A2.4 -out of stock...nooooooooooo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A2.4 -out of stock...nooooooooooo

So I almost feel a bit cursed and quite bummed to be honest. I've been looking to get my first "real" 5.1 setup and after months, originally starting out with A1.5s but after way too much time spent reading and long nights; this brand, that brand & increasing budget, finally settled on getting the A5.5 with A2.4 center with full WAF on all. Saw the bundles on forum a few days ago and it pushed me over...

Come today to place the order and now A2.4 is out of stock.

Only reason didn't place order yesterday is I was waiting for response back from HSU on why I couldn't add their sub to my cart (also out-of-stock).

Wife called & was told A2.4 wouldn't be back in stock until end of summer, at least two months. Guess this is the world telling me not to dip my toe into a real setup. Sigh....

Really don't want to settle and buy something I didn't want, ELACs debut & unfi are both on sale, Kefs seem like the current hype-train & bit overpriced. Someone else suggest Jamo c97ii towers but idk. Also thought going HTD or Emotiva T1 but C2 is out-of-stock too on site.

Please let me know if you find any super secret hidden cache of A2.4s laying around! haha.

We regret not having the A2.4 on hand, mysterion. Out-of-stock is no fun for either our valued customers or ourselves. Ideally we'd throw a switch and they'd reappear.

This year brought us a lot of out of the ordinary events. The Covid-19 thing needs no explanation. It had a devastating effect on OEM plants in some parts of the world, although we were spared most of it. Only our A4.5 midwoofer was caught behind the pandemic, but since it's in the same new build as the A1.5 and A2.4, had something to do with this situation.

The big element, however, was simply very brisk demand. We've enjoyed record sales even before launching six new models plus another four subs this year. The audio world likes a honest product and the A2.4 is that thing.

The third element is the imminent arrival of those new models. We've been concentrating on that infrastructure a lot, and while it's not directly involved with the A Series program, it could offer a solution.

Had you considered the L Series? The L3c is the largely comparable model to the A2.4, differing by one driver size, the fantastic SB Acoustics drivers, and the deluxe cabinetry.

The L3c is more costly, but it's a whale of a speaker and is almost guaranteed to create as much of a stir as the A2.4. It'll also arrive first...

Comment

Hi Jon and/or Chane M&C,
      Very kind of you to respond. Mostly was used as a cathardic post for me and know you can't control most/all supply-based factors. Ultimately one can only have so much stock/backstock.

Really happy to hear a large factor was brisk demand, and not all Covid related!

As eluded to above after researching and pouring over tons of old posts on AVS forum and the likes I continued to find speaker shootouts, customer recommendations (both for music & HT) consistently picking Chane models and truth be told I've honestly have all but finalized on getting Chane's and after getting final WAF -signed, stamped & dated, of course. Then measuring and measuring, was more than ready and decided to hear those nice A5.5s all setup with A2.4.

Main reason for wanting to expedite purchase for at least new 3.1, is my current setup (sub) is making a high pitch whine when volume gets passed certain level.

Went into local high-fi store tonight, of course first room was some super-expensive ESLs. Point being especially for my "first" dip at some real speakers outside outdated pioneer 5.1 satellite setup, looking for that type of quality but a bit more budget friendly.

I'm certaintly interested in L series -dimensions & arrival time dependent. From the photos and what I've read in other thread they are looking & sounding nice!

For timbre matching, betwen LRCs would you want to stick with all one series, A vs L?

Comment

Originally posted by mysterion View Post
        I'm certaintly interested in L series -dimensions & arrival time dependent. From the photos and what I've read in other thread they are looking & sounding nice!

For timbre matching, betwen LRCs would you want to stick with all one series, A vs L?
        The core of a multiway speaker's sound is design, and the L3c and A2.4 share as much design as possible. Their sound is more alike than different. However, because there's no advantage to mixing them up - no magic model from one side to join to magic models from the other - I'd still stay within one product family or the other.

Comment

Working...
        X