New Chane A4.5 surround speaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magic815 View Post
    ...if I will be wall-mounting these as surrounds in a 5.1 setup, they should be in the woofer-up (inverted) position, correct?
    They're designed to aim down when installed above seated ear level. Midwoofer-up, using either the keyholes or VESA brackets. The grilles can flip to keep the name badge on the bottom edge.

Originally posted by Magic815 View Post
    My surround locations are ~1.5 - 2 ft above ear level, so I imagine I'd want the front grill to be angled downward toward the listeners.
    Exactly.

Comment

What would be the recommended use for the woofer down position:
      Click image for larger version  Name:	A45angle.jpg Views:	32 Size:	53.1 KB ID:	117657
      I currently use this mounting gear for my surrounds:
      https://www.amazon.com/Mount-Univers.../dp/B01MZE0O8U
      They are actually on the rear wall behind the couch, but as the couch is fairly close I angle them inwards a bit.
      Was also wondering if they can work side sitted like this but thinking tweeter orientation could be an issue:
      Attached Files
      Last edited by wkrpic; 01-24-2021, 07:28 PM.

Comment

I'm betting that the tweeter could be rotated just like on the A2.4

Comment

The A4.5 tweeter can rotate 90 degrees and the speaker can then be flown horizontally.

Comment

Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post
            The A4.5 tweeter can rotate 90 degrees and the speaker can then be flown horizontally.
            Great. Thanks for all the info!
            I don't think it was mentioned, what's the weight of a single A4.5?

Comment

First post in the thread says 9lbs with grilles

Comment

Hi Jon, I just noticed that the A4.5 is available for pre-order. I don't see how to make the purchase though. Please let me know how to give you some money. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Spawn101 View Post
                  Hi Jon, I just noticed that the A4.5 is available for pre-order. I don't see how to make the purchase though. Please let me know how to give you some money. Thanks.
                  The order tab is now available, order placed!
                  Thank you

Comment

Really debating these, shame there is no white option for the WAF. Wonder if I could vinyl wrap them? Not a ding on Chane, there really are not a lot of white options out there unfortunately. Still love my 1.4+2.4 setup.

Comment

Working...
                    X