New Chane A4.5 surround speaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Chane A4.5 surround speaker

A new Chane model A4.5 onwall, surround, effects, and desktop speaker is in production. It will stock with the A1.5 and A2.4 restock coming soon.

The A4.5 is a compact sealed version of the A1.5, not using SplitGap and intended for use above 80Hz in standard surround speaker duty. It's a wedge-shaped speaker, shallower at the tweeter end, that can be flown either way up. Two mounting provisions are included.

The A4.5 uses a full-sized 5.25" midwoofer and Chane's planar magnetic tweeter, making it an excellent match in the all-Chane system. Here are a few tabletop snap shots.

Click image for larger version  Name:	A4.5.png Views:	130 Size:	410.0 KB ID:	115573
    Click image for larger version  Name:	A4.5b.png Views:	67 Size:	393.1 KB ID:	115574
    Click image for larger version  Name:	A4.5rear.png Views:	67 Size:	311.4 KB ID:	115575

Features:
    260h x 180w x 220d (mm), with the narrow top section being 150mm deep
    Nine pounds weight, with grilles
    5.25" midbass driver with Chane's cast aluminum frame
    Chane's planar magnetic tweeter with cast aluminum faceplate
    Standard removable Chane black knit grilles with stainless steel pins
    Standard VESA mount pattern - 100mm square with threaded steel inserts - allows for a wide assortment of attachment hardware
    Pair of steel keyhole hangers allow for on-wall mounting. Hangers may be rotated by user to fly the speaker in either orientation
    Ships with four stick-on poly bumpers for either wall or table-top use. (Not shown)
    May be used as a desktop monitor
    Tweeter may be rotated
    (Also not shown is the Chane grille badge and Chane product label.)

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post
      Features:
      260h x 180w x 220d (mm), with the narrow top section being 150mm deep
      Nice! So the bottom part will be deeper and gets narrower towards the top (I guess that's what wedge means)?
      Any estimate on the weight?

Comment

Originally posted by wkrpic View Post
        Nice! So the bottom part will be deeper and gets narrower towards the top (I guess that's what wedge means)?
        Any estimate on the weight?
        The front baffle tips back making the speaker a wedge. Depth is 150mm on top and 220mm on the bottom. All other sides form right angles to one another.

Flipping them upside down makes them a down-firing onwall speaker.

Comment

Yay, and with this I will be able to have all my speakers be Chane/get rid of my awful surround speakers.

I'll second wkrpic on the weight question (mine unfortunately are ceiling mounted so I'm curious if my current mounts will work).

Comment

Originally posted by msweig View Post
            Yay, and with this I will be able to have all my speakers be Chane/get rid of my awful surround speakers.

I'll second wkrpic on the weight question (mine unfortunately are ceiling mounted so I'm curious if my current mounts will work).
            They're just under nine pounds, with grilles.

Comment

They're just under nine pounds, with grilles.
              Thank you.
              I currently have a pair of JBLs for surrounds. They are similar in most dimensions but 1/2 the depth. I don't have much clearance from the back wall to the couch and no sidewalls, so they are mounted something like this thing and angled in:
              https://www.amazon.com/Mount-Univers...dp/B01MZE0O8U/
              You think those would work for the A4.5?

Comment

Originally posted by wkrpic View Post
                I don't have much clearance from the back wall to the couch and no sidewalls, so they are mounted something like this thing and angled in:
                https://www.amazon.com/Mount-Univers...dp/B01MZE0O8U/
                You think those would work for the A4.5?
                Should be fine. You can also use a number of VESA brackets like these. Advantages to the VESA style is low cost, tons of choices, and you have no worry about gripping either end of the box. Flip the speaker if you want too.

Comment

Should be fine. You can also use a number of VESA brackets like these. Advantages to the VESA style is low cost, tons of choices, and you have no worry about gripping either end of the box. Flip the speaker if you want too.
                  Thanks.
                  Yeah, the VESA option is more suitable, I just rather not have to drill new holes unless I really have to :) A swivel is also important so they don't extent too far beyond my head, you VESA example seem to have that so that should be ok. I use a little bit of a tilt down too, but I'm not sure that's essential.

Comment

Jon,
                    With a little mode to the back of these speakers I would think you could use them as Dobly Atmos speakers placed on top of my A5 (the back of the A4.5 on placed on top of the A5). Similar to this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZIQZBTG?tag=aurma-20
                    Cheers,
                    Ken

Comment

These are close in size to my A1. 4 I use for surrounds. Glad Chane has a surround option now. I got lucky and found a mint pair of A1. 4's last year to use as surrounds but if I didn't I sure would buy a pair. I think they will be to big for height channels and mounting.

Comment

Any updates on when these will be in stock? Thanks.

Comment

It would be very helpful if there were photos of these speakers showing the entire speaker and not cropped photos showing only 50%-75% of the speaker body. Please show the entire speaker from various angles.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanarroyo View Post
                            Any updates on when these will be in stock? Thanks.
                            Please see the stock dates post elsewhere in the forum. Ocean passage continues to be fairly sporadic.

Comment

Originally posted by Q's Laptop View Post
                              It would be very helpful if there were photos of these speakers showing the entire speaker and not cropped photos showing only 50%-75% of the speaker body. Please show the entire speaker from various angles.
                              Understood - there'll be a detailed product page in the webstore well before the A4.5 arrives.

Comment

Working...
                              X