Just got the A1 (break-in)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got the A1 (break-in)?

Alright so I received my A1s a couple weeks ago, but after some AVR issues last night was the first time I got to try them out. They are being run as a Zone 2 (Denon 2310CI) in my bedroom. So far I haven't listened to them enough to make judgement, but since my primary speakers are Polk monitors in my main HT setup I don't think I'll be disappointed with these.

I was wondering what people recommend for break in. How many hours should I run these and at what volume to break them in, and is there any type of sound source that is best for breaking these in? I left them on today while I'm at the office tuned to a music radio station at a low volume, hopefully that wasn't a bad idea.

I'm excited to listen to them tonight, it was late last night by the time I had them set up.

Thanks

Few hours to get the tweeters broken in, not too loud. The woofers takes a few weeks but just listen to them like you normally would.

Comment

Based on my experience with the A3's I'd give them at least 100 hours at a "normal to high" volume level but not too much. They should get better with use. Enjoy! :cool:

Comment

Thanks for the help. I guess I will just keep leaving them on, while I am at work for the next couple of days. I have to spend a lot of time with my Harmony remote too to ensure I get all my 2nd zone settings.

Also is there anyway to know how loud I can safely push a speaker? It's a questions I have always wondered, and although I don't think I would ever get close I was wondering if there is a method for determining this. I'm sure it is based someone on the amp in use.

Comment

Congratulations on the A1s. I agree with the rest of the folks. Break them in for at least a couple of weeks. Per the recommendation of BTJ, gtpsuper24 and the members here in the TAI forum, I crossed them over at 50 Hz (moderate volume) and ran them at full range (per BFT -> full range will be dependent on your amp). I did this after five days of on-and-off use (about 4-6 hours per day). I was able to get more bass and the splitgap midwoofers started loosing up (I took out the cover and saw them moving--I had to play some Hip Hop songs though).

Originally posted by carter840
          Alright so I received my A1s a couple weeks ago, but after some AVR issues last night was the first time I got to try them out. They are being run as a Zone 2 (Denon 2310CI) in my bedroom. So far I haven't listened to them enough to make judgement, but since my primary speakers are Polk monitors in my main HT setup I don't think I'll be disappointed with these.

I was wondering what people recommend for break in. How many hours should I run these and at what volume to break them in, and is there any type of sound source that is best for breaking these in? I left them on today while I'm at the office tuned to a music radio station at a low volume, hopefully that wasn't a bad idea.

I'm excited to listen to them tonight, it was late last night by the time I had them set up.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by carter840
            Thanks for the help. I guess I will just keep leaving them on, while I am at work for the next couple of days. I have to spend a lot of time with my Harmony remote too to ensure I get all my 2nd zone settings.

Also is there anyway to know how loud I can safely push a speaker? It's a questions I have always wondered, and although I don't think I would ever get close I was wondering if there is a method for determining this. I'm sure it is based someone on the amp in use.
            Just get the tweeters some moderate play time for a few hours then just play them like you normally would and don't worry about breaking them in before you can enjoy them.

Comment

Hmm...
              I'll have to see about adjusting the crossover frequency. Does anyone know if it is even possible to alter crossover frequency in a 2.0 zone 2 settup with a denon 2310Ci?

Comment

Working...
              X