Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A6.5 pics or description

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A6.5 pics or description

    I’m looking for a description of how the A6.5 center channel is layed out.

    Also is there a updated version of the A2.4 or A1.5 coming out this year?

    I thought I read something about that in the past about a new version.

    Thanks...
    Last edited by Ehill; 08-02-2020, 11:56 AM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Ehill View Post
    I’m looking for a description of how the A6.5 center channel is layer out.

    Also is there a updated version of the A2.4 or A1.5 coming out this year?
    A1.5 and A2.4 are settled designs. We may move the A2.4 to the .5 naming family but it's still an A2.4.

    The A6.5 will announce a little later this year. A4.5 onwall comes first.

    Comment


    • #3
      Ok thanks...

      These will be my fallback order just incase the L’s are above my price point.

      The A6.5 is a center channel correct?


      Thanks

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Ehill View Post
        The A6.5 is a center channel correct?
        Yes, it is. It's a horizontal A5.5, using a pair of 6.5" woofers instead of the three 5.25" in the A5.5. Same mid and tweeter between them. Bass reflex, front ported, and as compact as we can make it.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post

          Yes, it is. It's a horizontal A5.5, using a pair of 6.5" woofers instead of the three 5.25" in the A5.5. Same mid and tweeter between them. Bass reflex, front ported, and as compact as we can make it.

          Will the A6.5 be a WMTMW or WMTW?


          Thanks...


          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Ehill View Post
            Will the A6.5 be a WMTMW or WMTW?
            WT/MW I suppose - tweeter over midrange (like the A5.5) set between two identical woofers.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post

              WT/MW I suppose - tweeter over midrange (like the A5.5) set between two identical woofers.
              So is that a 3 way design? Am I reading that right?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Gerry View Post
                So is that a 3 way design? Am I reading that right?
                That's correct. Like the A5.5, the woofers are ganged into the same circuit. Add a midrange, then add a tweeter and it's a 3-way system.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Are there dimensions yet for the a6.5? Need to find out if I need to raise my tv to make room for a center bigger than the a2.4

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Khaile88 View Post
                    Are there dimensions yet for the a6.5? Need to find out if I need to raise my tv to make room for a center bigger than the a2.4
                    https://forum.chanemusiccinema.com/f...627#post115627
                    Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post

                    A6.5 measures 530mm wide by 260mm tall. Depth is 290mm. Speaker is front-ported.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X