tweeter could be rotated just like on the A2.4

Comment

The A4.5 tweeter can rotate 90 degrees and the speaker can then be flown horizontally.

Comment

Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post
            The A4.5 tweeter can rotate 90 degrees and the speaker can then be flown horizontally.
            Great. Thanks for all the info!
            I don't think it was mentioned, what's the weight of a single A4.5?

Comment

First post in the thread says 9lbs with grilles

Comment

Hi Jon, I just noticed that the A4.5 is available for pre-order. I don't see how to make the purchase though. Please let me know how to give you some money. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Spawn101 View Post
                  Hi Jon, I just noticed that the A4.5 is available for pre-order. I don't see how to make the purchase though. Please let me know how to give you some money. Thanks.
                  The order tab is now available, order placed!
                  Thank you

Comment

Really debating these, shame there is no white option for the WAF. Wonder if I could vinyl wrap them? Not a ding on Chane, there really are not a lot of white options out there unfortunately. Still love my 1.4+2.4 setup.

Comment

Originally posted by poxin View Post
                      Really debating these, shame there is no white option for the WAF. Wonder if I could vinyl wrap them? Not a ding on Chane, there really are not a lot of white options out there unfortunately. Still love my 1.4+2.4 setup.
                      I just received my A4.5's last night. If you have a need for elevation speakers, my advice is just do it. These little guys have already exceeded every expectation I had for them. They are actually to good to be just an effects speaker. If color is an issue, the drivers are simple enough to remove. I'd get a shaker can of appliance epoxy and spray them. The nice thing about appliance epoxy is that it is extremely durable. Just be sure to lightly sand them with a very fine grit sandpaper and then primer them before using the epoxy. For less than $10 you can make these white. The grills would still be black, but it may be enough to satisfy the WAF issue.

Comment

Dumb question, but are people using the clear rubber tabs/"feet" with the A4.5s in the on wall position? Or are those just for when the speakers are sitting on the table?

Comment

I would say the feet would be for placing on a shelve. You probably could put them on the back for wall mounting to limit rattling or vibrations, but I don't know how necessary it would be.
                          I have a set of Vesa mounts coming tomorrow for mine.

Comment

Dumb question, but are people using the clear rubber tabs/"feet" with the A4.5s in the on wall position? Or are those just for when the speakers are sitting on the table?
                            Probably should have quoted you the first time.
                            Thinking about it for a second after my last comment, it may give you a space between the wall and speakers by placing the feet on the back so that you have somewhere to run the speaker wire.

Comment

Originally posted by Spawn101 View Post

I just received my A4.5's last night. If you have a need for elevation speakers, my advice is just do it. These little guys have already exceeded every expectation I had for them. They are actually to good to be just an effects speaker. If color is an issue, the drivers are simple enough to remove. I'd get a shaker can of appliance epoxy and spray them. The nice thing about appliance epoxy is that it is extremely durable. Just be sure to lightly sand them with a very fine grit sandpaper and then primer them before using the epoxy. For less than $10 you can make these white. The grills would still be black, but it may be enough to satisfy the WAF issue.
                              Didn't know they are available already!
                              Would love to see a pic with the VESA mounts once you it them set up. Are you using them for surrounds or Atmos?
                              Last edited by wkrpic; 03-12-2021, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wkrpic View Post
                                Didn't know they are available already!
                                Would love to see a pic with the VESA mounts once you it them set up. Are you using them for surrounds or Atmos?
                                I'll be using them as front heights. They'll be running double duty as additional atmos speakers and Auro3D height speakers. They won't be mounted in the "optimal" position for either, but a little in between of what both formats require.
                                I unplugged my towers and ran these little guys in their place for a bit just to hear how they sound. I could not believe the soundstage that they created. By using these there shouldn't be any issues with my placement at all. They will be very forgiving.
                                I'll see if I can find a link to the VESA mounts I ordered and post it below here.

https://www.amazon.com/Monitor-Brack...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Comment

Working...
                                X