No announcement yet.

The New Chane 700 Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, Jon! Any estimate of how much it'd cost to ship a pair of 753s? Trying to firm up my budget. Thanks!
    New system: Receiver/integrated amp TBD; Chane Model 753 speakers!

Comment

• Originally posted by BufordTJustice View Post

I'm a fan of going as big as you can within your budget. Triple 753's get my vote. Just cause you can.

You likely wouldn't notice a difference between that and twin 753's/752 center unless you run them all full range.
      Do we know what that price potentially is at this time?

Comment

• From page one

Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post
        This is the bill of materials for a cruder DIY version of the 753. These are the current street prices for all the parts, as best as we can determine them using typical retail pricing:
        • Three premium 8” Danish woofers - $255
        • 1” professional imported prosound compression driver with titanium diaphragm - $100
        • Matching cast aluminum horn with modified elliptical expansion and constant coverage - $80
        • ~75 pound 3/4” MDF cabinet, CNC (computer) milled, extensively braced, 1” low diffraction, low reflectance, molded front and back boards with sim. black ash case – Estimated at at least $200 each
        • Simplified three-way DIY crossover, hand-wired, audiophile components - $90
        • Machined aluminum outrigger feet and chrome and stainless hardware - $150 and up
        • Miscellaneous parts, hardware, acoustical damping, finishing, assembly, testing and tuning (if any), value of time spent, shipping, and logistics - $250 and up
        Total estimated cost for a DIY copy of the highly developed, packaged, and guaranteed Chane Model 753 -assuming a DIYer can get the custom parts - is $1125 or $2250 a pair. Subtract the time spent, tools, finishing, assembly, testing, and tuning, and approximate out-of-pocket costs and an attempted clone comes to $875 or $1750 a pair.

Our limited Group Buy will offer the Model 753 for a comparable figure, which isn't too bad for a premium quality, large format, audio-videophile design with value just as compelling as our $2000+ class A5.5.

Granted, these are my estimates for matching (or similar) parts on the street market and someone could conceivably put together a triple 8” large tower with a nondescript treble system for, let's say, six hundred dollars, but we get what we pay for. I'm not sure what the benefit would be when for much less cost (less shipping) we can hear the real article with a return policy and a 5-year warranty.

Fine print. Grille covers included for 752, 753, and 740s. A modified 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee is included but during Group Buy period deduct a 20% restocking fee for any returns. Shipping costs are partly covered by Chane but are not completely included, either outbound or return. We contract for best corporate rates. FOB Milwaukee Wisconsin. Shipping options will appear in webstore checkout. 5 year guarantee, parts and labor only. Unless covered here, purchase is subject to all other Terms and Conditions appearing elsewhere on the Chane site.

Comment

• Originally posted by cgramer View Post
          Hi, Jon! Any estimate of how much it'd cost to ship a pair of 753s? Trying to firm up my budget. Thanks!
          I don't know yet. We will ship the 700's and the large L's on pallet by truck LTL. Safer handling, less risky door service; just a win all around. We also use a comprehensive aggregator to factor all available routes and schedules and from them select the best-cost option. Lastly, we'll underwrite about half the actual cost of your delivery ourselves - using this corporate discount system - which should make the equation about as attractive as it can be.

We're all hands on deck for the website right now. I hope to relaunch mid month and then you can see what the automatic shopping cart says.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freddyknuckles View Post
            From page one

Sorry, I couldn't make sense of that

Comment

• The mid driver on the 753 looks very interesting.
              To me it looks like a Pro Sound driver.
              Is there any information on this driver?
              I haven’t seen much discussions about the 753. To me I find the 753 concept even more interesting over the 752 with the addition of the pro sound mid driver in the 3 way tower of the 753’s.

It reminds me of how the A5.5 upper mid driver is different than the XBL2 drivers on the A2.4 or the three lower drivers on the A5.5.

I took the measurements of the 753’s and cut out a piece of cardboard for the speaker base.
              The base of my speaker stands are pretty much the size of the 753’s. With my 28” stands the 753’s would be at the same height as a set of A2.4’s on my stands and the 753’s would actually be about 9 inches shorter than my stands plus a set of 752’s.

So for the same size footprint and the same height I could have the 753 towers over a set of stands plus the A2.4’s.

Very interesting....🤔👍🏻🇺🇸

Comment

• Originally posted by Ehill View Post
                The mid driver on the 753 looks very interesting.
                To me it looks like a Pro Sound driver.
                Is there any information on this driver?
                It's a fairly nondescript but high energy driver from the same maker as the 753's woofers. Light paper with a nicely controlled response. Even a similar frame style. A nice match overall.

Originally posted by Ehill View Post
                With my 28” stands the 753’s would be at the same height as a set of A2.4’s on my stands and the 753’s would actually be about 9 inches shorter than my stands plus a set of 752’s.

So for the same size footprint and the same height I could have the 753 towers over a set of stands plus the A2.4’s.
                It's an acoustically large speaker by comparison and saves on stands. Just a question of budget and one's loudness requirements...

Comment

• Hi folks. With our subwoofer project handled for now it's time to update the 700 series rollout. As you know, we have two main models, with a third onwall model 740s scheduled for late this year (and probably some smaller, deluxe 700 models as well.) The 3-woofer 753 and twin woofer MTM 752 are first up.

For details on all three please visit the first half dozen posts in the 700 Series sub-forum.

Everything is in stock for models 752 and 753 and complete, tested units will package over the next two weeks or so. They'll appear online, with prices, when we post an updated website, which is an any-week-now proposition. Shipping for 753's and many 752's will typically by truck freight (LTL) because it's safer and can cost less. Even if it's not less it's a better way to receive valuable equipment.

We hadn't posted a reservation list for this series although that could yet be done. If you're interested, please say so and we can start one up.

We'll announce availability here, on Twitter, by way of the new web content pages, and through our newsletter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post
                    Hi folks. With our subwoofer project handled for now it's time to update the 700 series rollout. As you know, we have two main models, with a third onwall model 740s scheduled for late this year (and probably some smaller, deluxe 700 models as well.) The 3-woofer 753 and twin woofer MTM 752 are first up.

For details on all three please visit the first half dozen posts in the 700 Series sub-forum.

Everything is in stock for models 752 and 753 and complete, tested units will package over the next two weeks or so. They'll appear online, with prices, when we post an updated website, which is an any-week-now proposition. Shipping for 753's and many 752's will typically by truck freight (LTL) because it's safer and can cost less. Even if it's not less it's a better way to receive valuable equipment.

We hadn't posted a reservation list for this series although that could yet be done. If you're interested, please say so and we can start one up.

We'll announce availability here, on Twitter, by way of the new web content pages, and through our newsletter.
                    Chane M&C Add me to the list for the 700's series... Thanks

Comment

• I'm feeling like a kid in a candy store. Probably not possible but ideally both L and 700 series pricing are available prior to the first available series' initial launch. Having said that if price was a compelling tipping point, I would be interested in two 753 and one 752.

Comment

• Chane M&C Add me to the list for the 700's series... Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by kabin View Post
                          I'm feeling like a kid in a candy store. Probably not possible but ideally both L and 700 series pricing are available prior to the first available series' initial launch. Having said that if price was a compelling tipping point, I would be interested in two 753 and one 752.
                          The best estimate we have for the first two 700 models is here. No more than it costs to build inferior clones.

Comment

• Yes, trying to get a feel for the price differential. A 753 pair might be around $1750 whereas the L7 pair would be significantly more. My recollection is probably off but thought $2500 was once mentioned for a pair of L7s. I'm sure it will all start firming up in the weeks to come.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post
                              Hi, Jon! I think I've settled on the 753 for my system, so put me down for a pair of them. You can remove me from the L-series list.

Thanks! Can't wait!

—Chris
                              New system: Receiver/integrated amp TBD; Chane Model 753 speakers!

Comment

• Originally posted by kabin View Post
                                My recollection is probably off but thought $2500 was once mentioned for a pair of L7s. I'm sure it will all start firming up in the weeks to come.
                                It'll firm up before long, and I expect something closer to $2k than $2.5k. Hopefully and possibly much closer.

Comment

Working...
                                X