• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MikeNap
    replied
    A8 baby!

Originally posted by Jon Lane View Post
    I'd love to but cannot, at least not right now. We're going to call that a Phase Two concern, something to come back to once the new site goes live. That's when the fun starts...
    How about a higher end tower that goes deeper then the A5. I'd love to see what Jon could build in the $1000- 1200 price range! Something to compete with the Golden Ear Triton 7's, or the Monitor Audio Silver RX6. I believe that is a strong selling price segment. Only so much time in the day I know… but it's fun to think about.

Leave a comment:

• Chane M&C
    replied
    Originally posted by ryansboston View Post
    Hi Jon, any updates on any other Arx models you can share with us?
    I'd love to but cannot, at least not right now. We're going to call that a Phase Two concern, something to come back to once the new site goes live. That's when the fun starts...

Leave a comment:

• ryansboston
    replied
    Updates on other Arx models

Originally posted by Jon Lane View Post
    Not yet, although it is on the table.
    Hi Jon, any updates on any other Arx models you can share with us?

Thanks,
    Ryan

Leave a comment:

• Chane M&C
    replied
    Originally posted by Hyrlyfrm View Post
    Hi Jon. Any word on the A6's yet?
    Not yet, although it is on the table.

Leave a comment:

• Hyrlyfrm
    replied
    Hi Jon. Any word on the A6's yet?

Leave a comment:

• jnordi
    replied
    I have four A1bs, two as sides and two rears and they work just fine with the A5s LCR, it's reallt nice to have all the same type speaker all around (brand) it makes a difference. Considering going with all A5s for a 5.2 setup, acquired a vintage mint SACD player and would like to have all 5 matching speakers.
    Cheers Jeff

Leave a comment:

• newspeakers
    replied
    Originally posted by HTGuy
    Anxious to finally get the new center channel. I'm not going to ask about the A4's :-). Any recommendations on a set of matching rear speakers to go with 2 A5's and the new a2rx-c? I moved my older atlantic tech 250.1's to the rear, but dispersion is not good for these speakers in the rear. By rears I really mean the sides (they are in the back corners in my room).

steve
    The ARX A1b can be used as surrounds. You can aim them toward the LP if it's just you. If by dispersion, you mean dipoles, then I can't help you.

Leave a comment:

• HTGuy
    replied
    Anxious to finally get the new center channel. I'm not going to ask about the A4's :-). Any recommendations on a set of matching rear speakers to go with 2 A5's and the new a2rx-c? I moved my older atlantic tech 250.1's to the rear, but dispersion is not good for these speakers in the rear. By rears I really mean the sides (they are in the back corners in my room).

steve

Leave a comment:

• powerlifter405
    replied
    Worst case scenario and the vinyl did start to come off. Either rewrap, add vener or prep and paint/gloss, etc..

I too am waiting for the newer speakers to arrive as I'm eager to get my stereo setup.

Leave a comment:

• JoeS
    replied
    Jon I was wondering if you guys have heard when the A2rx-c might hit the water to you guys? Can't wait and thanks for all the updates

Leave a comment:

• newspeakers
    replied
    Originally posted by dpenuliar
    I am very much interested in trying the Arx line. However, I finding 2 owners selling their their ARX because of peeling veneers. Is this common or isolated incidence? What causing of the peeling - heat, moisture?
    I've had my A5s and A1bs for a year and they are perfect. The wrap is very well made and tight. It's quite possible that the ones with peeling veneers were dinged while moving them. They are very solid and heavy, especially the A5 at 55 pounds each and I can image dinging a corner if you are not careful.

Leave a comment:

• gtpsuper24
    replied
    I am very much interested in trying the Arx line. However, I finding 2 owners selling their their ARX because of peeling veneers. Is this common or isolated incidence? What causing of the peeling - heat, moisture?
    I was very surprised to see how those vinyls was peeling off. Mine is still pretty much perfect (going on 2 years with the smaller A1's) . Maybe it was just a bad batch of glue or something. Manufacturering issues happen sometimes. I worked for Honda building Acuras and Accords and from experience there is always issues. 60 cars in a row with bad seat belt bolts, not tightened down to spec but luckily it was caught before they left.

So far Arx speakers have a excellent reputation (other than the basic black look) and so far those seem to be the only isolated problems.

Leave a comment:

• Chane M&C
    replied
    We haven't had any such issues reported to us, but I do know of two instances where FedEx dinged a cabinet corner and the damage let the wrap loose. It can be cemented back down but any deformity of the cabinet itself means the flaw is still visible. In short, this is an excellent quality wrap used in tens of thousands of cabinets annually and it's certainly not prone to spontaneous failure.

Some time ago I mentioned those processes here as well.
    Arx is made to our contract by a capable major OEM currently producing most of the higher-end loudspeaker product - both passive and powered - in the European home and pro fields. This is no small endeavor and it is entirely suitable to translate the unusual Arx entity into 100% QC-checked product of the quality, fit and finish, and durability a performance-oriented brand like Arx needs. In other words, if Arx kind of musicality and output are to exist at all we're going to need to ensure the Arx factory is up to the standard. It is, hands-down. We guarantee it.

Leave a comment:

• dpenuliar
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jnordi
    replied
    Originally posted by Jon Lane
    The A6 concept may wind up being the first of a US-made series. We'd need a lot of interest to bring in a container of them from our usual supplier. Estimated price would be $349-379 in current trim, and maybe a hundred dollars more in a painted, US-made version.
    USA made is even better, and the price is even better, Jon get a mock up drawing of this speaker, you've piqued my interest to say the least. Everything you do does that:)
    Cheers Jeff

Leave a comment:

Working...
X